I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Silly question that I'm probably the only person who does not know.... I have a Disney Premium CC and took advantage of the sign-on bonus. I received an email about the new card designs. I was thinking about the new metal one. Do they cancel your other card? or do we keep the same number and everything? I currently have a design I also like and would like to switch them out sometimes.
I would call them to verify, but when I did this years ago my card info did not change.

I am considering an upgrade of my CSP to a CSR. What is involved in the process?

Are there limitations on the process (ie. Branch or Phone)?

Will it impact my 5/24?

Do they do a credit check?

Anything else to consider?

If it is relevant, the CSP was opened 7/21

Thanks in advance

I am considering an upgrade of my CSP to a CSR. What is involved in the process?

Are there limitations on the process (ie. Branch or Phone)?

Will it impact my 5/24?

Do they do a credit check?

Anything else to consider?

If it is relevant, the CSP was opened 7/21

Thanks in advance
I am considering an upgrade of my CSP to a CSR. What is involved in the process? - It's a very simple call. Takes maybe 10 minutes because they have to go over all the legal stuff.

Are there limitations on the process (ie. Branch or Phone)? - I've never done it in branch. I would just call.

Will it impact my 5/24? - No

Do they do a credit check? - No, as long as your CSP has a $10k credit limit or you can move credit from other cards.

Anything else to consider? - If you need the card now ask them to expedite before you end the call. When you PC to a different card the AF is delayed by a few months. You'll immediately be able to use the $300 travel credit and then you'll be able to use it again in a year before paying the AF a second time. So you'll get $50 out of the card without doing anything else. If you have a P2 you can rotate who PC's to the CSR and basically always keep the card and at worst you'll get $50.

If it is relevant, the CSP was opened 7/21 - You're good it only needs to be open a year in order to PC.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't believe the Cap 1 Venture X is going to be worth it to me to hold on to (I have already received the travel credit and used the TSA Precheck credit for my husband... who, BTW, still has heard NOTHING back from TSA which is beginning to worry me)....

Card was opened in August 2021. Any downsides to closing it as soon as the anniversary hits (or do I need to even keep it open that long)?

I don't believe the Cap 1 Venture X is going to be worth it to me to hold on to (I have already received the travel credit and used the TSA Precheck credit for my husband... who, BTW, still has heard NOTHING back from TSA which is beginning to worry me)....

Card was opened in August 2021. Any downsides to closing it as soon as the anniversary hits (or do I need to even keep it open that long)?
You're good to close the card now. As far as the TSA Precheck thing. How long has it been since you went for your in person interview, fingerprinting, etc.? I think for my wife and I it took 7-10 days to get our Precheck number.

I already have a chase checking account so DH went for the $900 bonus.
Only he clicked “open checking account” opened an account then went to do the savings and realized there was a button to “open both” - so he clicked that one and now has two checking accounts and a savings account showing. Ugh! I told him to send his direct deposit to the second checking account - but really I’m not sure how this is going to work or what we should do? He’s so not going to want to call. Any advice?

Some banks want proof of income which has nothing to do with your credit score. Something you input on the app or that's on your credit report has caused them to queation your income so they want proof. Not common but it does happen.
Just seems odd to me bc I put the exact same income and info on this one that I put for the card I have had for 3-4 years and didn’t have to provide any of this for that card.

You're good to close the card now. As far as the TSA Precheck thing. How long has it been since you went for your in person interview, fingerprinting, etc.? I think for my wife and I it took 7-10 days to get our Precheck number.
His appointment/fingerprinting was before Thanksgiving!

Mine was super fast but I already had a fingerprint clearance card for work so we weren't sure how long one would take for someone "new".... but it's been almost two months and he has heard nothing.

His appointment/fingerprinting was before Thanksgiving!

Mine was super fast but I already had a fingerprint clearance card for work so we weren't sure how long one would take for someone "new".... but it's been almost two months and he has heard nothing.
They say it can take up to 60 days but you're basically at that point now. You can submit a status request online.

https://tsaenrollmentbyidemia.tsa.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V

A few card questions:

I have a CSP and a CSR obtained in a MDD in Sept 2020. Can I just SM to product change the CSP or do I need to call? I believe it can be changed to the CFF but am not sure. Or cancel it altogether? I don’t need/use both and prefer the CSR. It’s my go-to card.

I did the SW biz card DD in Dec 21/Feb 22 to earn a CP that’s good through 12/23. I like the premier but don’t feel the need to keep both the performance and premier. Any negatives to canceling one? I don’t think I can product change.

And finally- I have a Amex Plat from 2/21. I’d like to product change this one as well since I can’t justify the high fee. Is Amex Gold what I should change to? Call or chat? I assume I shouldn’t just cancel this one?

Thanks for assistance and advice! I worked for all of these around the same time to earn UR and MR for travel and now that those have passed I need to figure out what is next.

A few card questions:

I have a CSP and a CSR obtained in a MDD in Sept 2020. Can I just SM to product change the CSP or do I need to call? I believe it can be changed to the CFF but am not sure. Or cancel it altogether? I don’t need/use both and prefer the CSR. It’s my go-to card.

I did the SW biz card DD in Dec 21/Feb 22 to earn a CP that’s good through 12/23. I like the premier but don’t feel the need to keep both the performance and premier. Any negatives to canceling one? I don’t think I can product change.

And finally- I have a Amex Plat from 2/21. I’d like to product change this one as well since I can’t justify the high fee. Is Amex Gold what I should change to? Call or chat? I assume I shouldn’t just cancel this one?

Thanks for assistance and advice! I worked for all of these around the same time to earn UR and MR for travel and now that those have passed I need to figure out what is next.
To PC the CSP you need to call since the rep needs to read the terms and conditions of the new card, if you want to cancel you can do that via SM.

No negatives to cancelling a SW business card…you can SM to do so…there aren’t any fee free SW business cards to PC to unfortunately.

A few card questions:

For Amex, downgrading counts as having had the card and will lock you out of the SUB if you haven't had the card before. There is no $0 AF downgrade option. You can chat to PC or close.

I am considering an upgrade of my CSP to a CSR. What is involved in the process? - It's a very simple call. Takes maybe 10 minutes because they have to go over all the legal stuff.

Are there limitations on the process (ie. Branch or Phone)? - I've never done it in branch. I would just call.

Will it impact my 5/24? - No

Do they do a credit check? - No, as long as your CSP has a $10k credit limit or you can move credit from other cards.

Anything else to consider? - If you need the card now ask them to expedite before you end the call. When you PC to a different card the AF is delayed by a few months. You'll immediately be able to use the $300 travel credit and then you'll be able to use it again in a year before paying the AF a second time. So you'll get $50 out of the card without doing anything else. If you have a P2 you can rotate who PC's to the CSR and basically always keep the card and at worst you'll get $50.

If it is relevant, the CSP was opened 7/21 - You're good it only needs to be open a year in order to PC.

Thanks in advance
Great info, Thank you.

One follow-up to the $300 travel credit and annual fee. Just want to make sure I understand the timing of both.

Do I get charged an annual fee now or at the same time my original annual fee posted (July)?

Is the $300 credit available immediately and then again after the annual fee posts?

Great info, Thank you.

One follow-up to the $300 travel credit and annual fee. Just want to make sure I understand the timing of both.

Do I get charged an annual fee now or at the same time my original annual fee posted (July)?

Is the $300 credit available immediately and then again after the annual fee posts?
The $300 travel credit will be available right after the upgrade….after you use it, the next date the second one will be available will show under your card benefits.

The annual fee is usually charged a few months after the PC.

I would like to do the Chase $900 bonus... Somewhat good timing for the savings account as my Ally bonus required I keep the money in until Jan 15, can withdraw some of it this week.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten what the requirements had been for that Ally bonus so I looked it up again. I should be good to also move from Ally to Chase as well.

1673899484970.png

I started writing out my thoughts on our Japan trip, but it got too long lol. Decided to put it as a TR on the TDR board instead. If anyone wants to follow along, it's here. 😃
Read your trip report and hotel reports. Thanks for sharing- beautiful pics, especially the one of Enoshima island through the trees. Beautiful.

I had to laugh at the four single beds at Hilton Tokyo Bay. I've never seen that before.

@platamama I just read your Andaz Costa Rica hotel review over there as well. Such good info- thanks so much for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter