I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports on Reddit people receiveing emails for 10x UR at Best Buy on up to $300 on purchases. Emails for CFU, CSP, CSR. And someone posted a screenshot confirming 5x bonus points and 1x regular points on their Best Buy Freedom purchase, $400 purchase yielded 1,500 bonus points- 300 cap definitely confirmed.

So both DH and I applied for the Marriott Business card. I already have SW Busn + Chase Ink Cash, so it would be a stretch for them to approve me I think. DH only has 1 other business card - Chase Ink Preferred. Both apps went pending. Status line says "under review - will notify in 7-10 days."

Should I call? Or just wait. I hate calling, but I'm impatient!!

Edited: We applied over the weekend. Credit was pulled Monday.

Last edited:
Interesting development...I just got another email from Chase giving me 10 x points on CSR up to $300?!?! I'm willing to be the DP and go to BB today using CSR! We've got a cruise and WDW coming up next month :)

Reports on Reddit people receiveing emails for 10x UR at Best Buy on up to $300 on purchases. Emails for CFU, CSP, CSR. And someone posted a screenshot confirming 5x bonus points and 1x regular points on their Best Buy Freedom purchase, $400 purchase yielded 1,500 bonus points- 300 cap definitely confirmed.

Is this with Chase Pay or just using the cards?

Hmmm - I have no emails. Wondering if it will work with my CSR, or if its targeted. Can you post reddit link? TIA!

I hope no one’s tempted by the current offerings on the new Amex Hilton cards.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-hilton-credit-card-sign-bonuses-announced/

I have been trying to figure out the best way to max DH's weekly business travel. He has always stuck with Hilton, so I SM'd the honors desk to see where we are at on lifetime diamond status. He is at 7 years and 600-some odd nights. So in about 3 more years would hit lifetime diamond status.
I was thinking maybe we just stick it out there 3 more years, then spend the following decade working on lifetime platinum at Marriott. Then we'd be set for retirement travel all over the place. ha!
I can't find much info online about the best way to maximize status in multiple chains. There aren't really any Hyatts in his territory, so that is out.

Now I am seeing this Hilton aspire card comes with diamond for life of the card. Wonder if he should just get that for hilton status and then start staying at Marriotts to earn status there thru stays. Only downfall is he needs to hit 1000 nights in addition to the 10 years as diamond to get that lifetime status, so the card wouldn't help hit the nights requirement. HMmnnn.

Has anyone seen good info out there about maxing status over multiple chains for business travelers. My googling isn't coming up with much.

I have a question.... we just pc'ed DH's csr to FU,(haven't even gotten his card yet) and I have about 1100 points in this account.....how is that? I haven't spent anything,and it was 0 balance when we pc'd..... (I already transferred the points anyway but this is strange)

so I did the survey.... but getting cards in too many programs is something I've been avoiding, b/c I want things that are compatible with use,so if I get a card with a different points reward system it'll be less valuable than the ones I can combine..... yes? no?
That's really a personal answer and would depend on your travel habits. In just the past year I've managed to earn and use points in Hilton, IHG, and Marriott as well as Southwest for flights, AMEX Membership Rewards, and CITI ThankYou points all offsetting travel costs. I believe @calypso726 has a lot of experience balancing multiple programs too.

The important thing I'd say is make sure you understand a program and what those points are worth to you before you jump in. When I apply for a card I examine all the redemption options, attempt to identify both a primary use for the points as well as a potential secondary redemption (gift cards or cash is possible) in the event something changes. The mistake some people make here is earning points that they have no use for. With good planning, I've never had a point go to waste :)

I have a question.... we just pc'ed DH's csr to FU,(haven't even gotten his card yet) and I have about 1100 points in this account.....how is that? I haven't spent anything,and it was 0 balance when we pc'd..... (I already transferred the points anyway but this is strange)

I wonder if they applied FU cash back percentages to CSR purchases since the last statement cut and gave you the difference???

Did the survey! I would be interested to take another one like that in about a year. DH and I are both under 5/24 and are planning to each get a CIP this year. We both can't hit the minimum spend on that at the same time, so we'll have to space them out a little bit. After that, I plan on looking into AMEX and to start applying for those.

I'm not seeing available award rooms on Hyatt's site. Would they be booked up already for summer?

I had a hard time seeing more than one night at a time. I would try one night at a time to see if that helps.

Woohoo! 1/1/18 points for Chase SW have finally posted (they weren’t there earlier when I checked)! Strange thing is I went an added my DS as my CP and it is showing my name instead of his so I am on the line with SW. The CSR can see his name but when she went to add him to our flight to Cancun, she can see where it says my name instead. Crazy!

I have never received any promotional emails from Chase. Is it possible I have it turned off and do you know how I would turn it on? The only emails I get from Chase are about statements available and payment received.

I have never received any promotional emails from Chase. Is it possible I have it turned off and do you know how I would turn it on? The only emails I get from Chase are about statements available and payment received.

Probably in alerts or settings. I'm trying to remember as I was just in there tues setting alerts but I don't remember seeing anything about these type which is why it might be settings.

Awesome!! We are in. For us that's 3 nights at Hawaii village, for $190 in fees. This is what I was waiting on.

That is a great deal for Hawaiian Village since you get the $250 resort credit on each card, plus daily $10 toward food & beverage. Definitely a good value for $190!

ETA: Oops! I was confusing the business card with the other one that has the $450 AF. No resort credit with the business one.

Probably in alerts or settings. I'm trying to remember as I was just in there tues setting alerts but I don't remember seeing anything about these type which is why it might be settings.

Just went through every tab under profile & settings and am not seeing anything.

Woohoo! 1/1/18 points for Chase SW have finally posted (they weren’t there earlier when I checked)! Strange thing is I went an added my DS as my CP and it is showing my name instead of his so I am on the line with SW. The CSR can see his name but when she went to add him to our flight to Cancun, she can see where it says my name instead. Crazy!
So happy for you! I LOVE Southwest...like literally love them BUT Southwest IT can really frustrate you at times.

I'll spare you my story of when they drained a $100 gift card and charged my credit card 10 times when I was simply trying to book a points flight for my daughter and pay the $11.20. HAHA! And then of course there was the 2 hour phone call to fix it...

I'm sure many have a Southwest IT horror story out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter