I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thanks all for responding about AirTags. Sounds like positive results so went ahead and ordered the four pack from COSTCO for $90, Amazon had them for the same price but can't beat COSTCO's return policy if something goes wrong.

:rotfl2:Well that gives me an idea, My mother is coming with us to Disney on a scooter, might just have to give her one to carry so she can wonder off while DD and I go on rides and we can find her after. 🙈

They are the only thing that may make me suffer and change to an iPhone which I really don't want to do. Wish there was something better than tile that works with androids or all phones.

They are the only thing that may make me suffer and change to an iPhone which I really don't want to do. Wish there was something better than tile that works with androids or all phones.
Agreed. I love my galaxy phone and have had ZERO problems. Everyone else in the family has
Iphone and have had different issues. I do want the airtags though so may still get them. Everyone
I know that has them ....loves them. My dad puts one on his remote he always loses.:rotfl:

Soooo...I have been critical of changes on the Amex plat and the product. And well I still
am. Also after having the card 5 months I have not gotten one useful amex offer on it. The
cruise ones...hotels...delta...best buy...lowes etc have been on my green or blue.

However I'm about 600 from completing the 6k sub. So a few hours ago I decided to pay some
utility bills with it. THEY JUST POSTED THE 150K BONUS IN MY ACCOUNT!! It has barely been
3 hours and charges are still pending. My statement doesn't even close for another 3 weeks.

Thumbs up and shout out to them for being so fast. I take back everything critical (well most) lol
:goodvibes

Went for the Citi AA personal card with 75k miles for 3.5k spend in 4 months. Instant approval with a whopping $1500 credit limit. :rotfl2:
Lucky! DH was denied this weekend for too many recent inquiries and too much unused credit 🙄 and for point of reference he’s 4/24, 1/12, 1/6 for personal cards. I was surprised, but after reading some DPs on DOC see a lot of people getting denied for the same reasons.

I called SW and my last bonus posted to my RR account on 07/27/21. I don't have access to my statements anymore but I assume the statement closed a few days before. Would I be good to apply in August? If so what is the process for going for a companion pass using a business and personal SW card?

I don’t think this has been posted, but apologies if it has been….the Chase offer to get $50 back when you make 2 payments of $50+ on AT&T Fiber is back. I searched this board and found out the last time that offer was floating around, it worked on AT&T wireless payments. I tried it (one payment of $51 and one for $52), and I got the email confirmation that I had triggered the credit today. It hasn’t posted yet, but fingers crossed. I’ve got the offer on about 4 cards, so I’ll build up a nice little credit on my account!

I can confirm that the last round of offers triggered the credit when I paid my AT&T wireless. Just a note, if you normally put your wireless on your Amex Plat for the insurance, you will undoubtedly damage your phone the moment you switch up and pay your phone bill with Chase. At least that's what a friend told me... 😁

No, just 2. I guess they go that fast?

Iberia does have that nice calendar view though so it makes it easy to look for flights. I'd recently found 2 for 34k each but didn't pull the trigger.
I had a note that on May 4th, SW was going to release the schedule through the end of the year. I just checked, and now it says June 8th. UGHH. I need a flight in December... I don't know how many pts it's gonna be on Southwest... wondering if I should just book on United because I need a very specific day. It's a lot of points on United, but until Southwest releases the schedule, I don't even know if they'll have any flights that day! The route from our city to SJO typically only has 2-3 flights per week, and sometimes they stop them for a month or 6 weeks and don't fly there at all, then start again. Don't know what to do!! :(

I too was planning on booking several flights next week- so thanks for posting this. It's kind of ridiculous not to be able to book an early November flight until June 8.
I want to second what @IFlossU experienced. Costa Rica flights were released without Wanna Getaway Fares and were super high. They did eventually drop but you have to be stalking them. I too would book with United and then watch for SW.

On opening day my flight from PHX-SJO was $785 one way for 1 person!! I about died. It did eventually drop to $350, but don’t be surprised if opening day those flights are high!
I too was planning on booking several flights next week- so thanks for posting this. It's kind of ridiculous not to be able to book an early November flight until June 8.
I want to second what @IFlossU experienced. Costa Rica flights were released without Wanna Getaway Fares and were super high. They did eventually drop but you have to be stalking them. I too would book with United and then watch for SW.
Yeah, I was super bummed to see that the schedule got pushed back. To have to wait until June 8 to book a flight for less than 6 months out is a bit ridiculous, I agree.
Thanks so much to @IFlossU and @FreeDiningFanatic for your personal experience on Costa Rica flights. That might just be the info I needed to push me over the edge to just go ahead and book the United flights now. Really helpful info!

I had a note that on May 4th, SW was going to release the schedule through the end of the year. I just checked, and now it says June 8th. UGHH. I need a flight in December... I don't know how many pts it's gonna be on Southwest... wondering if I should just book on United because I need a very specific day. It's a lot of points on United, but until Southwest releases the schedule, I don't even know if they'll have any flights that day! The route from our city to SJO typically only has 2-3 flights per week, and sometimes they stop them for a month or 6 weeks and don't fly there at all, then start again. Don't know what to do!! :(
Our flights MDW-LIR and SJO to ORD or MDW were messy at best. No Wanna get away flights ever. Booked MDW-LIR first, over 50k RR points per person. Then found direct SJO-ORD on AA and booked it, only to have AA cancel all nonstops to/from Chicago so they booked us on a crappy flight with layovers. Canceled and booked on SW for more points but the flights/layover made for a super long day. Left the resort at 7 am and arrived at our house after 1 am.
The trip was great but flights were expensive and not fun.

Lucky! DH was denied this weekend for too many recent inquiries and too much unused credit 🙄 and for point of reference he’s 4/24, 1/12, 1/6 for personal cards. I was surprised, but after reading some DPs on DOC see a lot of people getting denied for the same reasons.
sorry about the denial. My stats were 3/24, 1/12, 1/6. So I feel lucky. I’m now 4/24 with one dropping off in August. I’ve never had the personal card, just the citi AA Biz before. DH needs to go for this card as well. He is 1/24, 0/12.

I called SW and my last bonus posted to my RR account on 07/27/21. I don't have access to my statements anymore but I assume the statement closed a few days before. Would I be good to apply in August? If so what is the process for going for a companion pass using a business and personal SW card?
If you don’t have plans to use the CP the end of this year, I’d recommend waiting to apply until the end of September/October and make sure not to meet the MSR until 2024to have the points all post in early 2024 so you have the CP for most of 2024 and all of 2025.
If you apply in August for one card and then a few months later for a second you’d only have it for a bit in 2023 and all of 2024

Anyone here use AirTags on their luggage? Thinking of getting a four pack for an upcoming trip, direct flights, but heck I've traveled enough to know that even that is not safe now-a-days! Figured could toss one in each of three checked bags, and one in the electronics carryon.

I do. Peace of mind
Also put one under seat in elderly mother's car
I have used one in my checked bag the last few times. I liked having that peace of mind.

I love all the tips about using them with your parents! I told my BIL that he should hide one in my nephew's car without him knowing it. The teens figured out how to get around the tracking app they use.

Anyone here use AirTags on their luggage? Thinking of getting a four pack for an upcoming trip, direct flights, but heck I've traveled enough to know that even that is not safe now-a-days! Figured could toss one in each of three checked bags, and one in the electronics carryon.
I started using Tile in January after seeing the carnage that was baggage over Christmas. It's worked very well for me on the two flights I've used it. I was able to see at my connection point that my bag was still with me which is all I really wanted.
Agreed. I love my galaxy phone and have had ZERO problems. Everyone else in the family has
Iphone and have had different issues. I do want the airtags though so may still get them. Everyone
I know that has them ....loves them. My dad puts one on his remote he always loses.:rotfl:
Samsung either has or is coming out with something similar for Galaxy that uses the same, you have to opt out if you don't want your phone to display other people's stuff and is hooked to very useful things so you won't turn it off setting that makes AirTags work so well.

I received an email offer from AmEx to earn 10,000 pts by adding an additional user on my Plat who spends $2K in the first 6 mos. The offer is good if the additional user gets a Plat ($175 for 3 additional users) or Gold. (no annual fee) The offer says both cards would come with TSA/Global Entry check. I did a little research and the website says the Gold card should "not to be confused with the American Express® Gold Card." So it appears there is a Gold "version" of Plat card available for additional users.

This offer seems like a no brainer. For $175 I could add 3 Plat users who each get the TSA credit, or get the Gold version for free. Either way, my family gets more Pre-Checks and I get 10K pts.

I received an email offer from AmEx to earn 10,000 pts by adding an additional user on my Plat who spends $2K in the first 6 mos. The offer is good if the additional user gets a Plat ($175 for 3 additional users) or Gold. (no annual fee) The offer says both cards would come with TSA/Global Entry check. I did a little research and the website says the Gold card should "not to be confused with the American Express® Gold Card." So it appears there is a Gold "version" of Plat card available for additional users.

This offer seems like a no brainer. For $175 I could add 3 Plat users who each get the TSA credit, or get the Gold version for free. Either way, my family gets more Pre-Checks and I get 10K pts.
The free Gold version comes with the $100 GE/TSA credit. I would not ever recommend spending the $175 to add an AU to your Platinum card unless you’re a very large spender, and they want lounge access. But yes, the free gold version offer of 10k MR is a decent deal if you want to spend the $2k.

The free Gold version comes with the $100 GE/TSA credit. I would not ever recommend spending the $175 to add an AU to your Platinum card unless you’re a very large spender, and they want lounge access. But yes, the free gold version offer of 10k MR is a decent deal if you want to spend the $2k.
That's kind of what I was thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter