I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Darlings, allow me to vent for a moment, if you please...

My stepchild just moved the WHOLE wedding (not the date, just the venue) from one state to another... I am eating a non-refundable hotel ($700 in points) and $50 car cancellation fee... H is like "it's not like it was *REAL* money... dude, that's half a ticket to somewhere WAAAAAayyyy better than Missouri (which is where we are now going. Ugh.)

At least the flights didn't cost anything to change, in fact we now have a credit balance we can use towards the eclipse next year... but ARRRGGgghhhh!!!!!

I booked non-refundable because I figured she might cancel or reschedule the wedding and we would just have ourselves a nice little weekend getaway. Never occurred to me she would change the entire venue at the last minute!!!!

**SO** mad

I know, I know... lesson learned, blah blah... but I also know you feel my pain :(

I can't believe I don't have anything locked down or booked for 2024 yet. Tentative plans are:
Mar - Key West and Everglades
June - UP Michigan
Aug/Sept - Yosemite

I'll have a bunch of FNCs (4 IHGs and 3 Marriotts). Any recommendations in the Keys for either brand that hopefully are at a price point I can use these?

I'm planning to use 1-2 near the airport when I fly in/out for Yosemite. But I want to stay in the park so no FNCs for that. I think there might be an opportunity to use in Michigan, just haven't researched yet.

Also in the Keys, is February better than March.? I am not tied to a Spring Break week so I can pick my dates.

Thanks.

Darlings, allow me to vent for a moment, if you please... My stepchild just moved the WHOLE wedding (not the date, just the venue) from one state to another... I am eating a non-refundable hotel ($700 in points) and $50 car cancellation fee... H is like "it's not like it was *REAL* money... dude, that's half a ticket to somewhere WAAAAAayyyy better than Missouri (which is where we are now going. Ugh.) At least the flights didn't cost anything to change, in fact we now have a credit balance we can use towards the eclipse next year... but ARRRGGgghhhh!!!!! I booked non-refundable because I figured she might cancel or reschedule the wedding and we would just have ourselves a nice little weekend getaway. Never occurred to me she would change the entire venue at the last minute!!!! **SO** mad I know, I know... lesson learned, blah blah... but I also know you feel my pain :(
Oh gosh... that's awful. This is why I can't bring myself to book non-refundable hotels even when they are much less expensive. I don't know if would do any good, but have you tried telling your story to the hotel manager directly and asking them if they would refund you? I have sucessfully gotten refunds when I had to cancel after the cancel date had passed.

H is like "it's not like it was *REAL* money... dude, that's half a ticket to somewhere WAAAAAayyyy better than Missouri (which is where we are now going. Ugh.)
This hit me hard 🤬 going to use this a learning lesson for my own teenagers. They are well aware of my hobby, but after reading this I think I will start to make sure they realize that points/miles have a cash value. You have my sympathies. This is incredibly frustrating.

DH was approved for the new 70k AA point/$99 AF/ single purchase MSR on the Aadvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. I'd like to apply but it would put me at 4/24 for 9 months, which I don't love. So many cards I want, lol.

Screenshot-2023-06-01-at-3.40.48-PM-1024x958.png
Where did you see the 70,000 point SUB offer? I am only seeing 60,000 on Barclays website. We are flying on AA next week so if I cannot find the offer before maybe we will get an application on the flight like @georgina . Thank you.

Darlings, allow me to vent for a moment, if you please...

My stepchild just moved the WHOLE wedding (not the date, just the venue) from one state to another... I am eating a non-refundable hotel ($700 in points) and $50 car cancellation fee... H is like "it's not like it was *REAL* money... dude, that's half a ticket to somewhere WAAAAAayyyy better than Missouri (which is where we are now going. Ugh.)

At least the flights didn't cost anything to change, in fact we now have a credit balance we can use towards the eclipse next year... but ARRRGGgghhhh!!!!!

I booked non-refundable because I figured she might cancel or reschedule the wedding and we would just have ourselves a nice little weekend getaway. Never occurred to me she would change the entire venue at the last minute!!!!

**SO** mad

I know, I know... lesson learned, blah blah... but I also know you feel my pain :(
Sorry for this frustrating turn of events. I hope you can get some of those points back. May I ask which part of Missouri? It's hard to compare it to some exotic locations, but I have a soft spot for Missouri and think it's actually a beautiful place. I hope it works out for you to enjoy.

did you just email the airport so you have it at customs? I keep forgetting to do this. It sounds like my allergy medicine might be banned but I rather ask I guess I'm going to sneeze the entire trip. Wouldnt this be the best coarse?
This list has a bunch of chemical names makes me want to reach out to my buddy whos a scientist or maybe a doctor friend.
i wouldnt necessary say you would. Walk into a japanese pharmacy, you might actually find a japanese version of it that you might actually like a lot better than the US version.

my family has a lot of japanese medication we use over US versions... ie the equivalent of stomachache, bug spray, etc.

edit: assuming we are talking about Japan though... haha

Made up my mind! want to go for amex personal platinum. Via my amex portal and the reddit site I am only seeing 80k SUB. I think I'll wait until it increases again

but, how do I apply or follow a link incognito? I use a regular PC

thanks for all the advice

I'll have a bunch of FNCs (4 IHGs and 3 Marriotts). Any recommendations in the Keys for either brand that hopefully are at a price point I can use these?
We used a few of ours at the Holiday Inn Express in Marathon back in 2020. It fit our needs for the area of the keys we wanted to be in. But it looks like they may have closed or changed brands, because I don't see them listed anymore on IHG.

I can't believe I don't have anything locked down or booked for 2024 yet. Tentative plans are:
June - UP Michigan
Aug/Sept - Yosemite

I'm planning to use 1-2 near the airport when I fly in/out for Yosemite. But I want to stay in the park so no FNCs for that. I think there might be an opportunity to use in Michigan, just haven't researched yet.

Also in the Keys, is February better than March.? I am not tied to a Spring Break week so I can pick my dates.

Thanks.
IHG has like 3 Kimptons in the Keys, I understand in pretty good locations.

June - UP Michigan
Aug/Sept - Yosemite

Thanks.
We did Key West last spring break. I'd suggest Feb over Mar if you're not tied to spring break to avoid the crowds (and probably better FNC availability). We stayed at Casa Marina (Hilton) in Key West and Courtyard (Marriott) in Key Largo. Both are in great locations.

Made up my mind! want to go for amex personal platinum. Via my amex portal and the reddit site I am only seeing 80k SUB. I think I'll wait until it increases again

If you use Google Chrome, in the upper right hand corner you can hit the three elipses (...) and there should be a drop down that says New Incognito Window. If using your phone, say safari, switch to private browsing. I'd try several different links.

You can check DoC for best offers as well. You might also try the cardmatch tool and see if that gives you a better offer.

Question for the ANA experts out there…
I know that you are allowed to modify the dates of a (required roundtrip) ANA award ticket as long as the route remains the same. Are you also able to change the class of service (from premium economy to business, etc.) as well? Thanks!

Please use the Reddit Amex board. They have referral links pinned to the top that offer the best incentives that have been sent out. The link takes you directly to the application.

Please use the Reddit Amex board. They have referral links pinned to the top that offer the best incentives that have been sent out. The link takes you directly to the application.
is that different than dischurners? was going to use referral link bu nothing

If you use Google Chrome, in the upper right hand corner you can hit the three elipses (...) and there should be a drop down that says New Incognito Window. If using your phone, say safari, switch to private browsing. I'd try several different links.

You can check DoC for best offers as well. You might also try the cardmatch tool and see if that gives you a better offer.
i have edge and firefox on my computer. I'll play with them, thanks

Company I do IC work for booked me on American for a trip to KC in a few weeks. Day job has booked me on American for a couple flights this year. So I applied for the Citi AA card to get the free bags and 50 points with no AF the first year. I'll give it a shot and see if it's worth keeping after the first year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter