I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Funny--we actually are talking about Japan but dd and I agreed ds is not quite old enough to handle the flight at almost 18.:rotfl2:

We were doing some preliminary research on TDR and Super Nintendo World. I suggested we should go to CA since we've never been to Disneyland or Universal Hollywood but that was shot down.

And I'm still in negotiations with DS to get him down to FL in April. He really doesn't want to fly alone. I'm offering to go over to FLL to get him so he can take a Jetblue nonstop and get him an aisle seat in the first row. He's thinking about it. I'm about to hire dd to fly home from Atlanta, accompany him to Fort Myers, then fly back to Atlanta. And this is all ridiculous and funny, but he hasn't seen my parents in almost two years and my dad isn't doing well and I'm trying to explain that to him but I think he's in denial:(
My DD flew to Japan by herself when she was 14. Your son can do FLL. ;)
I understand about being in denial when a grandparent isn't doing well, particularly when you're 17. Good luck.

Gold's points are pretty bad for the $250 AF.

4x Groceries - Beaten by 6x Blue Cash Preferred ($95 AF)
4x Restaurants - Matched by 4x Altitude Go ($0 AF)
3x Flights - Matched by 3x on a whole bunch of $0 AF cards, including Wells Fargo Autograph. Beaten by 4x Altitude Connect ($95 AF)

Yes, if you actually use the Uber and GrubHub credits, the AF is negated, but that's all highly lifestyle-dependent. Loads of people don't use Uber or GrubHub ever, let alone every month.
Depends on what you're using the points for. I average 2 cents per point for my redemptions sometimes as high as 3. 4x groceries is 8% back on a card with an effective annual fee to me of $10, same with restaurants. That is the largest portion of my Gold spend, flights are booked on my CSP for the travel protections.
Completely agree that some of the credits are lifestyle dependent and I do occasionally go out of my way to get my lunch at a restaurant on GrubHub. But I would be going out to lunch anyway.

I average 2 cents per point for my redemptions sometimes as high as 3.
That's pretty impressive. No matter what I do, I can't stretch MR much further than 1cpp without seriously contorting my travel behavior in ways that I wouldn't otherwise. I was happy to get my Plat and Gold SUBs over to HawaiianMiles when there was a transfer bonus and that should get me 5 round-trips from Boston.

$10 each month with GrubHub and Uber Eats, makes two lunches a month an easy choice and covers $240.
As some who has used food delivery very sparingly, can you actually get Lunch delivered for $10?

I feel like with fees, tips, and sometimes inflated menu prices, whenever we have used these services, it's so high in total cost.

I have the Amex Plat and we use the Uber credits for Ubers. It's mostly convenience, rather than necessity, but even with that we end up spending more than the credit covers (and means we're paying 100% out of pocket for a matching return trip). When I've used for Uber Eats instead, it seems like we're paying double what it should for the food we're getting lol.

As some who has used food delivery very sparingly, can you actually get Lunch delivered for $10?

I feel like with fees, tips, and sometimes inflated menu prices, whenever we have used these services, it's so high in total cost.

I have the Amex Plat and we use the Uber credits for Ubers. It's mostly convenience, rather than necessity, but even with that we end up spending more than the credit covers (and means we're paying 100% out of pocket for a matching return trip). When I've used for Uber Eats instead, it seems like we're paying double what it should for the food we're getting lol.
Yeah, I can't justify the cost of Uber Eats, Door Dash or ANY of the food deliveries. I only did it once because of a $10 credit that off-set some of the higher cost, but the food itself still cost more. I'm not willing to go bankrupt for delivery and membership fees. LOL!

Not sure about the others, but I just use Uber Eats at places that allow me to pickup. The food is usually a little higher (I feel like it's about 5% higher for what I order), but that's the best way I've found to use my credits.

In general, I think credit cards are a very BAD choice UNLESS you are paying them in FULL EVERY month. Don't get me wrong. I have several credit cards that I like.

My favorite is my personal Chase Sapphire and for business Chase INK, and second to that is my Southwest. I don't have hotel cards anymore because I didn't get as much benefit from them and with the Sapphire card I have much more flexibility.

Not sure about the others, but I just use Uber Eats at places that allow me to pickup. The food is usually a little higher (I feel like it's about 5% higher for what I order), but that's the best way I've found to use my credits.

Shows how much I use these -- I didn't even know that was an option! Thanks!

Is the Disney Chase card worth having?
On the Chase website the Disney Premier has a $300 statement credit for $1000 spend. That's $251 clear plus a minimum of $10 in rewards points. I get it every couple of years for the statement credit and then product change it after 1 year to the no fee Disney card. My DD also has a no fee card so she sends me an email from her card. That pays $100 Disney rewards $'s. All in the family!

This past quarter there was a bonus on the regular Disney card of 10% at gas stations, grocery and something else. Since I had it on my regular Disney and DD also had it, we used the cards quite a lot and earned almost $100 Disney rewards though that bonus offer. I bought some gift cards at one of the local gas places that carries cards. Those credited for the 10%.

I can always use Disney money as I have DVC.

There are cards with much larger sign up bonuses and also that require a larger spend. It comes down mostly to what you want from signing up for credit cards. Do you want a lot of points to use for flights, hotels and cash? Or are you dabbling for some spare change (like me)? If the plan is do a lot of signing up, then put the Disney card to the side and concentrate on the big stuff as there are conditions you must maintain to be successful at that game, such as maintaining the ability to qualify for cards from the main players. Chase wants you to have less than 5 personal cards over 2 years, but so long as you are under 5/24, they will approve business cards with great bonuses. American Express only wants you to have a bonus once on each card and to only have 5 or 6 cards.

When you figure out what your objectives are, it will be much easier to know whether a Disney card is right for you.

Hi All,
I'm strongly considering getting a Disney Premier Visa. I don't have any questions/concerns about qualifying for the card but am interested in what this group feels about the value of the card and whether it's worthwhile or if I should look elsewhere.

I realize that's a different answer for each individual, so here's a little background:

I'm currently 1/24 - I use the Southwest Rapid Rewards card for my daily purchases, and it's the only CC I have, so currently, I'm only getting 1% on Disney-related purchases. (I pay in full every month, so no concerns on interest rates.)

My family of 5 takes Disney vacation 1-2x/year (always flying Southwest), and we always stay on property. We're not regulars at any of the current restaurants where the 10% off dining is offered, but would likely use that as a tiebreaker when finalizing dining reservations to save on a meal or two per trip.

Among the extra 1% Disney-based purchase rewards vs. the no annual fee version, the 10% off $50 in the Parks stores, and 10% off shopDisney, I'm confident that the rewards/savings would easily outvalue the annual fee.

Plus, there's a $300 statement credit after spending $1,000 in the first three months right now on the Disney Premier Visa, so that would essentially take $300 off what we owe for our summer trip this year.

I've read articles from places like NerdWallet who don't recommend the card because it's tied into the Disney ecosystem and find the rewards card and process cumbersome, so curious how others here on a Disney fan board feel about the card.

Is it a good use specifically for Disney-related points and savings, or is there's an alternative general CC with better rewards propositions that you prefer for paying for your Disney trips?
Not sure if this interests you or not...but did you know Chase has a Disney based checking account that you can get which provides you with the Disney Visa benefits? The debit card is Disney based and you can choose from an assortment of designs, used to have the castle on mine, but changed it up to Mickey Mouse this past year. I never found a good enough reason to get the CC, but love have the debit/visa card for the special photo opportunities and the discount off shop Disney and while at Disney World.

My DD also has a no fee card so she sends me an email from her card. That pays $100 Disney rewards $'s.
I'm guessing you mean the Disney Debit card? Can you explain the email from her card that pays $100 in Disney rewards? I'm curious.

I did go ahead and get the Chase Disney card (with Tink image) since I can use the $300 credit towards our Disney trip.

Yeah, I can't justify the cost of Uber Eats, Door Dash or ANY of the food deliveries. I only did it once because of a $10 credit that off-set some of the higher cost, but the food itself still cost more. I'm not willing to go bankrupt for delivery and membership fees. LOL!
I track all the credit card offers I use, I never track any of the food delivery benefits because they don't actually save me money or it's not something I would spend my money on.

I'm guessing you mean the Disney Debit card? Can you explain the email from her card that pays $100 in Disney rewards? I'm curious.

I did go ahead and get the Chase Disney card (with Tink image) since I can use the $300 credit towards our Disney trip.
Regular Chase Disney Credit card, not debit.

It's a 'support' email where I use my DD's link to apply. This board does not really want 'support' issues discussed or advertised.

Our private Reddit group enables members of this group to 'support' each other if you don't have a friend, family member or player two who can support for the extra $100 rewards $$'s. If you wish to join, just state in a post and someone will help you out.

Southwest just can’t seem to get its act together. They sent an email apologizing and giving me a code to redeem for 25k Rapid Rewards points. Click the link and immediately enter the virtual queue of 6 mins (PS5 2020 flashbacks anyone). It then finally lets me through to the SW site, but it never fully loads because it clearly crashes despite their efforts to avoid crashing. Had to start over and now the wait is 16 mins. This is likely a new PR nightmare for them. They need better crisis management advice! But fine with me, just keep the compensation coming!

Is the Disney Chase card worth having?
I would review the first post here as @CyndiLouWho suggested. It’s impossible to properly answer this question for you without knowing your current cards and credit card goals.

If you’re asking is it worth having it “in general” there is no good answer to that. A proper answer will depend on the person’s circumstances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter