I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I just found out that I probably need to go to Germany for work next month. My flight choices from PHL are all not great. I have a choice of an hour layover in either ATL or CLT before departing to Europe. I am assuming CLT is better but either not great. While coming home is a 3 hour layover in Chicago enough time for customs on a Friday afternoon? I have GE if that helps.

I am trying to avoid crazy things like having to go US to Canada to Europe.
I'm thinking you're going to have to connect again in Europe using either AA or DL. Can you connect through EWR on UA either on UA metal all the way through or Lufthansa from EWR-GER?

Southwest flights to MCO in November were more expensive than I was expecting. I have extra American miles they gave us because of our recent bad delays (and they are sending me a check for my hotel, yay!) so might try them. Non-stops are relatively low risk.

Since we might try leasing a car (new EV) instead of buying, which I assume involves a credit pull, decided to go ahead and refer DH for a new CIU this morning. Got the 7-10 day message but instant approval email. $6000 CL. I already have over $6000 of spend lined up for it in July. Plus he has $5000 CL from another card I can shift over.

Test drove a Hyundai Ioniq 5 yesterday, very nice handling. Never leased before, have to have them run the numbers for us.

Southwest flights to MCO in November were more expensive than I was expecting. I have extra American miles they gave us because of our recent bad delays (and they are sending me a check for my hotel, yay!) so might try them. Non-stops are relatively low risk.
Just checked the Southwest flights we need too. The route I was looking for isn't running in December when we need it, figures, so I checked out of another airport and those were much more expensive than I was expecting also (almost same amount of miles needed as United, which I can take from my home airport, and the times are much more convenient). So I guess I'm booking United flights today, grr. Waited sooo long for Southwest to release their schedule for nothing, lol.

I feel like I did okay with the one flight I needed with SW, but it was also nice to have the points to be able to do some cheapish dummy bookings for that flight and some other flights in hopes of schedule change/reaccomodations.

It is very frustrating not to have the schedule open past early January.

I will say that SW has made it very easy to book flights with the Frequent Traveler drop-downs and stored cc.

Man the Japan flights are filling up on BA 😕 We were looking at four different dates as a departure and they all just randomly filled up. We were going to be able to book in 4 days. I’m just crossing my fingers that another one stays open for the next 8 days

Last edited:
Did I read here recently that I can product change one of my chase freedoms to a CSR even though I recently got a new CSP?
I’m booking a hotel through the portal and would save about $280 just on this one trip if I had the CSR.

I'm thinking you're going to have to connect again in Europe using either AA or DL. Can you connect through EWR on UA either on UA metal all the way through or Lufthansa from EWR-GER?

I can go direct PHL-FRA on Lutfthansa but on the way home they want an 8 hour layover in EWR which is a 2.5 hour drive from my house so that is out. I may try the 1 hour layover in CLT on AA. Last time I was in CLT was for a domestic layover so I have to look up if I would have to switch terminals.

So crazy thing just happened. Last October, I applied and got the SWA Performance Biz card so I could start my plan for earning a CP. I made sure that I got the bonus in January. Then in January, I applied for the SWA Personal Priority card, but was denied. I called recon and the reason she said it was denied was because I maxed out my Citi card to finance a car, since the APR was less than what the dealership offered. Keep in mind, all of my other 15 credit cards are paid off in full monthly. I was so bummed, as this was messing up my CP plans. Ever since I have been trying to earn CP by charging most things on my SWA card, plus shopping through RR Shopping to earn cash back, and as of now I am still 30k points short. I tried to refer people, but nobody I know travels very much.

Well today I got a wild hair and decided to take a chance apply again since I have paid down my Citi card a little, just to see what would happen and I was automatically approved with a $21k credit limit. Now I've only paid down about $3k on my Citi card since January when I applied the first time and when I called recon, I just asked her if she could just approve me with the lowest credit limit they offered or take some of my Amazon Visa credit limit and she said she just couldn't do it because of that one card at the limit. So I am really confused now of why they would give me such a high credit limit today only 5 months later. Either way, I am super excited that it was approved and I didn't have to call them to beg. I just SM'd them for expedited shipping so I can hurry up, meet the MSP, and earn my CP and hopefully be able to book a flight to WDW in Dec. Now I wish I had applied a week ago, since I just added on DVC points at VGF yesterday. I could have met the spend instantly. Oh well, I can spend $3k pretty fast either way . . .

ETA - sorry guys . . . the thought just now hit me, but too little too late . . . I should have used someone's support code to pay it forward for all the advice I have been given here.

Last edited:
Did I read here recently that I can product change one of my chase freedoms to a CSR even though I recently got a new CSP?
I’m booking a hotel through the portal and would save about $280 just on this one trip if I had the CSR.
Yes, you can product change your Chase Freedom to a CSR while simultaneously holding a CSP. This isn't a loophole- so you aren't doing anything "against the rules." Sapphire rules don't allow you to earn a BONUS on both the CSP and CSR within 48 months, but there's nothing wrong with product changing.

For others interested, the MDD is how one can achieve a bonus on both the CSP and CSR.

Earlier this week someone logged into my SW RR account and transferred out 106k RR points, the transaction said "Credit Card." Not sure what that means, but I noticed it right away (within like 30 minutes of it happening) and called SW. I got my info changed back (email address and address), and changed my account password. I also put in a case with them to investigate. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this happening, is it likely that SW will be able to get my points back, or refund them to me? I have a flight I wanted to book for Nov. that opened up this morning but of course now I don't have enough points. They left approx 6k RR's. I honestly feel slightly lucky that they didn't cancel my flights I have scheduled for this weekend (family trip to Orlando). If that had happened I'm not sure what I would have done! But of course now I'm very paranoid and check constantly to make sure the flights are still there. Anyways, just hoping for some feedback to see what my chances are of getting the points returned. Also, make sure you have secure passwords and periodically check your accounts. Thank you!

Earlier this week someone logged into my SW RR account and transferred out 106k RR points, the transaction said "Credit Card." Not sure what that means, but I noticed it right away (within like 30 minutes of it happening) and called SW. I got my info changed back (email address and address), and changed my account password. I also put in a case with them to investigate. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this happening, is it likely that SW will be able to get my points back, or refund them to me? I have a flight I wanted to book for Nov. that opened up this morning but of course now I don't have enough points. They left approx 6k RR's. I honestly feel slightly lucky that they didn't cancel my flights I have scheduled for this weekend (family trip to Orlando). If that had happened I'm not sure what I would have done! But of course now I'm very paranoid and check constantly to make sure the flights are still there. Anyways, just hoping for some feedback to see what my chances are of getting the points returned. Also, make sure you have secure passwords and periodically check your accounts. Thank you!

Back in 2019, I had someone access my account somehow and they booked a ticket for themself using my points. The weird thing though was I could see her name and everything. I called them and was able to just cancel her flight to get my points back, but this sounds like a different situation.

I hope you can get it all sorted out. I would be so bummed!

Back in 2019, I had someone access my account somehow and they booked a ticket for themself using my points. The weird thing though was I could see her name and everything. I called them and was able to just cancel her flight to get my points back, but this sounds like a different situation.

I hope you can get it all sorted out. I would be so bummed!
I am not sure anyone remembers, but I had a huge issue with AA with this happening to me. She had multiple flights booked, and had the same name is me. It took a long time and some higher ups to get it fixed, but it finally did. I would imagine SW can somehow fix this.

I am not sure anyone remembers, but I had a huge issue with AA with this happening to me. She had multiple flights booked, and had the same name is me. It took a long time and some higher ups to get it fixed, but it finally did. I would imagine SW can somehow fix this.
I remember when that happened to you…what a mess

Yes, you can product change your Chase Freedom to a CSR while simultaneously holding a CSP. This isn't a loophole- so you aren't doing anything "against the rules." Sapphire rules don't allow you to earn a BONUS on both the CSP and CSR within 48 months, but there's nothing wrong with product changing.

For others interested, the MDD is how one can achieve a bonus on both the CSP and CSR.
Thank you for the info!

thanks for the info! And just to confirm - product changing doesn’t impact my 5/24 status, right?

I can go direct PHL-FRA on Lutfthansa but on the way home they want an 8 hour layover in EWR which is a 2.5 hour drive from my house so that is out. I may try the 1 hour layover in CLT on AA. Last time I was in CLT was for a domestic layover so I have to look up if I would have to switch terminals.

Just remember you'll have to clear immigration in CLT upon landing from FRA and even with Global Entry (if you have it) that seems like a mighty short layover since boarding is usually 30 min prior to takeoff and IIRC AA is pretty keen to depart on time. I'm risk adverse and not sure I'd chance it but if they sell it, then I guess it's over the legal connection time.

I would try tweeting at SW to see if they can expedite things especially since you need to book a flight. SW Twitter team seems really on the ball and quick to help.

Where is everyone going in 2024?

With 3 aging rescue dogs (I worry about them) and 2 elderly widowed mothers (DH worries about them), DH and I have agreed to curtail our travels for the next few year, unfortunately so not a lot of exciting plans.

In Jan we're trying Celebrity for the first time and going on a quick cruise nowhere exciting (Cancun, Bahamas) and in August we'll be on the Disney Dream to Norway, if all goes well. I'll probably throw in a trip to MA to help DD move ...somewhere?? and relocate her car but the jury is out on where and when. And, of course, there's always the very real likelihood of a sanity saver trip to Miraval and/or Dublin/Edinburgh --but nothing is scheduled...yet...😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter