• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

DS turns 18 this month. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. :rotfl2:
He wanted Airpod Pro Maxes so I used the $250 Kroger gift card I bought at Lowe's using my Amex ($50 off) to buy a $250 Amazon gift card. Then I used my CSR to buy another Amazon gift card. I'll use URs to cover that. Amazon says they won't be delivered until the 31st but I'm hoping they come in time for his big day:)

I also got 2400 fuel points. Maybe worth $40 or so although all of the sudden my Kroger gas has been way higher than Sam's/Costco plus my 14-gallon tank feels so tiny. But I'm not missing my minivan one bit!

My new year's resolution is to stay current reading this board, as i try to position my family to take advantage of all the best cc deals. I try to keep up here but, after I get a new card, I tend to stop reading and I often miss out. Going forward, I also plan to scan DOC for updates. Are there any other websites I should also consider keeping up with?

Just got fancy mail from Amex--200k total for Platinum Biz + Biz checking. I need to read up on this. I can do the spend pretty easily.

I also got my divorce decree in the mail today (somehow I never got a copy) so after 11 years, I am going back to my maiden name (my kids are now old enough that I'm okay having a different last name).

Good luck, flying out of MSP I think you'll have a good chance. I've had some really new planes on my last couple flights out of there.
I don't need it LOL, but I will try it. All I can do on a plane is close my eyes or look out the window. Even with the patch, planes and I aren't great friends anymore LOL.

My new year's resolution is to stay current reading this board, as i try to position my family to take advantage of all the best cc deals. I try to keep up here but, after I get a new card, I tend to stop reading and I often miss out. Going forward, I also plan to scan DOC for updates. Are there any other websites I should also consider keeping up with?
If you’re on Twitter, my favorite Twitter follows are Doctor of Credit, Frequent Miller and Miles to Memories. Easy way to get all the “headlines”.

I'm a newer person to this thread and yes, it's invaluable! There are times I get "behind" and when I see there have been 10 pages since I last read, I'll typically just read the most recent 2-3 pages. I realized I don't have to take advantage of every single opportunity that's out there and I can always use search if I am considering something specific.

On Dec 29 I made a hotel reservation through the Chase UR portal for one night - Dec 30. I used some URs and paid $53 and change with my CSP. I have not received the $50 credit yet, nor any emails about it. Does this usually take some time to post? The room was in DS's name who is an authorized user on my CSP if that makes any difference.
Did you look on your UR dashboard to see if it shows as used? I no longer have a CSP but I thought it showed there. I don't think it took that long to credit so maybe SM them.
Oh thanks for this - sending a secure message is better than calling!

Most of us here are ALL about not calling. If you ever have a question about if a call is necessary, this group will know. I love AmEx chat and Chase SM's since I do most for DH and I and with those they never know if it's DH.
Truth. I hate calling. I'm ok with messaging, texting, etc. but when my mom calls to "chat" I'm o_O

Do you have anyone on ig you recommend? I've done some searching and not been very successful. Probably doesn't help that I only use ig on my phone and most of the research is done on my tablet or laptop.
Sorry, just realized I did not reply to this! There are so many, and it depends on what you want to find out and what types of things you like to do/see. I like @flipjapanguide and @bunnytokyo, also @dive.into.japan I find funny to watch. He’s Japanese and shares a lot of Japan culture and I love his English 😂 Looks like there’s a new Harry Potter tour at Warner bros. this year that some may find interesting! The new Haneda Airport Garden mixed use space looks cool too… hot springs overlooking mt Fuji and the airport runways… I can soak while I await my flight? Sign me up LOL

It’s fine that you used your CSR. The guide to benefits specifically say that the immediate family member does not need to be traveling with the card holder. The CSR trip insurance benefits is better than the CSP.
Thank you for correcting me! I didn't have time to check but thought I remembered it saying that. Clearly, my memory failed me this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter