• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will my credit report show if I am at 5/24? What credit report company can I use for free to find out?

I noticed that last month when trying to by my son's PH, it wouldn't let me only by a child's ticket. I wonder if you could call and purchase it over the phone. If that doesn't work, maybe try GetAwayToday?

They are a travel booking site (hotels, cruises, etc) so I would think they would code as travel but I have not used them personally. If you are buying adult and child tickets then lmtclub.com is they way to go. They have better prices and definitely code as travel.

I think I’m going to just buy an Adult ticket for my DD to use. It’s $10 more, but still fully covered by what’s left of my wife’s CSR travel credit. Some quick searching tells me that anyone can use an adult ticket so we’ll try that. Thanks for the ideas @Angrose !

What kind of discount is lmtclub on Disneyland tickets? Now I'm intrigued for when we need our DL tickets in a few months but I didn't realize there was a membership fee.

@wendow @Angrose Have you seen the Walmart grocery delivery fee? When AMEX had that Walmart grocery offer I put in an online order, and had it delivered because I had to work until 7pm (FIL was home to put it away for the time I chose). It was $5 or $7 and I was like, I could build a couple delivery fees into my monthly grocery budget... :rolleyes1

@amalone1013

Disneyland Ticket Prices (Regular)

One Park Per Day (no park hopping allowed):
Ticket Type Ages 10+ Ages 3-9

1-Day, 1 Park Ticket (Value) $97 $91
1-Day, 1 Park Ticket (Regular) $110 $104
1-Day, 1 Park Ticket (Peak) $124 $118
2-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket $199 $187
3-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket $270 $258
4-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket $290 $275
5-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket $305 $290

Park Hopper (visit both parks each day):
1-Day Park Hopper Ticket (Value) $157 $151
1-Day Park Hopper Ticket (Regular) $165 $159
1-Day Park Hopper Ticket (Peak) $174 $168
2-Day Park Hopper Ticket $244 $232
3-Day Park Hopper Ticket $315 $303
4-Day Park Hopper Ticket $335 $320
5-Day Park Hopper Ticket $350 $335

Last Minute Travel

2 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $183.89 $172.80
3 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $249.51 $238.41
4 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $260.20 $246.74
5 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $265.46 $252.40

2 Days Park Hopper Ticket $222.85 $211.89
3 Days Park Hopper Ticket $287.70 $276.75
4 Days Park Hopper Ticket $296.97 $283.67
5 Days Park Hopper Ticket $300.87 $287.97

LMT does have a membership fee, but apparently there are free membership codes available all the time. @CyndiLouWho just googled and posted one for me. I was a member for free that day!

ETA: Not sure if this link still works, http://m.lmtclub.com/womanfreebies_A.aspx

Last edited:
I am at 5/24 so I have to put off getting any additional Chase products for now....

Seriously considering AAdvantage Barclay. I have a question I am pretty sure I know the answer to before I jump on it:

I will be able to use the points earned to book flights for my (college) children flying alone without me - right? The cc and the points will be in my name. I see on the terms of the card that some of the benefits (first checked bag) only apply to the primary card holder. I need to make sure I don't have to have a flight in order to book theirs.

I apologize for being redundant with my questions, but I want to clarify WHEN I should apply for my next credit cards. I have met the minimum spend for my MileagePlus Explorer Chase Visa (opened Nov 1, I believe - that's my annual fee charge date anyway) and I am looking to spend a fair amount of money during the holidays. I have no credit card min spend in the works and I'm itching to reapply for the CIP card for an 80k bonus. I also want to open up an SPG Amex card so I can get 25k bonus points to use for our hotel in LA for our August trip.

If anyone remembers I already applied on 9/22 for a CIP card and got denied because I had applied for a CSR (already have CSP) within the same time frame. I think that's why I was denied, anyway. I have a credit score high enough, I'm sure.

So, does anyone think it's okay (or recommend) me applying for a CIP now, and at the same time apply for a SPG Amex ? Otherwise I am not currently working toward any spend, but will spend that amount during the next few months I am quite certain, with daily living plus the holidays.

I won't make a move until I have your blessing.

Thanks! :)

Turned down for the Marriott card. I should be 4/24 when not counting an Amazon store card, but the rep wouldn't drop it. HUCA?

Edit: Never mind. I miscalculated when another card would drop off. Ugh. I think I might be done with Chase for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I just want to say thank you to everyone here. I just came back from my first free trip and I couldn’t have done it without everyone’s help here.

I went to Disney. I used Southwest miles and the companion pass for two free flights only 11k in miles. Then I redeemed UR for cash to get three nights at a value. I know it’s a poor value, but booking through the portal was more than booking direct through Disney. Disney also gave me free park tickets after giving a feedback email after my last trip. The email focused on my favorite parts of the trip and my least favorite experiences. I was definitely surprised they gave me two sets of tickets and I certainly wasn’t complaining about a poor trip experience. Also my SO and I did the dvc phone tour for some Disney gift cards. We had to cover some food costs.

The trip to Disney was great. We did MVMCP and it was a lot of fun. the past two trips we did the deluxe dinning plan and we really missed it. QS isn’t really my style. We normally also go in the summer so the weather was much better this trip. The crowds though were insane. Especially, at Epcot for food and wine.

Thank you for everyone’s help. I loved my trip and it would have taken months to save for a trip like this. I love reading where everyone goes with their points and Im striving to get better at this and take a more luxurious trip. I only started travel hacking in May. This trip was fairly easy and only required me and my SO to get the Freedom Unlimited and for myself to get the two Southwest cards.

I apologize for being redundant with my questions, but I want to clarify WHEN I should apply for my next credit cards. I have met the minimum spend for my MileagePlus Explorer Chase Visa (opened Nov 1, I believe - that's my annual fee charge date anyway) and I am looking to spend a fair amount of money during the holidays. I have no credit card min spend in the works and I'm itching to reapply for the CIP card for an 80k bonus. I also want to open up an SPG Amex card so I can get 25k bonus points to use for our hotel in LA for our August trip.

If anyone remembers I already applied on 9/22 for a CIP card and got denied because I had applied for a CSR (already have CSP) within the same time frame. I think that's why I was denied, anyway. I have a credit score high enough, I'm sure.

So, does anyone think it's okay (or recommend) me applying for a CIP now, and at the same time apply for a SPG Amex ? Otherwise I am not currently working toward any spend, but will spend that amount during the next few months I am quite certain, with daily living plus the holidays.

I won't make a move until I have your blessing.

Thanks! :)

Quick reply.

To be approved for the CIP, you should/need to have had 0/zero/no other applications with Chase in the last 30 days.

Find out when exactly you applied for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card. Do you have any other recently opened Chase cards? If you applied for the MPE or any other Chase card within the last 30 days, don't apply for the CIP yet; wait 31 days from the date of your last Chase application.

As for the Amex SPG, apply for the Business version. I hesitate to recommend getting the SPG Biz now since the bonus is back down to 25k Starpoints (it was at a high of 35k Starpoints last month), and Amex signup bonuses are typically once per lifetime so you're settling for a lower offer. (But since the higher offer just ended, it's unlikely the SPG Biz will go back up to 35k anytime soon.) If you're intent on applying for a SPG card, get the Business version because as an Amex business card it won't show up on your personal credit report and won't add to your 5/24 count with Chase.

You mentioned doing some eBay selling. Use that as your "business" revenue. Just use your own name as the name of business, operating as a "sole proprietor", SSN as EIN. Same goes for Chase and Amex. Amex business card approvals are pretty lenient. CIP may be harder for some, but good personal income, credit score and history with Chase helps. (@speedyfishy got approved for a CIP with $5 business revenue!)

If you can, use a referral link to give back to the community.

I went to Disney. I used Southwest miles and the companion pass for two free flights only 11k in miles. Then I redeemed UR for cash to get three nights at a value. I know it’s a poor value, but booking through the portal was more than booking direct through Disney.

Just curious about this part- did you only try to book through the Portal or did you call and try to book as well? I've also been looking through the portal and am noticing the prices some quite a bit higher than Disney's website, and didn't know how that worked with special offers and whatnot. Perhaps someone else could chime in if there's a way they've made this work through Chase when trying to book something such as a discounted room or free dining.

Glad you had a nice trip!

Quick reply.

To be approved for the CIP, you should/need to have had 0/zero/no other applications with Chase in the last 30 days.

Find out when exactly you applied for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card. Do you have any other recently opened Chase cards? If you applied for the MPE or any other Chase card within the last 30 days, don't apply for the CIP yet; wait 31 days from the date of your last Chase application.

I wish I knew exactly the date I applied for the MPE card. I guess I'll say Nov 1, just to be safe.

As for the Amex SPG, apply for the Business version. I hesitate to recommend getting the SPG Biz now since the bonus is back down to 25k Starpoints (it was at a high of 35k Starpoints last month), and Amex signup bonuses are typically once per lifetime so you're settling for a lower offer. (But since the higher offer just ended, it's unlikely the SPG Biz will go back up to 35k anytime soon.) If you're intent on applying for a SPG card, get the Business version because as an Amex business card it won't show up on your personal credit report and won't add to your 5/24 count with Chase.
Thanks so much! So, should I apply today for that since I have to wait until early December to apply for the Chase Ink Preferred (due to my November MPE application)?

You mentioned doing some eBay selling. Use that as your "business" revenue. Just use your own name as the name of business, operating as a "sole proprietor", SSN as EIN. Same goes for Chase and Amex. Amex business card approvals are pretty lenient. CIP may be harder for some, but good personal income, credit score and history with Chase helps. (@speedyfishy got approved for a CIP with $5 business revenue!)

If you can, use a referral link to give back to the community.

Great idea to use the referral link!! :) I will do that for all cards I apply to in the future, if they offer it. :) How do I make sure someone gets credit for the referral? Don't they have to put my email in as a referral to get their bonus?

I wish I knew exactly the date I applied for the MPE card. I guess I'll say Nov 1, just to be safe.

You should have gotten an email confirming your application on the date you applied (or shortly after).

Thanks so much! So, should I apply today for that since I have to wait until early December to apply for the Chase Ink Preferred (due to my November MPE application)?

I think it's safe to apply for the Amex SPG Biz today, but it'll probably result in a "hard pull" of your credit report. Chase's systems should be able to see the inquiry on your credit report, even if they don't see a new card as a result. I don't think this will affect applying for the CIP in two weeks+, since the "0/30 rule" pertains to Chase applications, but it could...

Others please chime in.

Great idea to use the referral link!! :) I will do that for all cards I apply to in the future, if they offer it. :) How do I make sure someone gets credit for the referral? Don't they have to put my email in as a referral to get their bonus?

You should message @Albort or @SouthFayetteFan about joining the DISchurners reddit group, where we have some off topic discussions about applying for and maximizing returns on credit cards, and ways to give back to each other. As for referrals, all you have to do is click through their link and apply using that form. Eventually, you'll want DH to apply for his CIP using your CIP referral link.

Just curious about this part- did you only try to book through the Portal or did you call and try to book as well? I've also been looking through the portal and am noticing the prices some quite a bit higher than Disney's website, and didn't know how that worked with special offers and whatnot. Perhaps someone else could chime in if there's a way they've made this work through Chase when trying to book something such as a discounted room or free dining.

Glad you had a nice trip!

I only looked at the portal prices. I didn’t call. The portal also had an option to add a free half board meal plan, which I think was quick service dining plan for “free” but it still didn’t make sense for me.

I just want to say thank you to everyone here. I just came back from my first free trip and I couldn’t have done it without everyone’s help here.

I went to Disney. I used Southwest miles and the companion pass for two free flights only 11k in miles. Then I redeemed UR for cash to get three nights at a value. I know it’s a poor value, but booking through the portal was more than booking direct through Disney. Disney also gave me free park tickets after giving a feedback email after my last trip. The email focused on my favorite parts of the trip and my least favorite experiences. I was definitely surprised they gave me two sets of tickets and I certainly wasn’t complaining about a poor trip experience. Also my SO and I did the dvc phone tour for some Disney gift cards. We had to cover some food costs.

The trip to Disney was great. We did MVMCP and it was a lot of fun. the past two trips we did the deluxe dinning plan and we really missed it. QS isn’t really my style. We normally also go in the summer so the weather was much better this trip. The crowds though were insane. Especially, at Epcot for food and wine.

Thank you for everyone’s help. I loved my trip and it would have taken months to save for a trip like this. I love reading where everyone goes with their points and Im striving to get better at this and take a more luxurious trip. I only started travel hacking in May. This trip was fairly easy and only required me and my SO to get the Freedom Unlimited and for myself to get the two Southwest cards.

No judgment here about how you use your points! So happy to read that you had a wonderful trip with so much savings!

Perhaps someone else could chime in if there's a way they've made this work through Chase when trying to book something such as a discounted room or free dining.

My aunt booked a package through the cruise and tours line using her UR to pay for it. Even though she went during a FD'ing period (she's there right now!), there were no more rooms available for FD'ing. The TA told her that they can book any promo Disney is offering and she can pay with UR. So I would assume that includes any RO discounts as well.

When we went this past Sept, the room rates were much lower through UR than what Disney was charging. But the TA that has some pretty special Labor Day deals had even lower rates than UR (for BC) so we booked that part of our trip with her and took some points as cash to pay for that.

@wendow @Angrose Have you seen the Walmart grocery delivery fee? When AMEX had that Walmart grocery offer I put in an online order, and had it delivered because I had to work until 7pm (FIL was home to put it away for the time I chose). It was $5 or $7 and I was like, I could build a couple delivery fees into my monthly grocery budget... :rolleyes1

If Walmart wasn't so amazingly convenient for me, I'd have no problem paying their delivery fee. I did grocery delivery with King Soopers several times. I think their fee was $9.95 but the service was not good and I ended up having to call them and go back to the store too many times so I won't do theirs anymore.

Shopping portal question. There's a 2 in 1 Dell laptop I want that goes on sale next Thursday. But if you are a rewards member you can get early access which means tomorrow morning while I'm at work and have to use my phone. I had wanted to go through Alaska's portal because I could get an extra 1k miles but I'm guessing with the early access link I'm out of luck for anything since I also won't have the ebates or swagbucks chrome buttons that could pick it up. It'll only be around 320 total so not a huge loss without a portal but not having to deal with it thanksgiving night would be nice. Any ideas on how I may be able to get around it using my phone?

You should have gotten an email confirming your application on the date you applied (or shortly after).

I think it's safe to apply for the Amex SPG Biz today, but it'll probably result in a "hard pull" of your credit report. Chase's systems should be able to see the inquiry on your credit report, even if they don't see a new card as a result. I don't think this will affect applying for the CIP in two weeks+, since the "0/30 rule" pertains to Chase applications, but it could...

Others please chime in.

You should message @Albort or @SouthFayetteFan about joining the DISchurners reddit group, where we have some off topic discussions about applying for and maximizing returns on credit cards, and ways to give back to each other. As for referrals, all you have to do is click through their link and apply using that form. Eventually, you'll want DH to apply for his CIP using your CIP referral link.

Thanks so much (again). I see there is a 5k minimum spend for the SPG business card. I think it should be no problem but it is only 3k for the personal. I"m going to request entry to the DISchurners reddit group now!

Thanks so much (again). I see there is a 5k minimum spend for the SPG business card. I think it should be no problem but it is only 3k for the personal. I"m going to request entry to the DISchurners reddit group now!
@Lain is encouraging you to do the business card because that card will not report to your personal credit report and therefore, will not count against 5/24. If you can make the 5k spend, I'd do that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter