I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Please remind me- how do I do this again? Which of the SWA cards has this perk? I may get to use that soon
After check in, there will be a prompt to purchase. Use the Priority card or the Business premier (each comes with 4 priority boarding). Your card will be charged and then you will receive a statement credit.

Yep, that looks just like mine. Good thing I have that account because I opened the 2 Chase accounts today and it wouldn't let me link my regular checking account to transfer money, said that account was already linked too many times? (It is linked to 6 Chase credit cards for payment I guess?) So I linked the Ally acct directly to the Chase savings acct for the transfer.

There is nowhere online for DH to change his bank account info for his automatic deposits so he will have to call the annuity company tomorrow. Yay.
DD wants me help her open one of these accounts. She received an email offer but it was for $700, not $900. Do you think she can still use the 900 link that I got from Doc's website? Also, can you please tell me what documents etc are needed to open the 2 online accounts? I want to make sure we collect everything in advance before we start the process. That concerns me that they would not let you use your normal checking account to link for the savings transfer because DD also has her account linked to a number of credit cards plus one credit union. That will really be a problem for her if they deny the link.

Some banks want proof of income which has nothing to do with your credit score. Something you input on the app or that's on your credit report has caused them to queation your income so they want proof. Not common but it does happen.
yea but from what I've read also capital one does it most.

Global Entry questions. My appointment is next week. I think all I need to take with me is my passport and ID. Do I need any other documents?

Also what is the normal processing time?

Thanks.

Global Entry questions. My appointment is next week. I think all I need to take with me is my passport and ID. Do I need any other documents?

Also what is the normal processing time?

Thanks.
Website says all you need is passport and one other id. Processing times vary and seems to depend on whether your prints are already "in the system" from some other background check or not. Many here, including me, that had previous background checks received our approval info within a few days. Others have reported weeks or longer.

DD wants me help her open one of these accounts. She received an email offer but it was for $700, not $900. Do you think she can still use the 900 link that I got from Doc's website? Also, can you please tell me what documents etc are needed to open the 2 online accounts? I want to make sure we collect everything in advance before we start the process. That concerns me that they would not let you use your normal checking account to link for the savings transfer because DD also has her account linked to a number of credit cards plus one credit union. That will really be a problem for her if they deny the link.
Since he already has a Chase account and Chase credit cards, it was really easy. No documents needed at all, just confirm the info they already had. I believe the offer was public for anyone, so no reason why she can't use it. We emailed the link to him from the offer page. I don't know what to say about the issue linking our regular checking account.

Update on the Southwest Christmas cancellation fiasco. I submitted my request for reimbursement of my additional costs Thursday night and received an email this morning notifying me that my request was approved and they were sending my payment through a third party payer. I was able to choose to have the payment transferred through Venmo and already have the money.

We booked a last minute reservation at the boardwalk this weekend from dvc rental store. It’ll be our first time staying in a 1 bedroom. I’m so excited!
Enjoy !! The boardwalk is my favorite resort, love being able to walk or take the boat to 2 parks. They have a community center by the quiet pool which may interest your son, also movies on the lawn and entertainment on the boardwalk
The rooms are definitely in need of refurbishment….which will be done this fall.

Enjoy !! The boardwalk is my favorite resort, love being able to walk or take the boat to 2 parks. They have a community center by the quiet pool which may interest your son, also movies on the lawn and entertainment on the boardwalk
The rooms are definitely in need of refurbishment….which will be done this fall.
We’re only staying one night but I’m still excited! We stayed in a studio a couple years ago but we’ve never done a 1 bedroom before. I’m hoping to get a cape may cafe breakfast the next morning at beach club but so far none have shown up. I’m sure we’ll go into Epcot the first day

Since he already has a Chase account and Chase credit cards, it was really easy. No documents needed at all, just confirm the info they already had. I believe the offer was public for anyone, so no reason why she can't use it. We emailed the link to him from the offer page. I don't know what to say about the issue linking our regular checking account.
Thanks. That sounds good. So should we log into DD's Chase credit card account first and then open the link? Or how did they access your Chase account info?

Update on the Southwest Christmas cancellation fiasco. I submitted my request for reimbursement of my additional costs Thursday night and received an email this morning notifying me that my request was approved and they were sending my payment through a third party payer. I was able to choose to have the payment transferred through Venmo and already have the money.
Thats awesome! I can't get an answer for my issue for a flight on 12/16. My son broke his leg so we got an extra seat as instructed by SW. They told us to call after the flight and it would be reimbursed. Well all the rest of the SW meltdown happened so I couldn't get thru. Now they tell me I need to go thru the link online, but that is only for the fiasco, not issues like this. So I emailed, they want reciepts for anything I need reimbursed for. I just need the seat refunded. Nothing else. Why is that so hard? I gave them the confirmation number, thats all I have.

:offtopic:Totally off topic but I know many of you have HS students or recent HS grads. No idea how time went so fast, but DS will be in high school next year, so the time is upon us to register for next years classes. The school sends home a page of his recommendations for classes, his are all honors or AP, plus Spanish 2. He may struggle a bit with honors English as he has been in core English thus far (advanced English track was decided when the kids were in 3rd grade.) The class he (and I) are unsure about is AP human geo. I have heard it is pretty hard, lots of reading and homework. My niece said it's no big deal, though she had it remotely (in 2020 due to COVID) and she takes all AP/honors classes so may be biased. DS also wants to play soccer (HS team in fall, club in winter & spring)
Is AP Human Geo a tough enough class that DS may struggle with all honors classes and a sport or is it "reasonable?" (His other option is "regular" human geo)

He has 90 days so send a DD to one account and then send one to the other. If he can’t change the DD check the Doc DPs in the comments and see what (if any) fake DDs have worked (ach from other banks). If you have one of those bank accounts you could send a “DD” to the other checking account. Annoying to keep them both open but I wouldn’t trust customer service to close the correct one.
Thanks. That sounds good. So should we log into DD's Chase credit card account first and then open the link? Or how did they access your Chase account info?
I sent an SM yesterday and heard back - they are closing the checking account opened first and the $900 offer is attached to the checking and savings he still has - phew! They even included all the steps to get the $900 - so I’m happy to have all that in writing.

@DogCat - don’t be like my DH - be sure to click the button that says “open both checking and savings”

:offtopic:Totally off topic but I know many of you have HS students or recent HS grads. No idea how time went so fast, but DS will be in high school next year, so the time is upon us to register for next years classes. The school sends home a page of his recommendations for classes, his are all honors or AP, plus Spanish 2. He may struggle a bit with honors English as he has been in core English thus far (advanced English track was decided when the kids were in 3rd grade.) The class he (and I) are unsure about is AP human geo. I have heard it is pretty hard, lots of reading and homework. My niece said it's no big deal, though she had it remotely (in 2020 due to COVID) and she takes all AP/honors classes so may be biased. DS also wants to play soccer (HS team in fall, club in winter & spring)
Is AP Human Geo a tough enough class that DS may struggle with all honors classes and a sport or is it "reasonable?" (His other option is "regular" human geo)
My DD took it. Yes, plenty of reading. However, if your son is a strong student, I would think he would enjoy that vs a “regular” class. My DD played 2 sports( one varsity) as a Freshman and took a rigorous course load. Of course, it depends on your child and your high school. Only you can answer that!
Keeping busy helps with time management IMO.

My DD took it. Yes, plenty of reading. However, if your son is a strong student, I would think he would enjoy that vs a “regular” class. My DD played 2 sports( one varsity) as a Freshman and took a rigorous course load. Of course, it depends on your child and your high school. Only you can answer that!
Keeping busy helps with time management IMO.
Well I haven’t been in HS in a million years and AP human geo wasn’t even a thing. I’d never heard of it until my niece was in HS.
DS does enjoy “regular” social studies and history but he doesn’t like reading just for fun.

DD took AP Human Geo in 9th grade, but at her school it was covered in one semester instead of an entire school year (the other semester was AP US Gov). At that compacted pace it was a heavy workload, and all her other classes were honors/AP too. She played sports in the fall & spring, and an instrument outside of school, and ended up very disciplined in terms of managing her time and got all A's. In checking for course credit in college, AP Human Geo was pretty worthless since some schools didn't even list it as a course that would get credit for anything, and at others it only counted as an elective credit for college graduation. Not to say that the course itself was worthless, because I'm sure it covered good information, but I think the main reason DD took it as AP is because of her personality. Since your DS is planning on playing soccer, I'll say that the amount of time spent in high school sports was a LOT more than I expected. There's leaving school early for the bus to get to games, and teachers are not uniformly understanding to athlete's schedules. Missing classes while expected to know what is being covered in class can be stressful. I don't know if your HS weights AP/Honors classes differently and if it does class ranking; that might also play a part in your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter