I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily I know you all won’t judge me...but Hamilton, the Willard, and Ethiopian food aren’t on the list LOL!

Staying at my Aunts an hour south of the city...visiting Kings Dominion today, spending 6-8 hours in DC site seeing (mind you with a 4 and 8 yr old), and hanging out at my Cousins pool Saturday. Just a nice relaxing weekend before school starts next week.
Here's a tip from someone who went to DC with 4 and 8 year olds earlier this year... if you visit the Air & Space Museum, put blinders on the 4-year-old so they don't see the gift shops that are set up EVERYWHERE throughout the museum. My 4-year-old walked out of an exhibit ahead of us, right into a gift shop. This led to an epic meltdown when we refused to buy her a $50 remote-control rocket. It was so bad, and went on for so long, that I actually picked her butt up and started carrying her out of the museum to go back to the hotel. A little sit down & talk in a quiet place (near the line for the IMAX theater on the 1st floor, fyi) allowed her to reset and calm down so we didn't end up having to leave, but it was dicey there for a while.

They also liked riding the bus that goes around the Mall and up past the Lincoln Memorial. We only got off at the Lincoln Memorial, but you can hop on & off at all the monuments and as long as you get back on within 2 hours you don't have the pay again. So if you keep an eye on your time at stops you can ride around all day for $1.

I haven't but I have friends who did ziplining there and thought it was fun. Being there for work didn't leave a lot of free time to sightsee. DH and I did work in a trip to the Bacardi plant but found that the rum was actually cheaper at the airport than it was to purchase it on the tour :)
I didn't even think of ziplining there. My 5-year-old is probably too small though. I mostly just want to hike a bit and see the waterfalls. The 5yo also keeps saying she wants to visit "the jungle" - I figure this is as close as she's going to get for quite a while, so this will be her jungle. And I think I'll save the Bacardi plant for an adults-only trip. ;)

:offtopic: So my phone is very much on its death bed. I need to upgrade. Anyone have the iPhone 6/7/8Plus? Is it way too big for comfort? I love the size of my iphone 5 and honestly wish they would make a new one the size of the old 4. My wife makes fun of me cause I won't just part ways with it. She has the iPhone X for personal use and her work gave her an iPhone 8. I think I need a button so the X is out. Maybe I just want to go big this time...so many decisions. If I trade in today I can get $100 back for trade in from my current phone and I have $15 credit from some bill points thing I have.

Im cheap when it comes to things for me. So I am shipping to my parents house in New Hampshire to save the $50 or more in sales tax and I'll drive the 1.5hrs to pick it up. I'll make it a sleepover with the girls as my wife is heading to Kansas City tonight for 2 days.

Sorry...that was long and not cc related..thanks for listening. I guess its good I pay my bill with a CC and not debit...so now it relates!

:offtopic: So my phone is very much on its death bed. I need to upgrade. Anyone have the iPhone 6/7/8Plus? Is it way too big for comfort? I love the size of my iphone 5 and honestly wish they would make a new one the size of the old 4. My wife makes fun of me cause I won't just part ways with it. She has the iPhone X for personal use and her work gave her an iPhone 8. I think I need a button so the X is out. Maybe I just want to go big this time...so many decisions. If I trade in today I can get $100 back for trade in from my current phone and I have $15 credit from some bill points thing I have.

Im cheap when it comes to things for me. So I am shipping to my parents house in New Hampshire and I'll drive the 1.5hrs to pick it up. I'll make it a sleepover with the girls as my wife is heading to Kansas City tonight for 2 days.

Sorry...that was long and not cc related..thanks for listening. I guess its good I pay my bill with a CC and not debit...so now it relates!
About a month or so ago I switched from a 5s to an 8 and that was plenty big for me. It doesn’t seem as big now that I’ve had it for awhile but when I first compared them I was like “whoa”! I was able to get a good deal from t mobile with my husbands family. We are on their family plan and I think it was buy one get one free.

Im cheap when it comes to things for me. So I am shipping to my parents house in New Hampshire to save the $50 or more in sales tax and I'll drive the 1.5hrs to pick it up. I'll make it a sleepover with the girls as my wife is heading to Kansas City tonight for 2 days.

I have the 7plus and I love the size. My dd's SE feels like a toy phone to me now. It is bigger though, I have a ring on the back so I can hook it on my finger which makes it easier to manage. I carry it in a purse though, if I had to carry it in a pocket I don't think I would like it. My husband has the regular 7 which is in between the old size and the plus.

I have the 7plus and I love the size. My dd's SE feels like a toy phone to me now. It is bigger though, I have a ring on the back so I can hook it on my finger which makes it easier to manage. I carry it in a purse though, if I had to carry it in a pocket I don't think I would like it. My husband has the regular 7 which is in between the old size and the plus.
@MrPTato - DH got the 7 also - it was way cheaper than the 8 and he likes the size. We have a few ipad minis, so he grabs one of those if he needs a bigger screen, and the 7 is easy to fit in his pocket.

About a month or so ago I switched from a 5s to an 8 and that was plenty big for me. It doesn’t seem as big now that I’ve had it for awhile but when I first compared them I was like “whoa”! I was able to get a good deal from t mobile with my husbands family. We are on their family plan and I think it was buy one get one free.

Thanks for the input!

I think I am leaning toward the regular 8. I put it in my pocket usually as I don't like clips or holsters on my belt. The plus may be just too big for my pocket comfort.

@MrPTato - DH got the 7 also - it was way cheaper than the 8 and he likes the size. We have a few ipad minis, so he grabs one of those if he needs a bigger screen, and the 7 is easy to fit in his pocket.

I was entertaining the option for the 7...but the the 8 comes in RED!! I think the 7 did too or maybe the 6, but it had the white front...I like black face.

Thanks for the input!

I think I am leaning toward the regular 8. I put it in my pocket usually as I don't like clips or holsters on my belt. The plus may be just too big for my pocket comfort.
I put mine in my pocket to if I even have them lol. They don’t make a lot of women’s shorts with pockets and if they do they usually are sewn shut or too small to hold anything

I put mine in my pocket to if I even have them lol. They don’t make a lot of women’s shorts with pockets and if they do they usually are sewn shut or too small to hold anything
I end up with both phones, last trip 3 with her work phone, when we go to Disney. She has no pockets either. I get weighed down and need to tighten the belt an extra knot. I usually wear Cargos in the park for that reason.

I have now tried that darn offer twice! I bought a $50 GC and a spiral notebook for a $.25. Both time I could not get that darn offer to kick. I have both DH and my AmEx linked and no dice either time. Thank goodness I was getting the 10% off else I would be really pissed. I’ve decided RMN is a joke. As much as I would to save $10, I have better things to do with my time.
I've pretty much given up on RMN...since the only one that worked was walgreens, but since that was x3 I wont complain (much) and carry on....

Ha, I was ignoring swagbucks, retailmenot, etc since not everyone does them. I'm running around town buying gift cards :)
after this past month of deals I have a whole new category/page in my finances book to hold all the gc's I need to use now..... it's almost ridiculous and if I wasn't running out of $ to fund more I would keep on going! (sigh, more deals than my budget can handle this summer,I know, 1st world problems!)

For the new Sam's Club members here, they're doing a give away of sorts. You play some type of game and get coupons and free pizza and a chicken. Sounds like some stuff is only good for the day you play and others are coupons that expire later. Details from DoC: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sams...ers-free-sundae-pizza-chicken-drink-and-more/
question for anyone who signed up for the latest sams/groupon deal.... WHERE do I find my free food coupons? I can't see anything in the lame app... what am I missing?

w
Thanks for the info! LOL on the mechanical bull. I can see my 9-year-old attempting that if it’s still there.

We’ll have 4 full days, so I’m planning one beach/pool day, one day for Old San Juan, one day to go to the rainforest, and then one day for whatever we want (probably more beach/pool if it’s up to my kids).

Did you ever visit the El Yunque rainforest? I think I’d prefer to book some sort of guided excursion with transportation from San Juan to the forest. Need to do some reasearch on that.
when we visited PR five years ago,we stayed at a VRBO apt on Luquillo beach- it was a lovely high rise view....one side of the apt was the ocean (oh it was lovely) the other side view was El Yunque up the mountain in clouds. We also spent some time in San Juan at a small hotel... We rented and drove our own car with no issues,and while we saw some tours in El Yunque we didn't bother, it was really easy to drive up, see the visitor centers and just walk the trails.(be sure to go to the swimming waterfalls!) we kept stopping in the rainforest b/c the road was covered in jasmine blossoms....it smelled heavenly! We also did a lot of walking in San Juan, the two forts are way cool,and we just wandered the city for about 3 days and ate fantastic food! tripadvisor really is your friend here.... My ds wanted to revisit each fort b/c of all the lizards eveyrwhere....we really prefer wandering and exploring on our own if possible,and it's cheaper! (kioskos in Luquilla beach were so fun) We also took a tour boat out to Culebra for a snorkeling day.....I highly recommend that!!!

Reactions: Ava
Here's a tip from someone who went to DC with 4 and 8 year olds earlier this year... if you visit the Air & Space Museum, put blinders on the 4-year-old so they don't see the gift shops that are set up EVERYWHERE throughout the museum. My 4-year-old walked out of an exhibit ahead of us, right into a gift shop. This led to an epic meltdown when we refused to buy her a $50 remote-control rocket. It was so bad, and went on for so long, that I actually picked her butt up and started carrying her out of the museum to go back to the hotel. A little sit down & talk in a quiet place (near the line for the IMAX theater on the 1st floor, fyi) allowed her to reset and calm down so we didn't end up having to leave, but it was dicey there for a while.

They also liked riding the bus that goes around the Mall and up past the Lincoln Memorial. We only got off at the Lincoln Memorial, but you can hop on & off at all the monuments and as long as you get back on within 2 hours you don't have the pay again. So if you keep an eye on your time at stops you can ride around all day for $1.

I didn't even think of ziplining there. My 5-year-old is probably too small though. I mostly just want to hike a bit and see the waterfalls. The 5yo also keeps saying she wants to visit "the jungle" - I figure this is as close as she's going to get for quite a while, so this will be her jungle. And I think I'll save the Bacardi plant for an adults-only trip. ;)
Oh...BTW I forgot that Bacardi tour was FUN! My young teen DS loved it too...and Mom and Dad loved the free drinks at the end..... you can go with kids! Kids get free non alcohol drinks..... PR was a great 25th anniversary spot!

Reactions: Ava

If you like the smaller size, have you checked out the SE? That's what I got a couple of years ago since I didn't want the larger size and I'm still happy with it.

I end up with both phones, last trip 3 with her work phone, when we go to Disney. She has no pockets either. I get weighed down and need to tighten the belt an extra knot. I usually wear Cargos in the park for that reason.
My Dh does that too!

If you like the smaller size, have you checked out the SE? That's what I got a couple of years ago since I didn't want the larger size and I'm still happy with it.

I love my SE too :D My dh has a 7 and it just seems ginormous to me. The SE has a better processor and camera than the 6 but the same size as the 5S. It's a great option for those wanting smaller size!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter