• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have regrets about PCing my CSP to a Freedom after 1 year. DH still has his and I thought that would be good enough. But there are times it makes sense for me to make the reservations because I have status and I don't have enough points and have no transfer ability.

Can I PC my Freedom back to a CSP and if I do, will that restart the 4 year eligibility for a SUB?

I have a DP where I PC'd the same card twice in one year, but some other DPs on reddit have reported they were told only one per year. I would go ahead and try.

The 48 month Sapphire rule is 48 months since earning the SUB, so PCing won't affect eligibility.

I got my letter from C1. Reasons: time since most recent account opening is too short; too many inquiries last 12 months; length of time accounts have been established; proportion of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accts is too high. I was also surprised by the fact that the credit score listed (that they pulled) is 18 points lower than what my acct says when I log into that same credit bureau. Any ideas on what the deal is with that?

Has anyone gotten a retention offer for Amex Gold lately? My fee just hit and it snuck up on me. Don’t really feel like paying $250, but am already in Amex pop up zone. Amex will hate me even more if I can the gold. On the other hand, besides the Uber credits Im not really getting much benefit from Amex lately.

Does anyone know if I can use the priority lounge in Chicago ohare? I’m flying out of terminal 3 and the lounge is in terminal 5(international). Wasn’t sure if I have to go through security and if they’ll let me in terminal 5. My initial short layover is now 4 hours due to delays. >:(

Does anyone know if I can use the priority lounge in Chicago ohare? I’m flying out of terminal 3 and the lounge is in terminal 5(international). Wasn’t sure if I have to go through security and if they’ll let me in terminal 5. My initial short layover is now 4 hours due to delays. >:(
T5 is a train ride to get to. And then security. Don't know if they will let you through security. I haven't looked recently since they changed the location of the SW gates at T5 but very frequently there has been a sign that says the lounge is at capacity, no priority pass allowed. I wouldn't bother.

Well, I just got in my new Citi AA Platinum Select card last week, and I'm a little over half the spend already with one charge - an emergency vet visit/hospitalization 😭 Thankfully my dog is going to be okay, but it has been a very rough and stressful 48 hours. Definitely wasn't expecting a $2K bill to put on this card. I was thinking I'd draw this spend out for 2 months, and then at month 3 get a CIU. Now I'm gonna be done with MSR probably by the end of this month, lol. How long should I wait to apply for a CIU/CIC? I'm 4/24, dropping to 3/24 in August. I just got this new card, and my last card before this was Nov 22. Is recommended spacing still 3 months, even though it's not a Chase card?

Last edited:
Well, I just got in my new Citi AA Platinum Select card last week, and I'm a little over half the spend already with one charge - an emergency vet visit/hospitalization 😭 Thankfully my dog is going to be okay, but it has been a very rough and stressful 48 hours. Definitely wasn't expecting a $2K bill to put on this card. I was thinking I'd draw this spend out for 2 months, and then at month 3 get a CIU. Now I'm gonna be done with MSR probably by the end of this month, lol. How long should I wait to apply for a CIU/CIC? I'm 4/24, dropping to 3/24 in August. I just got this new card, and my last card before this was Nov 22. Is recommended spacing still 3 months, even though it's not a Chase card?
The chase 3 month recommend spacing is just between chase card applications…and it sounds like you are past 3 months so you’d be fine to apply

The chase 3 month recommend spacing is just between chase card applications…and it sounds like you are past 3 months so you’d be fine to apply
Perfect, thank you! I kind of thought that's what it was, but couldn't remember for sure. My last Chase app was the 11/2022 CIC. So I'm ready for another biz card... with the 75K bonus and 40K support, the CIC/CIU is still one of the best subs out there in my opinion, at least for how I use points and the value I get out of it. Probably go for CIU this time. I like to alternate... keep Chase guessing, lol :)

We're still planning on Japan for Nov 2024. I keep checking biz seats availability on BA out of all the options to see how consistently there's good availability out of the various airports.
Anyway, I haven't looked much at flying ANA. I know it has to be round-trip but my understanding was also that availability can be tighter and it's harder to accomplish because the point transfers can take a couple of days. Anybody flown with ANA to Japan? Am I overlooking what could be a good option?
I do like that with JAL there's a possibility of flying back from Osaka, though.

We're still planning on Japan for Nov 2024. I keep checking biz seats availability on BA out of all the options to see how consistently there's good availability out of the various airports.
Anyway, I haven't looked much at flying ANA. I know it has to be round-trip but my understanding was also that availability can be tighter and it's harder to accomplish because the point transfers can take a couple of days. Anybody flown with ANA to Japan? Am I overlooking what could be a good option?
I do like that with JAL there's a possibility of flying back from Osaka, though.
We flew with ANA in 2019, booked through virgin. It’s gotten much harder it seems like to get reward seats with them now especially for us because we need 3 seats

Sorry about your doggo and I hope for a speedy recovery! Back in May 2020 I opened a Plat and exceeded the MSR on my dog's MRI + back surgery that happened the next day, so I've been in a similar situation. You should be fine going for a CIC/CIU.

I'm thinking about having DH go for a SW CP. He isn't eligible for the Business Card bonus until after July. Can you remind me, is it 24 months from opening the card or 24 months from when the bonus hit?

He’ll be 4 😆 I think we’ll start trying to read him the illustrated version and see if he’ll listen. He’s too young for the movies. We do have the Lego Harry Potter game so maybe even having him watch us play that will help him at least recognize characters and places. Generally if we’re excited about something he is too
Okay, I did know your guy was a little one. I just didn't pay attention to whose posted, lol. Honestly, I wouldn't bother taking him unless you or DH really wants to do it. Then I think there is enough to keep him busy while you guys enjoy.

I need to buy tickets to Universal HHN and upgrade my UC Disney tix to park hoppers. UC codes as travel, right? Anybody know what Park Prodigy codes as? I would like to find a discount site that still codes as live entertainment for the Flex bonus.

Okay, I did know your guy was a little one. I just didn't pay attention to whose posted, lol. Honestly, I wouldn't bother taking him unless you or DH really wants to do it. Then I think there is enough to keep him busy while you guys enjoy.
I really want to go to it. I love HP. Dh probably doesn’t care either way so maybe I’ll go alone. I don’t know when they’ll release more tickets though. Right now it’s just through the end of this year

I really want to go to it. I love HP. Dh probably doesn’t care either way so maybe I’ll go alone. I don’t know when they’ll release more tickets though. Right now it’s just through the end of this year
You would probably enjoy it more if you went alone because you could take your time. I'm a huge fan too and we spent about 3 hours there taking it all in.

I need some new passport advice… DH and I submitted our first passport applications and they were received 3/30/23. We were quoted 10-13 weeks processing time. We are now at 12 weeks and it still says In Process on the status page. I didn’t do expedited because our cruise is at the end of July and I thought it would be plenty of time. We leave in less than 5 weeks for our cruise and I am starting to get nervous. I looked it up and our passports are at the New Orleans office. Not sure if that’s good or bad. Is there anything I can or should do now to ensure they both arrive on time? I don’t want to be panicked at the last minute if I can do anything now. Obviously, they have our original birth certificates also. I did make copies of both of them before I sent them off though just in case we needed them for any kind of reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter