I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Sorry you can’t see the ocean from your balcony 🙁 we were in 23A and had that partial view. I hope you enjoy the resort. Those “rooms” are so huge. I was always like “wow” every time I was walking down the hallway.
Well, first world problems, right? We're in 22A but it's a beautiful place regardless and huge. Bigger than my house, so I'm not really complaining.
We went to Manuel Antonio Park this morning. It was not quite as I remember as loads of things have changed. Paved paths and wooden walkways and waaaay more crowds. We still managed to see quite a lot and it was totally worth it to hire a guide because we wouldn't have seen half the animals without him. We didn't really see many birds but have seen scarlet macaws from the hotel 😍

Well, I got my new CIU today and the MSR will be completed and then some by tomorrow. Great being able to pay insurance and legal fees by credit card.

OTOH, it's crazy how much organic spend we are going through! I finished MSR on 4 new CC's in 2 months!

And I know I have at least $1000 in spend I MUST make before 5/1/2023. It was planning to use this new card for these expenses, but the new insurance and legal fees happened unexpectedly. I need a new CC!!!

I am visiting my DD tomorrow... I'm tempted to have her apply for a CIC or CIU... or perhaps a personal Chase card? Any suggestions? She has excellent credit. She piggy back off our credit for years, then opened her own Discover card in college which is what she uses to this day. She does want a different card than Discover because she can't use it for everything. She has a mortgage.

She pays off her card every month. Probably spends about $500-$1000 on it monthly organically as she puts everything on it.

The Discover is the only card she applied for on her own. She is a AU on a number of our cards - CO, Discover and Biz Chase cards.

I would like to help her start stockpiling her own reward points and would probably help her meet her MSR quickly.

Any suggestions on which card she should apply for would be welcome.

TIA.

FEE Free Visa gift cards at Staples starting April 2. I never got around to getting the mastercards so I may swoop in and finish my CIU spend next week. That will be $3200, in two trips. Too much on one card?

Well, I got my new CIU today and the MSR will be completed and then some by tomorrow. Great being able to pay insurance and legal fees by credit card.

OTOH, it's crazy how much organic spend we are going through! I finished MSR on 4 new CC's in 2 months!

And I know I have at least $1000 in spend I MUST make before 5/1/2023. It was planning to use this new card for these expenses, but the new insurance and legal fees happened unexpectedly. I need a new CC!!!

I am visiting my DD tomorrow... I'm tempted to have her apply for a CIC or CIU... or perhaps a personal Chase card? Any suggestions? She has excellent credit. She piggy back off our credit for years, then opened her own Discover card in college which is what she uses to this day. She does want a different card than Discover because she can't use it for everything. She has a mortgage.

She pays off her card every month. Probably spends about $500-$1000 on it monthly organically as she puts everything on it.

The Discover is the only card she applied for on her own. She is a AU on a number of our cards - CO, Discover and Biz Chase cards.

I would like to help her start stockpiling her own reward points and would probably help her meet her MSR quickly.

Any suggestions on which card she should apply for would be welcome.

TIA.
I would have her go to a chase branch and apply for her own CSP. Or wait a few weeks and hope the support links increase.

I have the same offer on my Chase Hyatt card. I'm happy with it. I tend to transfer most of my Chase points to Hyatt anyway. It's not a big improvement on the Gold 4x at grocery stores, though.
same there has been a rumor going around for months that the CSR is going to go up to 600$+ AF with a bigger multiplier and a coupon book I'm not holding my breath but id guess 75% of the time I use UR for hyatt reward redemption.

This site is not very good with maintaining a website, Click the X on the yellow banner at the top and it will go back to normal. They didn't code that correctly. Happened to me a few days ago, once I closed that notice it's been fine.
thank you it was driving me nuts

how are the Marriott people taking the 150k cap? wowzers
question is everyone's forum pages in bold? I don't think I've ever seen dashboards like this.

Well I for one will no longer keep the Brilliant card long term. The FN cert isn’t worth it with the current cap considering you’d almost always have to top off for aspirational hotels and knowing they will rarely be do-able. I’ll play upgrade downgrade if the opportunity arises to earn Marriott points. Sadly, they do have some amazing properties that I’d like to experience. So that means I will need to earn points but not through spending on an existing card. I will keep the RC card because I can still offset the AF with UTB and can make use of two 85k certs at WDW and feel that the AF with those certs and UTB deposits are worth it. But, I don’t need a Brilliant card with a higher AF on top of that. Even though I can fully utilize the dining credits, they aren’t enough to offset the AF.

Well I for one will no longer keep the Brilliant card long term. The FN cert isn’t worth it with the current cap considering you’d almost always have to top off for aspirational hotels and knowing they will rarely be do-able. I’ll play upgrade downgrade if the opportunity arises to earn Marriott points. Sadly, they do have some amazing properties that I’d like to experience. So that means I will need to earn points but not through spending on an existing card. I will keep the RC card because I can still offset the AF with UTB and can make use of two 85k certs at WDW and feel that the AF with those certs and UTB deposits are worth it. But, I don’t need a Brilliant card with a higher AF on top of that. Even though I can fully utilize the dining credits, they aren’t enough to offset the AF.
yeah, what's the back doorway to get the RC card? I might end up doing that I forgot I read it somewhere (maybe here) I still am forced to go to Marriott sometimes because of the smaller footprint of Hyatt the reason I canceled mine was that the swing was so high between them all that made me feel like I was chasing a worthless thing. Also, they invented 2 higher statuses now which I'm sure Hyatt will copy lol.

yeah, what's the back doorway to get the RC card? I might end up doing that I forgot I read it somewhere (maybe here) I still am forced to go to Marriott sometimes because of the smaller footprint of Hyatt the reason I canceled mine was that the swing was so high between them all that made me feel like I was chasing a worthless thing. Also, they invented 2 higher statuses now which I'm sure Hyatt will copy lol.
When I did it a couple of years ago, I had a Chase Bonvoy Boundless card and called in and asked to upgrade it to the RC card.

Nothing surprises me anymore but I hope they don’t. I’m on track to hit Globalist again this year.

Is anyone else's Chase accounts missing the transfer cards? I went in last week to my account to transfer some UR's and there were no cards on the "to" side when you try to combine points. I thought it was just a IT glitch and thought I'll try again later. I went in today and they are still missing and now it's the same on my DH's account. Just wondering if it's just us or if it's Chase wide before I start SM'ing with them.

I downgraded mine to the old SPG Bonvoy with 35K free night and 95$ annual fee. I was okay with the $450 and the $300 offset. But changing the $300 to restaurants did me in. I also tired of the $10 a month restaurants on the Rose Gold when I had it. I rarely change anything but Amex seems to have a knack for screwing it up.

Is anyone else's Chase accounts missing the transfer cards? I went in last week to my account to transfer some UR's and there were no cards on the "to" side when you try to combine points. I thought it was just a IT glitch and thought I'll try again later. I went in today and they are still missing and now it's the same on my DH's account. Just wondering if it's just us or if it's Chase wide before I start SM'ing with them.
Oh dear, ours are missing too.

UPDATE I went into my own account, and when I clicked a box in the column from the accounts to transfer out out, the accounts then showed up on the left side. That hadn't worked when I was in p2 account. Then I went back into p2 account, and clicked two boxes from that left column, and then the ones in the right showed up and I moved them.

After reading your post I went in to look.

I had transferred points from CIC to CSP and then to Hyatt last weekend.

The format has changed but I was able to follow instructions right now and see my enrolled card(s). I also went ahead and did a 1K point transfer. They all mostly go to Hyatt anyway. I have 2 enrolled cards, a southwest I no longer have but it shows (I guess the points would go to Rapid Rewards) and my Hyatt.

Then I wondered about my Chase Freedom and my CIC, CIU. TO get them to my transfer card, I can use the option of combine points. So to transfer to travel partners, I've only got one transfer card and now since I started my transaction through that card, that's when all transfer options showed up.

Last edited:
I would have her go to a chase branch and apply for her own CSP. Or wait a few weeks and hope the support links increase.

Not sure she will be bothered to go into a branch. It took me MONTHS of nagging to get me to get her to go into a bank to close out an account that we opened for college, that she NEVER used. She immediately got $1000 from that.

If she wouldn't go in to get $$$, she sure won't go in to get reward "points!" :rolleyes1

I'm the one that can't bear to leave points on the table when my organic spend can earn them legitimately!!

Yeah, since last week I've noticed it's glitchy. Sometimes it takes a few times trying to get the accounts to show up to the side. I did successfully transfer points earlier this week. After messing with it, I can usually get the accounts to all show up. I think it's definitely an IT issue on Chase's end.

FEE Free Visa gift cards at Staples starting April 2. I never got around to getting the mastercards so I may swoop in and finish my CIU spend next week. That will be $3200, in two trips. Too much on one card?

There's still time to get the Mastercards at Staples, offer is still valid as seen on Discount District on the gift card thread.

Staples
Staples Sneak Peek
  • Buy $200 Visa Gift Cards with no purchase fee
Here's another nice offer!

Office Depot Online: Blackhawk/GiftCardMall
  • Buy $100 Visa Gift Cards & Get $10 Off
    • Limit 3.
    • Direct link to offer.
    • Will not code as office supply
    • VV from giftcards .com will NOT work.
    • Expires 3/30/23. GCG

https://www.chase.com/mybonus

But if you have a current offer, it'll show that until April 1. You should get an e-mail too if targeted.
1st Q I checked all our chase cards using the bonus link and received 5% grocery, gas on 3/4 cards. Then about 2 weeks later I received one email confirming I qualified. We've never been targeted nor have we ever received email offers. Everything is turned on so not sure what the issue is.
Same goes with Discover, 1st Q. is the first time we've ever received an email offer from them in 31 years. YEARS! Crazy!

So YMMV on that email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter