I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up!
Spent the beginning of December on our big Hawaii trip to celebrate my 40th birthday. It was great, but exhausting. Next trip needs to be more relaxing 😂

Some stats:
6 flights on 3 airlines
4 hotels
3 theme parks (in one day!)
3 rental cars

After the drama of having Hawaiian airlines cancel our direct flight a week after I booked it using transfered Amex MR, the new flight ended up being my favorite. We had to lose a day of the trip to position ourselves in LA to catch a Hawaiian flight, but we were able to book first class for the exact amount of points I had. I was also contacted to participate in a survey by Hawaiian before and during the flight and should be receiving $500 for my efforts. We got to hit up the Centurion Lounge at LAX before our flight for an extra bougie travel day for us.

We stayed 3 nights at Aulani, which was the only thing we paid out of pocket for. Rented DVC points. Did a local luau that I booked with points through the UR portal. We all wish we could have stayed longer, but had to move on to places that were free on points!

Flew Southwest to Maui and stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton on points. Spent our one day there doing the Road to Hana.

Then flew SW back to LAX and spent 2 nights at the Hyatt House Anaheim using points and a free night cert. I used UR to buy tix for Knott's Berry Farm and had 3 comp tix from before I was laid off at Disney that were about to expire. We hit up DCA for Avengers Campus in the morning, then spent the day at Knott's until it closed at 6pm and then did a few hours at Disneyland. Exhausting.

Flew SW home via Austin. Redeemed a free week of airport parking while picking up the car, and then headed home to crash!

Total cash price for hotels/rental cars/flights/event tix/gas was $15k!
Total spent OOP was $2600.
Time to plan another trip!

Reminder: If you have the Discover IT card, switch over your streaming subscription payments in the next few days. Streaming is one of the 5X categories for Q1.
It says select streaming services but I don't see what the 'select' ones are. Is there a list somewhere I am missing?

If you fly SW, it is easy to use the Plat credit. You can book a SW flight for under $105 then cancel to keep the travel funds to use towards a cash booking.

If you want to build up to grater than $100, just use change instead increase by $105 or less and then cancel to keep the travel funds.

So like the other day, I did:
Flight for $105
Change for $95
Change for $101
Change for $99
Cancel for $400 in travel funds
I'm going to do the same, but I have a question.
I bought $95 WGA fare, I can change it to a Business Select for $104. If I do that, I can still cancel keep the travel credit and use it as I want correct? I don't have to use it to book a business select fare?

im not sure if it has changed but before, u needed to match Caesars to Wyndam in Jan and in Feb, u match Wyndam to Caesars. I know starting this year, they were pretty picky on who can match and who cant.
im assuming though, if you have the Wyndham biz card, doesnt that automatically give u diamond on Wyndam so i dont think it makes a difference on timing?
Yeah. I don't need to match back to Wyndam. I guess I will try in January and see what happens. Thanks.

For GE, DS just recently got his learner’s permit, do I enter that information in the driver’s license information? It says valid driver’s license and I can’t find any info on the TSA site.

I thought Ceasars was doing away with the Diamond status match? I think mine got pulled this year, and then they changed their mind and said they were starting it next year. They want you to earn Diamond the old fashioned way, by gambling.
Yeah- I saw that last year right after I got the Wyndham Biz Card. But it worked. I was able to status match to Diamond and got all the perks in Vegas this las year. I just need to status match again for the upcoming year so it works on my February trip. Nice not having to pay the resort fees and also get the $100 Dinner Certificate.

For GE, DS just recently got his learner’s permit, do I enter that information in the driver’s license information? It says valid driver’s license and I can’t find any info on the TSA site.
I’m assuming this is his first application for GE? I think I would leave it blank. I know 17 year olds who still don’t have driver’s licenses, so I can’t see it being a requirement to enter that information at such a young age.

I have had a Disney Visa card (No fee) for over a decade.
Can I apply for the Disney Visa Fee card to get the bonus points as well as hold the No fee card then close the fee card at the end of the year?

Planning on a trip in about a year and interested in boosting my points count to use at Disney restaurants.

I’m assuming this is his first application for GE? I think I would leave it blank. I know 17 year olds who still don’t have driver’s licenses, so I can’t see it being a requirement to enter that information at such a young age.
Thanks. It was actually a renewal but I did end up leaving it blank.

I have had a Disney Visa card (No fee) for over a decade.
Can I apply for the Disney Visa Fee card to get the bonus points as well as hold the No fee card then close the fee card at the end of the year?

Planning on a trip in about a year and interested in boosting my points count to use at Disney restaurants.
Yes.

I thought Ceasars was doing away with the Diamond status match? I think mine got pulled this year, and then they changed their mind and said they were starting it next year. They want you to earn Diamond the old fashioned way, by gambling.
The status match is still available, they are just restricting who they'll match now. If you've earned Wyndham Diamond, then you should be matched to Caesar's diamond. As far as we know, having the status from the card is still a valid method of earning the status.

They want to keep out me, who had 0 Wyndham stays, gaming the status system and keeping my Diamond status by matching back and forth. (I also was matched, then downgraded, and then reversed back to Diamond this year.) Which sucks, but paying a $95 AF is cheaper than the $200 "resort" fees they want to charge for my hubby's boys week. (The "resort" fee covers WiFi... that's it... cruise ship WiFi is cheaper... but I digress...) Plus $100 Diamond dinner credit, comes out ahead.

Now I just need a better sign up bonus. Missed the 75k by a few days. But we have some time before the trip.

I am going to be a few thousand miles short for my SW companion pass for 2023. Can I purchase the difference in points I need prior to 12/31? Any other ideas are greatly appreciated !!!
Unfortunately, the points you purchase are not considered "qualifying points" so they wouldn't add to your total. If you make a purchase with a SW CC, the rewards earned from that would count if they post this year.

I am going to be a few thousand miles short for my SW companion pass for 2023. Can I purchase the difference in points I need prior to 12/31? Any other ideas are greatly appreciated !!!
SW is having a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad week. Can you even get on the website to purchase points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter