I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

DD is finally applying for an Amex MR card, so that she can transfer her 60k MR from the checking account, to her Delta account. And darnit if she is still in pop up jail! What does it take to get an AMEX card these days? She only has one, has only ever had one, and she puts a little on it each month.

Ok then, she got approved for the BBP with no pop up. Too bad she can't meet that spend. I told her to just pick that one, since the offer isn't great on that card anyway, and it went and approved her for the offer. Go figure.
The Business Blue Plus is actually a pretty good card. It earns 2x on pretty much everything. So it's a pretty solid 0 annual fee card to put everything on that you would normally only get 1x on.

There's different bonuses on that. I signed up during a 75k/$15k MSR/12 months, which will earn 105 UR between the spend and the bonus, and it had that nice 12 months on it. I think that's pretty ok for my miscellaneous slow spend with the 2x. I got that via mailer, but I know there are much shorter MSRs on the same card, like 3 months.

Either way, might help get her out of pop-up jail and if it helps her transfer her MR, it's a win.

Finally been getting rid of my stash of Visa gift cards $200 at a time. I have been able to buy money orders with them if I do one card per money order.

Leaving tomorrow for three weeks in SW Florida. I really need a vacation.
The 90k is showing on the Chase website. I think the 90k via referral links is done. But I don't have a P2.

But can I have 2 CIUs and 2 CICs? LOL
Yes, I have triple that amount.

The Business Blue Plus is actually a pretty good card. It earns 2x on pretty much everything. So it's a pretty solid 0 annual fee card to put everything on that you would normally only get 1x on.

There's different bonuses on that. I signed up during a 75k/$15k MSR/12 months, which will earn 105 UR between the spend and the bonus, and it had that nice 12 months on it. I think that's pretty ok for my miscellaneous slow spend with the 2x. I got that via mailer, but I know there are much shorter MSRs on the same card, like 3 months.

Either way, might help get her out of pop-up jail and if it helps her transfer her MR, it's a win.
Yes she was approved without the pop up much to our shock. The spend is $3000 in 3 months which she can’t swing. I will probably end up putting some spend on it, since she actually didn’t get the pop up I want her to get the points.

Yes she was approved without the pop up much to our shock. The spend is $3000 in 3 months which she can’t swing. I will probably end up putting some spend on it, since she actually didn’t get the pop up I want her to get the points.
Don't forget things she/you can prepay--utilities are my favorite but I would guess that insurance would also work.

Weird. I didn't receive one. Business was registered with an EIN vs SSN. Anyone know if I should do anything about it?
I would file as if I had received the 1099 since others did get one.

In the grand scheme the difference it makes to a tax situation is probably small + this will protect you in case you didn’t get the mail or you got missed due to an IT glitch (a la Chase a few years ago when all of the sudden folks got spring/summer 1099s and enjoyed the joy of refilling 😡 ).

Amex biz plat PC
I'm feeling messy. I see I missed an AF renewal post four months back on an Amex biz plat. I don't believe I can cancel and have the AF prorated, correct? So my option would be to PC to a biz green and get the AF prorated for both, is that correct?
No point in seeing if there's a retention, as that will just push me into the same predicament 13 months from now. I'll get to work on the Dell and airline credits asap.

Amex biz plat PC
I'm feeling messy. I see I missed an AF renewal post four months back on an Amex biz plat. I don't believe I can cancel and have the AF prorated, correct? So my option would be to PC to a biz green and get the AF prorated for both, is that correct?
No point in seeing if there's a retention, as that will just push me into the same predicament 13 months from now. I'll get to work on the Dell and airline credits asap.
Yeah. Get the credits, downgrade to green, wait for the prorate to post, close the card. You’ll eat the prorated AF of the Plat, and the prorated AF of the Green after that, but you’ll still get a good chunk back in the end.

Yeah. Get the credits, downgrade to green, wait for the prorate to post, close the card. You’ll eat the prorated AF of the Plat, and the prorated AF of the Green after that, but you’ll still get a good chunk back in the end.
Oooh, so I can close after I've PCed to the biz green and the prorated fees have posted? I don't have to hold the green for any period of time? I thought I'd read that and that would be sweet.

We are going to Aulani in Nov. I am looking to book our Hawaiian airlines flights soon. I have enough Chase points to cover most of it. I’ve been seeing it mentioned on here that it’s a hassle booking flights with URs? If I pay most of the cost with URs and put a little bit on my CSR, is that covered with the travel protection?

I have no other points and since Im booking soon, no way to open new cards to earn more.
Flights are $866 each and I need 4, so I don’t really want to pay OOP when I have 230,000URs sitting there.

We are going to Aulani in Nov. I am looking to book our Hawaiian airlines flights soon. I have enough Chase points to cover most of it. I’ve been seeing it mentioned on here that it’s a hassle booking flights with URs? If I pay most of the cost with URs and put a little bit on my CSR, is that covered with the travel protection?

I have no other points and since Im booking soon, no way to open new cards to earn more.
Flights are $866 each and I need 4, so I don’t really want to pay OOP when I have 230,000URs sitting there.
Can you fly SW? I know they have flights to Hawaii. We flew from BWI. You could transfer your UR’s to them if you have a card that does that.

I’ve never booked flight through the Chase portal only hotels, which are easy.
If I’m remembering correctly people caution that if something goes wrong with the flights it’s harder to deal with if they are booked through Chase vs directly with the airline

I’ve never booked flight through the Chase portal only hotels, which are easy.
If I’m remembering correctly people caution that if something goes wrong with the flights it’s harder to deal with if they are booked through Chase vs directly with the airline
@pinkxray - yes use caution. I had booked what I thought was a round-trip flight on AA using URs. The outbound flight got cancelled due to weather. That flight was refunded (got URs back). However, since it was only a weekend trip, I didn't care to rebook - just wanted to cancel the whole trip. For the return flight, I got a flight credit with AA. I was told that Chase booked it as two one-way trips, so I couldn't get the URs back as a refund. The credit was not transferrable.
Luckily, I was able to use the flight credit, but it did almost go unused.

Would I use URs to book a flight again? probably. But I always prefer to transfer the URs to airlines and book directly with the airline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter