• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Good morning friends!!!

I need some advice. I last applied for CIU on March 18, 2023. I understand with chase it’s recommended to wait 90 days for another application. I am 2/24 and would like to do a MDD for the sapphire/reserve cards. Am I risking it or should I apply before the sapphire SUB decreases. TIA
Fortune favors the bold in this game.

Going to Disney/Universal in August. Dining day - got everything we wanted except Space 220 Lounge. Even trying a few new things this time. We normally stick to the same places.

Anyway. We get in real late on Friday night and staying at the Hyatt at the MCO Airport. Going to Universal the next morning. Does anyone know if Uber Picks up at the hotel or do we need to go into the airport and get Uber there?

We were told to go to the airport and that only taxis pickup from the hotel entrance.

Good morning friends!!!

I need some advice. I last applied for CIU on March 18, 2023. I understand with chase it’s recommended to wait 90 days for another application. I am 2/24 and would like to do a MDD for the sapphire/reserve cards. Am I risking it or should I apply before the sapphire SUB decreases. TIA
Do we have any information that the subs are decreasing?

I just found out that I probably need to go to Germany for work next month. My flight choices from PHL are all not great. I have a choice of an hour layover in either ATL or CLT before departing to Europe. I am assuming CLT is better but either not great. While coming home is a 3 hour layover in Chicago enough time for customs on a Friday afternoon? I have GE if that helps.

I am trying to avoid crazy things like having to go US to Canada to Europe.

Some ways to offset the fee on the personal is by using the airline travel credit, the $200 hotel credit on FHR, Clear credit, Global Entry credit, $20/month streaming credit, the $50 twice a year Saks credit. With the business you have the $10/month wireless credit and the $200 twice a year Dell credit. Amex offers on both also help to offset the fee. If you value Centurion Lounge access, then figure in whatever value you would consider that to hold.
thank you
i'd use the Saks credit! have GE, not sure about FHR, can airline be used for taxes, bags if booked with FF. would use streaming. sounds like personal works better. I like the idea of lounge access, i haven't made use of PP as theyre not where I fly.

I just found out that I probably need to go to Germany for work next month. My flight choices from PHL are all not great. I have a choice of an hour layover in either ATL or CLT before departing to Europe. I am assuming CLT is better but either not great. While coming home is a 3 hour layover in Chicago enough time for customs on a Friday afternoon? I have GE if that helps.

can you go from EWR?

If I had to choose btw a layover at CLT (my home airport) and ATL (I fly out of here when I have no other choice), I’d definitely go with Charlotte.
We had a 2 hr layover in ORD a few weeks back, on a Saturday night, coming back from Japan, no GE. We just barely made our connection. Customs took forever. But I think 3 hours would be sufficient, especially if you have GE.

If I had to choose btw a layover at CLT (my home airport) and ATL (I fly out of here when I have no other choice), I’d definitely go with Charlotte.
We had a 2 hr layover in ORD a few weeks back, on a Saturday night, coming back from Japan, no GE. We just barely made our connection. Customs took forever. But I think 3 hours would be sufficient, especially if you have GE.

Thanks. All not great choices and I have book through their booking portal so it is hard to just go with my own flights like I want to.

Today was mostly a travel day to get from Moorea to Bora Bora. Taxi from the Hilton Moorea to catch the ferry to Tahiti, then a taxi to get to Papeete airport so we can fly to Bora Bora with a brief stop in Huahine, then another ferry to get to the Conrad Bora Bora.

When we checked in, I was delighted and utterly surprised to find we had been upgraded from our standard King Lagoon view suite to a King Beach front pool villa. I’m simply blown away. I am so looking forward to spending time in the hammock and the private plunge pool. Pics below and the full room tour video link as well.

View attachment 765796

View attachment 765798

View attachment 765799

View attachment 765800

View attachment 765801

View attachment 765802

View attachment 765803

View attachment 765804

View attachment 765805
That is goals for sure. You get the best upgrades. My best upgrade was from city view to river view in NOLA last weekend. 🤣

thank you
i'd use the Saks credit! have GE, not sure about FHR, can airline be used for taxes, bags if booked with FF. would use streaming. sounds like personal works better. I like the idea of lounge access, i haven't made use of PP as theyre not where I fly.

The airline credit is supposed to be for incidentals like baggage fees with your chosen airline. You do have to choose which airline you want for the credit each year. However, there are some work arounds to get the credit to go through with certain airlines.

That is goals for sure. You get the best upgrades. My best upgrade was from city view to river view in NOLA last weekend. 🤣

Sometimes, I get very lucky. This one and the Hyatt in Kauai last year for sure were amazing upgrades! In Moorea, I booked the standard room and that’s exactly what I got, which of course was fine. It’s peak season so I had no expectations.

Good morning friends!!!

Do we have any information that the subs are decreasing?
DoC is reporting the 90k tiered in-branch CSP offer is ending 6/10. @thevalley, I would go for the MDD before the CSP offer decreases.

1. After analysis, Air Miles cards are not a good value.
. . . they used to be a super deal
. . . airlines and card companies got wise
2. We use a card
. . . with no annual fee
. . . with 2% cash rewards on any and all purchases.
3. Do a Google to find it.
4. For Amazon, they have a 5% rewards card.

Well dang. What about if we scheduled a private driver? Or would that be basically the same as Uber?

I would think that’s more like someone you know picking you up and can use the hotel entrance. I didn’t find walking over to the Uber location too bad though. It’s just outside baggage claim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter