I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Yes, it was only advertised on the website but the price would have been good in store too, so I made sure when I screenshoted it to get the sales dates and the date stamp of when I took the screenshots (took 2 to get the full page with the description and sale dates). Then totally forgot to call the store to see what I needed to do to get the adjustment. I'll be putting it through tonight then :D

Good luck :)

cut = close

So for example if your statement closed (cut) on Dec 2 and the travel charge posted on Dec 3, it would be considered a 2018 charge.
Just checked...his statement CLOSED Dec 5th and he made the charge Dec 5th....I'm assuming that's a 2018 credit then.

I am so excited! I have figured out a way for us to fly Business (one way) on our July LA trip! So, here is what I am planning - input appreciated:

EWR - SAN (San Diego first for Comic Con for 3 days) - JetBlue Plus - 68k miles for 4 people.
LAX - EWR UAL Business - $2068 for 3 tickets, 60k miles for one ticket.

Now I need to accumulate a bunch of Starpoints for free hotel nights at the Delfina in LA.

Thanks so much for all of your help :)
How were you able to get comic con tickets?

Ugh so didn’t realize my travel credit had reset so $50 of it was used on stupid ez pass! I just bought a $250 SW gift card to use the rest up.

Has anyone returned something purchased either through Chase Pay or Google Pay?

Today I returned something purchased from Wal-Mart through Chase Pay and was told that because the payment was processed through Chase Pay, I could only be refunded in the form of a gift card. It was not a big deal because it was only a $10 item but I would have been unhappy if it had been an expensive item. I'm actually hoping the same thing happens when I return another item to Wal-Mart purchased through Google Pay. This item was part of the AmEx deal so I need to total order to remain more than $50.

Oh geeze! That’s not cool. Surely that can’t be right. I need to investigate that.

Yes, its new for Marriott and Slate cards.

Oh sweet, I have a slate!

it does sound suspicious, whats the email that it is sent from?

im a big clueless with my WM order... it has disappeared off my freedom account, but the order is shipped. im not sure if it will reappear any time soon.

My charges disappear from my cc for Walmart often then pop back up.

So, do you think it's worth it for us to get dh a Jetblue card for the 60k miles so we can fly free to San Diego? Otherwise we'll have to buy those miles we are short for over $600.

Gahhhhh, I am still a chicken. I just spent about 20 minutes going through the CIP application. Took me forever to pick my business type. Then I get to the very end where it says i agree this is for business purposes only and I will not use for personal use, blah blah blah, and I can not do it. I just shut it all down. I know everyone is doing it, but I have a problem with following rules. lol Other ideas for me?
I'm not sure if this helps you at all, but I just recently applied for and got approved for a CIP. I used $500 in business income. In the past, I had a direct selling/independent contractor business, so I picked business type choices based on that. In theory, I could still work that business PT and have been thinking about it recently. There is also another direct sales business that I've been a customer of and people tell me I should sell, so I figure I need a card for those items in case I decide to sell or even just resell my own purchases (likely at some point). I got approved without issue, but did have to wait a few days. And, to get that minimum spend, my business-for-the-time-being will be getting points for travel and I'm fine with all of my expenses going towards that "business".

So, do you think it's worth it for us to get dh a Jetblue card for the 60k miles so we can fly free to San Diego? Otherwise we'll have to buy those miles we are short for over $600.
DH and I both got the 60k JetBlue card. I already met my spend . His card arrived today. With family pooling it’s an easy 120,000 trueblue points. I just used 29,000 points (7200 pp) to book our flights back from Orlando to bwi for August 2018. JetBlue wanted 11000 points to fly from MCO to Newark. Picked BWI instead and am using Amtrak points to get us from BWI to Philly.
If you have an airport that JetBlue uses as a hub, the card is a no brainer. We live within reasonable distance to Phl, ewr, bwi and even jfk(JetBlue hub) so made sense for us.

So jealous!!! Wish your friend could sell us 2 tickets!

I wish I could get you tickets. It might not even work out for all of us. He is trying to get all four of us tickets but it might just be my husband and 14 yr old daughter going, while my 9 year old and I do something else. It's like getting tickets to the Oscars -- almost that hard!

DH and I both got the 60k JetBlue card. I already met my spend . His card arrived today. With family pooling it’s an easy 120,000 trueblue points. I just used 29,000 points (7200 pp) to book our flights back from Orlando to bwi for August 2018. JetBlue wanted 11000 points to fly from MCO to Newark. Picked BWI instead and am using Amtrak points to get us from BWI to Philly.
If you have an airport that JetBlue uses as a hub, the card is a no brainer. We live within reasonable distance to Phl, ewr, bwi and even jfk(JetBlue hub) so made sense for us.

Thanks for the input! I have identified a flight that will cost 94k for the four of us one way, but I"m short 26k and I'll need that shortfall in a hurry because they may go up or sell out. The trip is in mid July so if I get one for him now it is possible we'll get the points by February.

Is there a way I could get a referral bonus? I haven't found a link for that.

Not bad, but I fully intended on getting a $300 SW gift card.
I got $250 already sent to my email so it’s good enough.
We had this happen with Dhs card. One of the things we used to meet minimum spend was paying off a wedding event with Disney . It coded as travel... So 3x points yay, but there went the travel credit. We use YNAB, so I just moved the credit into a travel fund in our budget. Just spent it on target gift cards haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter