I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

man, i missed it!
how are the Marriott people taking the 150k cap? wowzers
question is everyone's forum pages in bold? I don't think I've ever seen dashboards like this.
Mine is and it's so annoying. And I don't know what the cap is but it sounds bad.

man, i missed it!
how are the Marriott people taking the 150k cap? wowzers
question is everyone's forum pages in bold? I don't think I've ever seen dashboards like this.
That’s crazy about Marriott but we don’t do luxury hotels so it doesn’t affect us, I can still book hotel rooms with free breakfast for pretty cheap. Just booked Springhills Suite for 21,000 points. What sucks is that the Marriott SUBs and card restrictions. I miss the time DH has 4 Marriott/SPG cards.

Don't forget it's almost a new quarter, so time to check your Chase bonuses.

My SW and Hubby's Disney both got 5% up to $1,500 spend on gas, grocery, and restaurants 4/1-6/30/23.
Thanks. My SW had get 6000 points for $6000 spend! (not worth it to me). DH's Marriott card had the 5X gas, grocery, & restaurants. Have to do math to see it 5X Marriott points are worth more than the 3X cash back on CSR. I'm guessing no. I get 6% back on groceries with AmEx and 4% back on gas with Citi Costco card.

So, $1000 spend gets me 5000 Bonvoy vs 3000 UR's on dining, $60 on groceries, $40 on gas.

I called today for a retention offer on my AmEx plat and was told that since I got 55k MR last year (can't recall the spend, I think $4k) that I don't qualify this year. I believe I also got a retention offer in 2021. Is it worth trying again tomorrow?

I'd like to keep this card for another year so will pay the fee, but will cancel next year unless there's a good retention offer.

Thanks. My SW had get 6000 points for $6000 spend! (not worth it to me). DH's Marriott card had the 5X gas, grocery, & restaurants. Have to do math to see it 5X Marriott points are worth more than the 3X cash back on CSR. I'm guessing no. I get 6% back on groceries with AmEx and 4% back on gas with Citi Costco card.

So, $1000 spend gets me 5000 Bonvoy vs 3000 UR's on dining, $60 on groceries, $40 on gas.
I have the same offer on my Chase Hyatt card. I'm happy with it. I tend to transfer most of my Chase points to Hyatt anyway. It's not a big improvement on the Gold 4x at grocery stores, though.

I called today for a retention offer on my AmEx plat and was told that since I got 55k MR last year (can't recall the spend, I think $4k) that I don't qualify this year. I believe I also got a retention offer in 2021. Is it worth trying again tomorrow?

I'd like to keep this card for another year so will pay the fee, but will cancel next year unless there's a good retention offer.

Has it been 13 months since you got the last retention? That seems to be what they say when it's been less time than that.

Don't forget it's almost a new quarter, so time to check your Chase bonuses.

My SW and Hubby's Disney both got 5% up to $1,500 spend on gas, grocery, and restaurants 4/1-6/30/23.
I got the offer on 2 Disney cards, and IHG. This ending quarter I had it on my Hyatt card.

Now trying to do my 6K on my CIU. Hopefully I'll have some spend left to pick up a few disney dollars.

That’s crazy about Marriott but we don’t do luxury hotels so it doesn’t affect us, I can still book hotel rooms with free breakfast for pretty cheap. Just booked Springhills Suite for 21,000 points. What sucks is that the Marriott SUBs and card restrictions. I miss the time DH has 4 Marriott/SPG cards.
I had 5 and cut it to 4. DD still has 6.

This site is not very good with maintaining a website, Click the X on the yellow banner at the top and it will go back to normal. They didn't code that correctly. Happened to me a few days ago, once I closed that notice it's been fine.

That worked! Thanks!! :)

Has it been 13 months since you got the last retention? That seems to be what they say when it's been less time than that.
I believe it was 13 months yesterday (last retention offer Feb. 28, 2022); I think that I will try again tomorrow morning.

Have there been any reports of anyone getting retention offers 3 years in a row?

I believe it was 13 months yesterday (last retention offer Feb. 28, 2022); I think that I will try again tomorrow morning.

Have there been any reports of anyone getting retention offers 3 years in a row?

I think Feb is throwing it off. I ran into something similar when I tried to get a retention with the last one being 1/31. Made me suspect they don't use calendar months, but maybe 365+30 or 31. They quoted me back my last retention just like in your case. Tried 2 days later and got an offer. That was the 3rd year in a row with an offer. Didn't take it though as 30k/$3000 wasn't worth it to me.

This site is not very good with maintaining a website, Click the X on the yellow banner at the top and it will go back to normal. They didn't code that correctly. Happened to me a few days ago, once I closed that notice it's been fine.
OMG thank you so much! It was so annoying!

You have until April 1 to register for the Bilt/Hyatt promo.

Mine is in bold too, very weird.
How do you register? I'm not a bilt member, but I already have 6 hyatt nights booked during the period.

Omg thanks! So glad to be back to normal text. My eyes were going buggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter