• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

2 years ago when I got a CIC I called the number on my Chase Freedom and they redirected me to whoever does the card. It was just reallocating credit around my biz cards. They wanted 5K for the CIC. This time, instant approval for a $3k limit on my CIU. I have to call so will move again from my Chase Marriott Bonvoy biz card so I can knock out the spend with ease.
You can move CL with an SM. Not sure if you were calling only to move CL or for other things as well.

For car rentals abroad (Europe) - I have the CSP and always decline coverage in the US.

Anything I should know about coverage when renting in Europe? I plan to use the CSP to pay for the rental.
I rented with Sixt through USAA and used my CSP. Picked up a Mercedes in Zurich (Switzerland) and drove all over Switzerland (from east to west per say), Germany and Austria without a hitch. I'd decline any extra coverage once again if I were to do it all over again. And I do plan to do it all over again next summer!! :smooth:

Okay JB people, I booked the JB Extra (as my points were there this morning). For 2k more. 60k for the 3 one way flights, so that kinda hurt, but I got the card for the free checked bags and the flight home, so it is whatever. Plus if they ever merge w/ Spirit, I'll have flight bennies, LOL. They don't have a bunch of options from DTW either. It says it has the option of same day standby/change. We land in BOS at 3pm. The "earlier" JB flight is at 4:45pm. I know it's pushing it, as we have to gather checked bags and recheck them. But we all have TSA precheck so hopefully that might go fast. I booked on the 9pm flight. I'd prefer getting home earlier, especially since I'll be teaching the next day. Do I ask for the change online? App? At the gate? I'm assuming once we're on our way I'll have a better idea if we can pull off the earlier flight and Aer Lingus has free wifi. I also figured maybe I go back on the earlier flight, and my mom and 17yo (well she'll be 18 then, LOL) can get the bags, recheck them, etc. IDK.

If all goes well, the earlier flight is doable, but any delay or if the luggage delivery is slow you are gonna struggle. You will need to have your bags checked with JetBlue by 3:45pm - so if your gate arrival is 3pm it'll be tight but possible if they get the luggage to the carousel within 30mins. My experience flying into terminal C (with JetBlue though) is that luggage delivery is usually pretty good but there are obviously many factors that could impact this.

Honestly, I don't know if I'd be comfortable trying to change to the earlier flight until I had luggage in hand. Not sure what happens if you make the change, then miss the flight - can you change back again for free?

SW CP switching users question:

DH is my CP and we I am taking MIL to Disneyland 4/12 and DH is joining later. Then all three are flying home 4/16. All SW. Is it too risky to switch my CP to MIL a couple of days before this trip and add her as my companion for this trip and then change it back to DH? DH and I have trips in early May and later that we would need to be sure he's added on to.

It's a savings of ~$180 / point equivalence to be able to have MIL as my CP for that one 4/12 flight, but I wouldn't be able to add her until a few days before due to another trip and I would worry about other flights with DH down the line, though rn none look like they're nearly full

Can I cancel my personal southwest card via chat or will I have to call?

Also... what does chase do if there's a negative balance on the card when it's canceled?
You can cancel by sending a SM, if you have other Chase personal cards you can also ask them to move the credit balance to another card

HUCA. you have nada to lose. And, I'm seriously thinking of that Ambassador thing...I get offered the $200/40k thing all the time.
I did the Ambassador thing for the first time in Dec, mainly to keep Diamond status for a year. It cost 40k, which I value at $200, but I got 20k back for booking during a stay promotion, so my cost was essentially $100. For the $100 cost, I got the BOGO Ambassador Weekend Night certificate while stays at Kimptons were still covered. Also had an Amex offer at that time, so got $75 off that stay.

We'll have had 7 Kimpton nights lined up during this time period, so just from the free breakfast benefit for two, we'll score $448 in "value" from that benefit alone.

If I do it again, I would wait until closer to when my status was running out or just before I had a stay planned to make the 12 months status extension worth it.

Got a Chase offer for $8 off a $12 AARP membership (auto-renewal). I have read some blogs about pairing this AARP discount with a Chase discount to buy cheap British Airway flights and then upgrade those flights.

IDK if I'll bite. Anyone find AARP membership worth $4-8?
I know this is a little old, but wanted to answer - we have an AARP membership and I use it for buying discounted gift cards (mostly for Carnival Cruises), but they have lots of other gift cards too that are usually a 10% discount, but a few are up to 20%.

I just sent Chase a SM asking if they will match the 40k support offer for DH’s approval last Friday. He was approved using my 20k support link, and I received the 40k email this morning. Worst they can do is say no.

I just applied for DH today using my support link. I'm debating SM asking if he can get the higher bonus, but not sure I'll risk it.

When I looked at what we'd gotten during the higher signup bonus, we did pretty good even if they don't match (if I ask):

DH:
07/26/22 approval matched to 90,000
11/09/22 approval for 90,000
03/07/23 approval for 75,000

me:
08/23/22 approval matched to 90,000
1/4/23 approval for 90,000

I just applied for DH today using my support link. I'm debating SM asking if he can get the higher bonus, but not sure I'll risk it.
Are referring to the 40k support bonus? Or the 90k bonus? If you’re referring to asking for the 90k bonus match, I personally wouldn’t expect it to be matched, but hey there’s no reason not to try. His velocity looks good so unless there’s some other reason, what the heck. Guess it’s just how comfortable you feel with Chase looking at the account.

We did the Starcruiser last year. So much fun! We did pay the entire thing with Disney Gift cards from office supply stores.

FYI there are some fun FB groups that share excellent ideas and economical resources like Amazon for those who want to dress up “in universe”. Galactic Starcruiser Costuming is one of them. I’m not a Star Wars person but dressing up and playing along really enhanced our experience. We also did the optional photo shoot and really loved our pics! Of course the Amazon purchases were paid with Amazon GCs bought at office supply stores for 5x.

Have fun!

View attachment 744764

Great! Thanks!
DH says he's already in one of those FB groups 🤣
I'm debating doing the photo package, but I hear it's a lot more expensive than it was when it first opened.

I hope you enjoy your trip. We’re staying at an Airbnb in La Fortuna, and then Los Altos. I’ll try to give a report from Los Altos. I believe you’re staying there as well correct?
Same to you! Yes we will be at Los Altos for 4 nights and Andaz Papagayo for 3 nights before that. I have been scoping out restaurants in the Manuel Antonio area to see what is nearby. Mmm.

Are referring to the 40k support bonus? Or the 90k bonus? If you’re referring to asking for the 90k bonus match, I personally wouldn’t expect it to be matched, but hey there’s no reason not to try. His velocity looks good so unless there’s some other reason, what the heck. Guess it’s just how comfortable you feel with Chase looking at the account.
I was talking about the 90k - I doubt they would either, but if I would message them before the non-supported 90k offer ended and say that I saw that offer, they may consider it. I would be a long shot I know though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter