I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very bad idea. If you do not own the company/are an authorized officer (President/VP/Treasurer) of the company you can’t take a credit card out on it. You would need to use the company EIN. If you are an authorized officer you better be legitly authorized, like your name shows on corporate records filed with the state authorized and your President is 100% ok with you taking out a credit card in the company’s name.

Honestly- just think of a “business”, use your SSN, use your name as the company name & leave the company you work for completely out of it aside from those reimbursements :)

I am listed as an officer, only because I am the titling agent with the state department of revenue. I would, of course, ask my boss before doing this, but if I don’t need to, then I guess that’s easier/better.

Thank you!

Ahh makes sense :) sorry, haha. Have you looked to see if it makes more sense to pay the cash rate for your hotel with URs at 1.25 vs. transferring points to IHG? You may have already compared those options but if the cost is < $600 paying with URs may cost < 40k points.

Thanks again. I checked the Chase UR portal and found a few hotels I could probably do that would be less than 40K. As soon as vaca time is approved I can firm up hotel plans and check all my options again.

Well, maybe I've just been always doing it the difficult way... but they did make it really easy to see if your price went down, instead of having to look up your price/point cost in your emails: https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-just-made-it-really-easy-to-see-if-your-flight-cost-changed/

Have you been able to get EBCI changed for free when you rebook for lower cost? I just assumed you couldn't for some reason, since EBCI says it's non refundable.
Never had an issue to get it changed when rebooking the flight. Automatically showed up on the new flight. I think it is only non refundable if you cancel the trip totally.

Oh yes, I am slogging my way through Amex MSR. I just cannot wait to see a Visa again that needs my spend. I'm 4.8k through the 7k on the spg biz and about $200 through the 3k on the spg personal. So about 5k more...
I know what you mean. I have an AMEX on the way and I’m dreading all the bills I can’t pay with it. The CIP MSR was EZ Peazy, lol.

Wow it’s been busy week. Still at dw but had some time yesterday and today to finish catching up

For the poster about DVC I don’t regret it at all. Can’t remember size of your family but the poly studios fit 5 and have 2 bathrooms. We like BLT, BWV, BCV since you can walk to 1-2 parks. All others need a bus/boat/monorail to get to the parks. We purchased without ever staying in a Dvc but I knew we would come at least every other year.

Wow it’s been busy week. Still at dw but had some time yesterday and today to finish catching up

For the poster about DVC I don’t regret it at all. Can’t remember size of your family but the poly studios fit 5 and have 2 bathrooms. We like BLT, BWV, BCV since you can walk to 1-2 parks. All others need a bus/boat/monorail to get to the parks. We purchased without ever staying in a Dvc but I knew we would come at least every other year.

Poly studios have two bathsrioms? I thought they had a split bathroom? That’s would be awesome!

Last edited:
Thoughts on a match?

I remember there was a “public” 100k CIP offer last year for Small Business Week, too; but like @Albort said, you still had to go in branch to apply through a BRM. I think some people had luck early on getting matched via SM, but as usual the reps caught on and most of the latter requests were denied. That’s pretty much still the case now. I don’t think the 100k in-branch offer ever went away even though it’s had several expiration dates attached, but you still have to apply via BRM. I don't know if this year's Small Business Week will be any different. If you still have to apply through a BRM to get the 100k offer, then it's no different and I wouldn't hope for a match. If the 100k offer is public and available online, then there might be a shot at a match if you applied within the past 90 days.

Quick follow up to say that (unsurprisingly), Chase declined to add the 3x bonus offer to the CFU we recently PC'd to. Said the only way to get it was going to be to cancel and reapply. Not worth the 5/24 for us at this point.

I need to figure out what we're going for next. I'm still in a holding pattern waiting to do the CSP/CSR later this year, and we just finished the MSR on his CSP. Feels weird to be without an MSR/card goal right now. DH is under 5/24 (I think he's 3/24, but I'd have to double check). We can't do business cards. I have SPG personal already and it was going to be his next card, but we didn't get it done ahead of the Starriott changes because he hesitated on burning the slot, and now he's not interested at all. We had considered AmEx BCP for the category bonus (groceries in particular) but are just spending on our CFU to get the URs for now. Maybe we still do that one and just set aside the cash for vacation.

Quick follow up to say that (unsurprisingly), Chase declined to add the 3x bonus offer to the CFU we recently PC'd to. Said the only way to get it was going to be to cancel and reapply. Not worth the 5/24 for us at this point.

I need to figure out what we're going for next. I'm still in a holding pattern waiting to do the CSP/CSR later this year, and we just finished the MSR on his CSP. Feels weird to be without an MSR/card goal right now. DH is under 5/24 (I think he's 3/24, but I'd have to double check). We can't do business cards. I have SPG personal already and it was going to be his next card, but we didn't get it done ahead of the Starriott changes because he hesitated on burning the slot, and now he's not interested at all. We had considered AmEx BCP for the category bonus (groceries in particular) but are just spending on our CFU to get the URs for now. Maybe we still do that one and just set aside the cash for vacation.
Do you have a Freedom card? Or do you have an extra CFU, CSP or CSR that you could PC to one? That 5% quarterly bonus on groceries is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter