• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I supported DS two weeks ago when my support was elevated to $50. His bonus showed up before his purchase was even shipped. When I checked my account, the $50 was there also. A few days later I got an email from CapOne saying I'd earned it. I'm not telling DS that my support is now elevated to $150. I guess we should have waited, but he's happy with $50.
Do you know if the purchase has to be made from a web browser or can it be through the Cap One shopping app? Both DH and DD are going to use my support link, but I’m not sure if they have to make a purchase through the website via the Cap One portal, or if they can make the purchase through the Cap One shopping portal.

Quick trip from our weekend trip to Disney. We spent 2 nights at the Waldorf Astoria using 2 FNC (me & DH from 2 SUBs). We arrived at 4PM on Saturday and our room wasn’t ready. So we headed to the pool restaurant for some appetizers to use the $50 F&B credit ($62 with tip). Lots of families waiting for rooms. Not happy with the room delays since we missed the 5:35 shuttle to Disney Springs, we had to take an Lyft ($10). Room finally ready at 6PM, we had just gotten our bags from bell check to change in the public restrooms when I got the alert that our room was ready. Disney Springs was so busy (Saturday night), we did a little shopping, dinner and did a little more shopping. We missed the 9:20 shuttle back to WA so another Lyft, next shuttle wasn’t until 11PM.
The next morning we checked out and back in before walked over to Signia to use the pool, had lunch and some drinks ($105 w/tip).

We took the 3:05 shuttle for the Christmas party. Arrived at MK via ferry boat at 3:40 and I think we were in by 4:15. The park wasn’t busy at all, we were having a good time when a big storm moved in around 5PM. We had a great time at the party, I think it was pouring rain until 7:30. We got lots of cookies, rode all the rides we wanted (no characters pics), saw the first parade and the fireworks, even rode Tron for the first time. It was a successful trip. DH ended up not going to the party, he came down with a fever and just couldn’t get out of bed when we got back from the pool (he was feeling sick since the morning). At 9:20PM, I went to Guest Services and they gave us a Disney GC for the value of the party ticket.
After the party we walked to the Contemporary to catch a Lyft back the our hotel.
Thanks @IFlossU for all the tips, specially about checking our bill before leaving, they didn’t apply the F&B credit to our second night, so I’m glad we got that fixed before leaving this morning. With the F&B credit and DH $50 Surpass quarterly credit, we only spent $20.
That stinks that you had to wait for your room. I’m guessing they were close to capacity. I also forgot about the need to check out, and back in. A small nuisance, but would be nice to not have to stop at the desk. Unfortunate that your DH got sick, but happy to hear they refunded you. I don’t even think I would have thought to ask. That’s good to know. I hope overall you had a good time.

Do you know if the purchase has to be made from a web browser or can it be through the Cap One shopping app? Both DH and DD are going to use my support link, but I’m not sure if they have to make a purchase through the website via the Cap One portal, or if they can make the purchase through the Cap One shopping portal.
I would like to know this also. I just tried various referral links and only $40 bonus pops up. Does anyone have a $200 they can send me. I looked on DisChurner and it says $200 but only coming up at $40??

Edit. Looks like the $200 offer is dead. Ughh!!

Last edited:
That's a big savings! How does that work with Costco? I have an existing Costco reservation.
You get asked what memberships, credit cards and loyalty accounts you have. If you check the box for Costco, Costco rates are included in the checking. If you click through the notification to Priceline, the Costco discount code is already there. You're not actually booking through Costco, but through Priceline using the Costco discount code.

Quick update on my whirlwind trip to see Christmas markets. I wanted to visit the Strasbourg market from Paris, but the return train ticket was $375.00, so I skipped it and stayed in Paris! I spent 4 nights in Paris before taking a 4 hour train trip to Frankfurt (super easy). I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I love trains in Europe — it’s my fav way to travel between places here.

I’m staying at the Westin Grand in Frankfurt and am very happy here. I applied 4 SNAs to my reservation, but they were returned to me the day I was arriving (so all 5 will go to waste this year). I arrived at the hotel around 1:30 — check-in was quick and easy and my room was ready. I was upgraded to a 2 queen executive room, which is huge, way more space than I need. I had asked in advance for a quiet room and I have a super quiet room (which is good because at breakfast my first morning I heard some ladies talking about hearing sirens during the night!). Location is fantastic, breakfast is good (buffet with plenty of hot and cold options and an omelette station) and staff is very nice. Public transport here is amazing - fast & efficient and very easy to use.

I’ve been to the Christmas markets in Heidelberg, Rudesheim, Wiesbaden and of course in Frankfurt. All are different and I don’t have a favorite (though I found some really nice things in Weisbaden). I’m heading to Cologne tomorrow, then home on Wednesday morning. Anyone thinking of doing a Rhine River cruise, it would be so easy to fly to Frankfurt, base yourself here and take day trips to the various cities (Heidelberg, Rudesheim and Cologne are all around an hour by train). The Hessen ticket is good for up to 5 adults and costs 38 euros, an amazing deal — it will take you to the aforementioned cities as well as Mainz, which is slightly outside of Hessen, but there is a reciprocal agreement.

A few pics:

My favorite Paris Christmas market, which has a killer view

IMG_4804.jpeg

All the high-end designer stores had gorgeous store fronts!
IMG_4866.jpeg
IMHO probably the prettiest market I have visited thus far, Römer, in Frankfurt
IMG_5347.jpeg

One of the smaller markets in Heidelberg, the view is the star attraction!
IMG_5217.jpeg

A few more:

The old street in Rudesheim
IMG_5282.jpeg
Also Rudesheim (they love their Santa statues there — they have beautiful ones all over town!)
IMG_5267.jpeg

Wiesbaden Market (one of the entrances)
IMG_5311.jpeg

Back in Frankfurt!
IMG_5324.jpeg

The massive Christmas tree in Römer (it was packed on a Monday night; the crowds in the pouring rain on Saturday were almost unbearable)
IMG_5352.jpeg

My first charge on my current Ink was 11/22, and I am 3/4 of the way done with the spend??? wth? How does that keep happening. Guess I will be on the lookout for my next card very soon. Insanity.
I hear ya. I opened up another INK on 11/22. I have like $200 left to meet the spend. Have no idea how this happens so fast... ( $2500 was new blinds for the entire house and then I had an $1100 work charge, so that helped).

Applied for Amex Gold for DH. (Amex hasn't liked him much lately). To my surprise - instant approval. $6000 spend in 6 months. 75,000 MR's plus 20% back in dining up to $250. Wanted the SW Cards again - but have to wait until next year until I am able to get them again. So, I will just keep hoarding points any way I can!!

*WDW*Groupie* - The Christmas markets in Europe are on my bucket list! I love your pictures!!

Successful day here -
1. I was approved for the Amex Plat Bus 170,000 offer. I'll be able to knock out that 15,000 spend with my daughter's spring tuition. Got to love out of state tuition.
2. I was able to get seats for my kids on our flight to Palm Springs after Christmas. The flight was sold out but luckily two seats opened up and I was able to add them as our companions.
3. I found my DH's 30% off SW code from when he opened his SW card. I thought it got lost in email but found it on his RR account. I think I'm going to use it to rebook our Spring Break flights to Hawaii, they were $$ because it is Easter week.

I need to do an Ink app for DH, he needs a MSR. It should be easy to hit as our car insurance renews early in the year and the Amex spend won't cover all DD's tuition.

So frustrated! I sent my cousin the referral link for the 75,000pt offer on Southwest. When she went to use it this evening, it bumped back down to 50,000, even though the website is still saying 75,000. I called into Chase and got the rudest representative I’ve ever dealt with, he was defensive before I even explained my situation. Says it was after business hours and there was nothing he could do. My cousin went on ahead and used the regular 75,000 offer bc she was really wanting the points. Will I have any luck emailing after the fact or do you have any suggestions?!

Quick update on my whirlwind trip to see Christmas markets. I wanted to visit the Strasbourg market from Paris, but the return train ticket was $375.00, so I skipped it and stayed in Paris! I spent 4 nights in Paris before taking a 4 hour train trip to Frankfurt (super easy). I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I love trains in Europe — it’s my fav way to travel between places here.

I’m staying at the Westin Grand in Frankfurt and am very happy here. I applied 4 SNAs to my reservation, but they were returned to me the day I was arriving (so all 5 will go to waste this year). I arrived at the hotel around 1:30 — check-in was quick and easy and my room was ready. I was upgraded to a 2 queen executive room, which is huge, way more space than I need. I had asked in advance for a quiet room and I have a super quiet room (which is good because at breakfast my first morning I heard some ladies talking about hearing sirens during the night!). Location is fantastic, breakfast is good (buffet with plenty of hot and cold options and an omelette station) and staff is very nice. Public transport here is amazing - fast & efficient and very easy to use.

I’ve been to the Christmas markets in Heidelberg, Rudesheim, Wiesbaden and of course in Frankfurt. All are different and I don’t have a favorite (though I found some really nice things in Weisbaden). I’m heading to Cologne tomorrow, then home on Wednesday morning. Anyone thinking of doing a Rhine River cruise, it would be so easy to fly to Frankfurt, base yourself here and take day trips to the various cities (Heidelberg, Rudesheim and Cologne are all around an hour by train). The Hessen ticket is good for up to 5 adults and costs 38 euros, an amazing deal — it will take you to the aforementioned cities as well as Mainz, which is slightly outside of Hessen, but there is a reciprocal agreement.

A few pics:

View attachment 817110

View attachment 817111
View attachment 817112

View attachment 817113
whats the name of the one in paris?

So frustrated! I sent my cousin the referral link for the 75,000pt offer on Southwest. When she went to use it this evening, it bumped back down to 50,000, even though the website is still saying 75,000. I called into Chase and got the rudest representative I’ve ever dealt with, he was defensive before I even explained my situation. Says it was after business hours and there was nothing he could do. My cousin went on ahead and used the regular 75,000 offer bc she was really wanting the points. Will I have any luck emailing after the fact or do you have any suggestions?!

Since she didn't use your support link, I don't think they can give you the support bonus.

For future reference, Chase will sometimes match sign-up offers. In 2 player mode, sometimes it can make sense to take a lower offer with a support and then try for a match. Depends if the lower offer plus support (which is taxable) is close to the higher offer and if other people are getting matched.

A few pics:

View attachment 817110

View attachment 817111
View attachment 817112

View attachment 817113

European Christmas markets are also on my bucket list. Sounds like an amazing trip! Your TR has me wondering if I should stick to the idea of a river cruise or simply land and train down the line or both.

Anyone else stuck in Chase review for the SW elevated offer? Referred P2 on 12/1/23, got neither accepted nor denied and haven’t heard anything yet. I know 7-10 biz days is possible, but seems longer than normal. Thoughts/experiences recently?

Anyone else stuck in Chase review for the SW elevated offer? Referred P2 on 12/1/23, got neither accepted nor denied and haven’t heard anything yet. I know 7-10 biz days is possible, but seems longer than normal. Thoughts/experiences recently?
I had a 7-10 day message on my United app a few weeks ago. It took 3 weeks to finally have the notice appear in my letters online with a request to call in to make sure I was the one who submitted the app. Called in Saturday, was told I would have a response in 1-2 weeks.
In the meantime, I applied for the Aviator biz and have been spending on that. lol

Since she didn't use your support link, I don't think they can give you the support bonus.

For future reference, Chase will sometimes match sign-up offers. In 2 player mode, sometimes it can make sense to take a lower offer with a support and then try for a match. Depends if the lower offer plus support (which is taxable) is close to the higher offer and if other people are getting matched.

Was going to say the same. When I referred DH for his SW card, the offer changed shortly after. We called and they said they'd honor the new amount. This elevated offer wasn't even available via any link when we applied for his card and they still honored the larger amout once he met the MS.

I'm loving all the Christmas Market talk. For those of you that don't follow Kara and Nate, they are currently on a 9 day, 9 Countries, 9 Christmas Market trip. Here is the first video of the first 3 days.
Makes me want to plan a crazy trip like this.

I watch (most of) their videos too. I haven't watched this one yet, but am so looking forward to it. IIRC, they were planning a luxury train trip in India but it was canceled, so they scrambled/pivoted and decided to do this instead. I think some/most of the plans are being made during the trip! I know the had some issues with a train strike in Germany.

I also follow an Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/travelingterry4/) that happens to be in Germany now for xmas markets. She does a reel each day to explain what/where she went. I found her account a few months ago during a Switzerland/Italy trip. I believe she's a former teacher who does some sort of online education now and does a fair amount of travel content too. I followed her when she was sub 10k followers and now she's over 50k.

Yes, this is what I would have done if it was DH. But the only reason she was signing up was bc of the 75,000 so after the man was so rude, I was afraid to risk it. I was just blown away by the reps attitude. I wanted to call him the "Christmas Grinch" but decided that probably wouldn't go over well or help my case! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter