I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We are staying at the Conrad in London and I did not get an upgrade (no problem, I know they aren't guaranteed). The young man checking us in did not acknowledge my Diamond status or mention the extra points or breakfast option. Maybe because I asked about the lounge. But he still could have mentioned the extra points and that breakfast was in the lounge instead (if that's what they do here, I still haven't asked yet). Complete 180 from Midtown Conrad where they went above and beyond to make you feel welcome, status or not. room is nice but not large. It actually reminds me of the Park Hyatt Place Vendome, but with some minor wear and tear showing.

I am definitely not scared to go full Karen when i need to stick up for myself, but I am also good at reading the situation. There was nothing else to be done last night unless I wanted to argue with them and most likely end up waiting a whole day. They were rebooking people from the previous cancelled flight(s). I didn't mention this in the earlier post, but the gate agent's supervisor was literally standing there next to us watching all this happen. She even interacted with the older couple who complained to her.

Great minds think alike, I explained the situation on my inquiry form and asked for more compensation today since I had to take time out of my vaca to deal with requesting the compensation I should have received on site.
Ds and I stayed at the Conrad London in March. You can have breakfast in the lounge or dining room. In the dining room you can order a hot egg dish and I recommend that you do because ds said the scrambled eggs on the buffet were pretty awful (he loved the ones delivered from the kitchen). The best thing the Conrad has going for it is the location, right across the street from a tube station and walking distance to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Churchill War Rooms and more. If they didn't offer you a Monty the bulldog at check-in (they didn't for us), then ask for one. I saw them hand them out to a couple checking-in when we were leaving; I had to ask 3 times. Try to make afternoon tea at least one day -- the scones are delicious and the service is excellent! The evening canapes are rather forgetful, we never had breakfast in the lounge (I liked the dining room). We both got upgraded to an Executive Room, but as I mentioned here previously they tried to downgrade 1 room on our last night (didn't happen -- I specifically told them at check-in that we didn't want to move rooms during our stay so please assign rooms that we could stay in).

My current spread:
CFU (downgraded from CSP)
Capital 1 Venture (Spend in process)
Citi Premier ( Spend met )
Wyndham Earner + ( Spend met )(AF waived for next 12 months)
Barclays View (no AF)
I am currently 2/24
between all those cards I have pretty large credit limit, and my Utilization is about 5%, and doubt it go over 10% any time soon.
My next card I want is a CIU, but it will be tied to my s-corp(100% owner), but I'm also thinking about getting CIU against my SSN as a Sole Proprietor card for the fall. At the moment, the planned application dates for each will be spaced 72 days apart.

my question is:
is that to much personal credit for approval for CIUs?
and
is 72 days far enough apart for applications for the same card, but one tied to a SSN, and the other tied to a EIN of an s-corp that I own 100%, and/or is approval for both likely or could Chase raise any flags?

also

my partner(1/24) just got approved for United Bus, zero AF, I also want her to be able to churn for companion in December, any potential flags to watch out for with chase, if the united card is tied to her SSN, and the SW performance will also be?

Thanks guys, ya'll are the best!

My current spread:
CFU (downgraded from CSP)
Capital 1 Venture (Spend in process)
Citi Premier ( Spend met )
Wyndham Earner + ( Spend met )(AF waived for next 12 months)
Barclays View (no AF)
I am currently 2/24
between all those cards I have pretty large credit limit, and my Utilization is about 5%, and doubt it go over 10% any time soon.
My next card I want is a CIU, but it will be tied to my s-corp(100% owner), but I'm also thinking about getting CIU against my SSN as a Sole Proprietor card for the fall. At the moment, the planned application dates for each will be spaced 72 days apart.

my question is:
is that to much personal credit for approval for CIUs?
and
is 72 days far enough apart for applications for the same card, but one tied to a SSN, and the other tied to a EIN of an s-corp that I own 100%, and/or is approval for both likely or could Chase raise any flags?

also

my partner(1/24) just got approved for United Bus, zero AF, I also want her to be able to churn for companion in December, any potential flags to watch out for with chase, if the united card is tied to her SSN, and the SW performance will also be?

Thanks guys, ya'll are the best!
The EIN vs SS makes no difference with Chase the recommend spacing is 90 days between applications.
It’s the amount of credit extended to you with Chase both personal and business …under 50% of income or about $75,000 total is recommended

Chase won't have issues with approving United and multiple SW cards to a single SSN, assuming P2 is credit worthy, etc.

Decide when your partner (P2) needs the companion pass by, as in what month in 2024? I might time my applications for say mid October and then mid January and then, ideally, I'd have companion pass by March-ish. The recommended velocity with Chase is one card every 90 days. I assume P2 will be going for 2 cards, spread out about 90 days each. Read as many guides on companion pass as you can. If you apply for a card in late 2023, remember you can't complete the spend on the card until after the December statement closes, so that the points will post in 2024. There are many pitfalls, so you have to be extremely careful with timing.

Is this the correct thread to ask advice on how to best use earned miles/points for award travel? If not, can someone point the way to the appropriate thread for me?

This is by far the friendliest thread to ask for help, and everyone here who can offer advice will.
Thanks!

We're planning a Tokyo Disney trip for next May (never too early to start), and want to ticket in ANA flight in their first class service (the one with the private "room" for each passenger. We have:
  • 2,000,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
  • 200,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points
  • 400,000 United Mileage Plus miles
  • 185,000 British Airways Avios points
I know there are ways to transfer points from Chase to various airlines to take advantage of their programs and partners, but don't know where to begin. Using United miles is probably the worst thing to do (they'd probably want something like 200,000 miles just for an economy seat!), but I know Krisflyer (Singapore Airlines) points are valuable, Iberia uses the Avios program, etc.

We'd like to fly three segments:

ORD to NRT/HND
NRT/HND to HNL (for an Aulani stop)
HNL to ORD

To complicate things further, I know some airlines allow a "stopover" of several days on the same ticket, so maybe HNL could be considered a stop?

Thanks!

We're planning a Tokyo Disney trip for next May (never too early to start), and want to ticket in ANA flight in their first class service (the one with the private "room" for each passenger. We have:
I know there are ways to transfer points from Chase to various airlines to take advantage of their programs and partners, but don't know where to begin. Using United miles is probably the worst thing to do (they'd probably want something like 200,000 miles just for an economy seat!), but I know Krisflyer (Singapore Airlines) points are valuable, Iberia uses the Avios program, etc.

ORD to NRT/HND
HNL to ORD

To complicate things further, I know some airlines allow a "stopover" of several days on the same ticket, so maybe HNL could be considered a stop?

How many people are you looking to fly? The Room is a bit of an unicorn award.

Cheapest way is through Virgin, but you need to call to book and awards can be gone while you're on hold. Some example pricing from an old Thrifty Traveler alert e-mail for SFO-Tokyo. Virgin is 55k one-way, Aeroplan 110k, United 121k. Lifemiles is an option too, but I hear it can be a pain to deal with them for issues. Direct with ANA is 158k roundtrip (required) and you can only transfer from Amex.

It's not too early at all! I think ANA releases at 355 days, so you're just in time. Good luck!

Cheapest way is through Virgin, but you need to call to book and awards can be gone while you're on hold. Some example pricing from an old Thrifty Traveler alert e-mail for SFO-Tokyo. Virgin is 55k one-way, Aeroplan 110k, United 121k. Lifemiles is an option too, but I hear it can be a pain to deal with them for issues. Direct with ANA is 158k roundtrip (required) and you can only transfer from Amex.

It's not too early at all! I think ANA releases at 355 days, so you're just in time. Good luck!
ANA is a scramble, takes 3 days to transfer MR and you must book roundtrip.

Has anyone purchased Travel Insurance (int'l trip) and used the rental car add-on that way? We'll be in Ireland in a few weeks, and we just can't decide if we're going to rely on the CSP coverage or buy the full coverage. If we do that, it'll add 400-500 more to the rental (we're renting for 2 weeks), but when I added it to the trip insurance quote it went up $153, so that's cheaper. Wondering if between CSP and the extra travel insurance I'll be good. The details say:

"If you purchased this optional coverage and you rent a car while on your Trip and the car is damaged while in your possession due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not in your control, or the car is stolen while in your possession and not recovered, we will pay, up to the amount in the Schedule, the lesser of:

a) the cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired; or
b) the Actual Cash Value of the car.

Coverage is provided to you and your Traveling Companion, provided you and your Traveling Companion are a licensed driver, and are listed on the rental agreement. This coverage is primary to other forms of insurance or indemnity.

Coverage is not provided for loss to or loss due to:

1. any obligation of you or a Traveling Companion or a Family Member traveling with you assumed under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible).
2. rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, motor bikes, motorcycles, off-road, all-terrain, or recreational vehicles.
3. vehicles that are older than 20 years.
4. vehicles that have not been manufactured in the past 10 years.
5. vehicles that are rented for commercial or livery purposes, including but not limited to limousines.
6. vehicles that have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of more than $75,000.
7. any loss that occurs if you or a Traveling Companion act with the intent to commit a crime or act in violation of the rental agreement.
8. failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company.
9. damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered loss.

Your Duties in the Event of a Loss:
You must:
1. take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
2. report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
3. obtain all information on any other party involved in an accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number;
4. provide us with all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate."

Has anyone purchased Travel Insurance (int'l trip) and used the rental car add-on that way? We'll be in Ireland in a few weeks, and we just can't decide if we're going to rely on the CSP coverage or buy the full coverage. If we do that, it'll add 400-500 more to the rental (we're renting for 2 weeks), but when I added it to the trip insurance quote it went up $153, so that's cheaper. Wondering if between CSP and the extra travel insurance I'll be good. The details say:

"If you purchased this optional coverage and you rent a car while on your Trip and the car is damaged while in your possession due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not in your control, or the car is stolen while in your possession and not recovered, we will pay, up to the amount in the Schedule, the lesser of:

a) the cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired; or
b) the Actual Cash Value of the car.

Coverage is provided to you and your Traveling Companion, provided you and your Traveling Companion are a licensed driver, and are listed on the rental agreement. This coverage is primary to other forms of insurance or indemnity.

Coverage is not provided for loss to or loss due to:

1. any obligation of you or a Traveling Companion or a Family Member traveling with you assumed under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible).
2. rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, motor bikes, motorcycles, off-road, all-terrain, or recreational vehicles.
3. vehicles that are older than 20 years.
4. vehicles that have not been manufactured in the past 10 years.
5. vehicles that are rented for commercial or livery purposes, including but not limited to limousines.
6. vehicles that have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of more than $75,000.
7. any loss that occurs if you or a Traveling Companion act with the intent to commit a crime or act in violation of the rental agreement.
8. failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company.
9. damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered loss.

Your Duties in the Event of a Loss:
You must:
1. take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
2. report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
3. obtain all information on any other party involved in an accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number;
4. provide us with all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate."
#9 is the one that bothers me. Who covers the liability? This says that they are not.

The Chase Sapphire is in lieu of the CDW offered by rental car coverage. Neither provides liability insurance. Not sure what additional the travel insurance policy covers either? Might the regular automobile insurance cover liability? I haven't checked ours, we also have an umbrella policy on our coverage at home. We rented in England and used our CSR to decline the rental company insurance.

Found a website that says liability is covered with more rentals in Europe -

The good news is that liability insurance is typically included with the price of your car rental in Europe. (Liability is the part of your insurance that can cover injuries you may cause to other people while driving, or damage to other people’s property.)

https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/travel/rental-cars/overseas-rental-car-insurance.htm

Thanks!

ORD to NRT/HND
HNL to ORD

ANA open jaw will do the trick.
you may need to do an SFO--HND as most "The Room" flights are on that route. i think ORD--HND route isnt very common. so probably ORD--SFO--HND--HNL--ORD. looks like you may need to look at UA inventory as well for ORD--SFO and HNL--ORD routes.

ANA open jaw will do the trick.
you may need to do an SFO--HND as most "The Room" flights are on that route. i think ORD--HND route isnt very common. so probably ORD--SFO--HND--HNL--ORD. looks like you may need to look at UA inventory as well for ORD--SFO and HNL--ORD routes.
There are ORD-Tokyo non-stops, on the big planes with the “room,” so this is my first choice.

Two of us. Thanks for the info!

We have been approved for the AMEX platinum card with a bonus 100,000 pts. Does anyone think it is wise to keep our gold for $250 or cancel the gold and just have the platinum card.

Thanks!

ORD to NRT/HND
HNL to ORD

ANA classifies it's biz class product on their 787-9 as "the room" and it looks very nice. Is that what you're looking to book? Or do you want first class on their 777-300 known as "the suite"? I did a random check from ORD-->HND for next April and saw first class availability in "the suite", but only 1 seat showing. I am flying in "the suite" from ORD-->HND-->BKK (last leg biz class in "the room") in January!

CSP 80k offer on the Chase website is now tagged "ending soon," but no date listed.

I got an Ink on March 5, 72 days ago. 90 days will be 3 June. Do you think the offer will disappear before then? Should I try now? Does it matter since it was an Ink, not a personal? (P2 got a CSP recently, so he can generate a support link for me and get an extra 15k, I think...)
I am in a similar situation. DH travel credit on the CSR will reset 6/1. Was planning to downgrade and then apply for the CSP since he is over the 48 months. I have sent the referral link just in case, but will have to wait and see if it is still there in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter