I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

So you are able to have both Amex and Chase Bonvoy/Marriott cards? I guess because one of them is old enough?
I don't think it is exactly age, It is an Amex Business card and a Chase personal. I have had the Amex for 3 years, and last year closed my Chase Boundless and then reapplied a few months later. The chart says 90 days/ 24 months,

which is listed as -
  • 90 days: You cannot have opened this credit card in the last 90 days (but you can have the card if it was opened more than 90 days ago).
  • 24 months: You cannot have received a welcome bonus or upgrade bonus on this card in the last 24 months (but you can have the card).

Ok. So leaving next week and interested in all these status matches...

1. Is there a Hard Rock in Vegas? I know one is coming but still a way from opening?
2. So, I status match at Resorts World and what do I get there? Then use that status to match to Fountaine Bleu (not familiar with that one - is that in Vegas too?)
3. Any other ones you can think of. I think last time I tried to match to MGM and they said "no go" on just the Caesears Diamond status, so wouldn't match.

Remember I matched in AC, so I had Ceasar's Diamond, I managed to get MGM Gold, I had Hard Rock Rock Royalty (I think), and Ocean Prime. I was also a Diamond w/ Hilton.

MGM is doing a match right now, so here is what I would do....

Take your Ceasar's Diamond and match at Wynn first - Diamond will get you Platinum. Wynn match gets you $100 for your bday month.
MGM - will match Wynn Plat to gold for 90 days. (Free parking and no resort fees).
Mirage - I believe MGM gold got me Icon, but you could see what Ceasar Diamond gets you or Wynn Plat too!
Resorts World - I just showed them all my cards. Right now there isn't anything online for matching. But I know they are matching. They have a list they reference. Maybe my hilton matched here too, IDK.
Fountaine Bleu - Take your Wynn Plat, or Hard Rock Icon, or Resorts World (if Monarch) and match there to get $150 food/bev credit. Go eat at Mother Wolf. I'm not a foodie and it was GOOOOOOOD! There's $150 spa credit too.

If you go down to Freemont you can get the one of the top tiers at the D/Circa, etc.

You'll have $100 at Ceasar's (we always do the buffett as my BF wants the all you can eat crab legs). $100 at Mirage/Hard Rock (we did the italian there), $150 at Fountaine Bleu and if it's your bday $100 at Wynn, LOL.

Okay I'm off on some of these amounts, but here's the updated merry go round post. https://milestalk.com/las-vegas-status-match-merry-go-round-april-may-2024-edition/

Remember I matched in AC, so I had Ceasar's Diamond, I managed to get MGM Gold, I had Hard Rock Rock Royalty (I think), and Ocean Prime. I was also a Diamond w/ Hilton.

MGM is doing a match right now, so here is what I would do....

Take your Ceasar's Diamond and match at Wynn first - Diamond will get you Platinum. Wynn match gets you $100 for your bday month.
MGM - will match Wynn Plat to gold for 90 days. (Free parking and no resort fees).
Mirage - I believe MGM gold got me Icon, but you could see what Ceasar Diamond gets you or Wynn Plat too!
Resorts World - I just showed them all my cards. Right now there isn't anything online for matching. But I know they are matching. They have a list they reference. Maybe my hilton matched here too, IDK.
Fountaine Bleu - Take your Wynn Plat, or Hard Rock Icon, or Resorts World (if Monarch) and match there to get $150 food/bev credit. Go eat at Mother Wolf. I'm not a foodie and it was GOOOOOOOD! There's $150 spa credit too.

If you go down to Freemont you can get the one of the top tiers at the D/Circa, etc.

You'll have $100 at Ceasar's (we always do the buffett as my BF wants the all you can eat crab legs). $100 at Mirage/Hard Rock (we did the italian there), $150 at Fountaine Bleu and if it's your bday $100 at Wynn, LOL.

Okay I'm off on some of these amounts, but here's the updated merry go round post. https://milestalk.com/las-vegas-status-match-merry-go-round-april-may-2024-edition/
Awesome!! Thank You. Making notes on all of these!

Thanks @*WDW*Groupie* !! I also think that's where I claim the VAT, and I hope that between the two of us thinking that - we are both right!! I won't have time in Rome to do any shopping so I'll have to do all of my luxury (and non luxury) purchases in France. And since they're all Schengen countries that we're visiting I think Rome is the correct place to claim the VAT when I exit Schengen for home to the US.

I am "planning" to buy a LV or two for my 50th, on my 50th, in Paris and perhaps a Polene bag as well while I'm in Paris. I hadn't heard of Goyard, but I've looked them up online and I like those too! Thanks for the introduction to them! I l ove this group!!
I love Goyard! Tends to be less expensive then LV (the St. Louis is comparable to the Never Full) and because there are so few stores, they are rarer. If you want one, Paris is the place to get one, since you get the VAT back! I used to always get LV, but now I've branched out to YSL and Goyard. Not like I ever go anywhere to carry them lol.

I called the Chase status line today and was told my new app was declined. I then called the recon line to get a reason and was told it was with the fraud dept. Spoke with the fraud dept and they verified my identity and said the card is not denied, but pending approval and that I will hear from them in the next 1-2 weeks. Guess we shall see if I will soon have a new MSR.

@FreeDiningFanatic Just a note that your screenshot has last 4 of your cc.
Yikes, thank you.
jealous no cap too? All I get is a loan that Ill never take.
There is a 2500 bonus mile cap and ends 5/31. It's taken me three times to read this correctly. Initially I skimmed over the "online" part and then I thought it was a $2500 cap, which is very different from 2500 bonus miles.
Did you see FM report today of the new offer for a 75K CitiBiz AA card? That's 10K more than normal, but the MSR is $5000/5mo. instead of the $3500/4 mo. on the personal card. First year AF waived. 48 mo. SUB rule for CitiBiz card.
Oooh, thank you!
I got the business SUB in december and the MSR was $6K in 6 months, so this one is slightly better offer. I try to meet the MSR fast on those cards that have the 48 month rule.

I'm going to have DH apply, hopefully he'll be approved since he just got the personal card.
Literally just got DH the personal two days ago. Can you report back with your dp on space between personal and biz approval? Fingers crossed.

ETA: some dps at DoC regarding auto-declined if any inquiries in the past 5 days, so at a minimum it seems best to wait that amount.

Last edited:
Just returned from a Wonder of the Seas cruise to the western Caribbean, and had a fantastic time. Loved it, and up to now I've been pretty meh on cruises, this is our third one ever. Last year we did an Alaska cruise on Brilliance of the Seas where I ended up catching covid and somehow - without asking for anything so I don't know why - RC issued me a FCC that expired in a year. So I decided to book (what was then) the largest ship on the ocean in a ocean view balcony GTY room. The ship makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE. Our GTY room ended up being mid-ship on the same deck as Central Park which is a lovely area. Food was good, entertainment was awesome, we did a couple shore excursions, and had a spa treatment on the first day which really started off the vacation right. We did an All-Access Tour on the last day and got to see behind the scenes areas (it is a big boat!) and got to go to the bridge and even met the captain.

SW RRs + CP for the two roundtrip flights to MCO (worth $966), used a Hyatt FNC (worth ~$500 with free Globalist breakfast) for HR MCO since we flew in the day before the cruise. [Side story: we got probably one of the last flights out of DEN that day because there was a huge windstorm coming in (resulting in our electric company shutting off the power to some 55,000-100,000 people for what turned into 48 hours without electricity for many) that delayed or canceled hundreds of flights in/out DEN for that weekend. I really had no idea what to expect with our fridge & freezer when returning but I think for the most part we are in pretty good shape except for throwing out some food. DH saw several comments on NextDoor about people's electronics frying when when power came back on so I was a bit nervous about that.] Coming home, I used upgraded boarding since we drew B59 & B60 (right at the 24 hr mark) for the flight home and I was not wanting to be after family boarding in MCO. Upgraded boarding cost $70(!) per ticket but should be reimbursed by the SW Biz Performance card. Went to The Club lounge (but the wrong one; we ended up having to go through security again to catch our flight, and the one we went to is supposedly the worse of the two Club lounges at MCO) using Priority Pass, and we got some salad, soda, and lattes.

Last edited:
Can I move 6.000 random Avios anywhere? Not currently looking to book anything (shocking, I know!) but I hate having a small random bit of points just sitting out there.

Is there a guideline for how long to wait after a credit line has been reduced and/or a card has been closed for those changes to take effect to apply for a new card with Chase? I’m anxious to apply but want to make sure changes I made to help increase my chance for approval are actually in effect. Thanks!

I tried for a CIU at the beginning of the month, got the 7-10 day message, and ended up a couple days later with a letter saying I'd been denied due to
  • too many active accounts or too much available credit
  • new business card recently opened
  • business too new
My stats are currently 11 open accounts from combined personal and biz cards. I closed 1 personal and 1 biz back in Feb (I had 13 accounts at the time, I've been testing to see the limits w chase) and closed the CLs associated with those cards, hoping that my new ~10K lower combined CL (<50% household income, <$70K total CL) with would allow room for another card. I opened a CIC in Oct '23 and I'm 1/24. I put Jan '24 as the start of my biz and I think that's what doomed my app. I probably ought to do some more pruning of my accounts anyway, but will shuffle CLs around first.

Is there a guideline for how long to wait after a credit line has been reduced and/or a card has been closed for those changes to take effect to apply for a new card with Chase? I’m anxious to apply but want to make sure changes I made to help increase my chance for approval are actually in effect. Thanks!
I think a reduced CL shows up nearly instantly but I'd still give it a few days (3?4?) for Chase's automated systems to reflect it accurately. A closed card needs to be closed 30 days before applying again otherwise you risk the same card being re-opened rather than being treated as a new card SUB.

DH had an offer for a second Biz Plat of 200K MR when he logs into his account. We are bracing for some big vet bills next week :-( so we took it and added me as employee to get an extra 5K MR. Then I started wondering if I should have tried pulling up a similar offer with a referral link, we might end up with more points in total. Oh well, we thought 200K was still pretty good. Though it's yet another Dell credit to figure out, lol

DH had an offer for a second Biz Plat of 200K MR when he logs into his account. We are bracing for some big vet bills next week :-( so we took it and added me as employee to get an extra 5K MR. Then I started wondering if I should have tried pulling up a similar offer with a referral link, we might end up with more points in total. Oh well, we thought 200K was still pretty good. Though it's yet another Dell credit to figure out, lol

Congrats! As far as I know, that offer's not available via support, so you didn't miss out on anything.

DH flies American a lot, so he decided to apply for the Citi card for 60,000 bonus miles from an email, waived AF for a year. As soon as he was approved and logged out of his account, there was an offer sitting there for the same card for 75,000. I'm a bit ticked off at DH. Possible to get Citi to match to that offer? I hate their customer service.

Accepted a measley retention offer on Amex Plat, but I had some spend and wanted to get something for it.

15k/$3k/3 mos

Also had an offer for 10k for adding an additional cardmember and spending $2k. So I'll stack those two together for 25k, which is worth $375, making my net annual fee $320, which I can definitely recoup without too much hassle.

For our summer Portugal trip I had been planning to fly from the Azores to JFK in economy, overnight at JFK and then fly home. I never got around to booking each element and some got canceled by the airlines, which got me looking a few weeks back. I stumbled on (7) biz fares from AMS-ORD for 55k pts + $332 each. I did have to buy our 8th ticket at 140k pts, but I have an alert and am hoping that drops down, but right now it's at 340k, so yikes! I'm grateful I just bought it at the price it was.

Chase was also running a 25% Flying Blue transfer bonus and one child gets 25% off his points fare. So even with the premium price for the eighth ticket, still puts it at 52k URs pp, which is not shabby at all for peak summer travel in biz class and all 8 of us in one cabin!!! Plus, more delft houses!

Um, just need to get from the Azores in Portugal to AMS. :rotfl2: I'm sure I won't procrastinate.

DH wants to open a business card. He has a small analytics consulting business on the side, with not many expenses other than internet and cell phone service, and the occasional lunch/dinner meeting. No work-related travel (yet), but we often use Hyatt hotels when we travel.

He's currently at 2/24, with a very recently opened AMEX that he needs to meet MSR for.

What's the best option for his first business card?

He'd also like to PC his Chase Slate for a FF. Will that affect his count? Can that be done over chat or does he need to call?

Thanks!!
My recommendation for a first business card is always a Blue Business Plus from AMEX. Not a great SUB at $500 for $8k spend but a keeper card that can always use to hold MR with no AF and 2xMR on everything.

We’re looking at going to Arizona next March for about a week. We would fly into Phoenix. Is there enough to do in the Phoenix area for a week with a 4 year old? Should we make the drive up to Sedona?

I asked about this last year but we ended up not doing the trip and also decided to make it an entire week instead of just a weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter