I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, just realized I should get the aspire nov/dec 2018 to double dip the airline credit.
That should get $500 airline credit and $250 resort credit, meaning the AF is zeroed out.

Just realized you posted this as I was typing. Why double dip when you could triple dip? Lol

Why not get the Aspire in December 2018?

The Aspire comes with a $250 airline incidental fee credit that’s supposed to work the same way as the Amex Platinum and PRG, which means it refreshes every calendar year and could be used to buy AA and SW gift cards (possibly others, check FlyerTalk for DPs) to trigger the credit in December 2018, January 2019, and January 2020. This means you have the opportunity to triple dip this benefit before possibly canceling the card in January 2020 for a refund of the 2nd year AF.
I totally missed the triple dip... wonder if I can double dip the resort credit.

I have never signed up for the Disney credit card. I have a link to the no fee $200 reward card. If I do it and spend the $500 before 3 months is over does it show up right away or does it not show up until after 3 months is complete? My trip is in less than 3 months.
It usually shows up a few weeks after you hit the $500 spend.

I totally missed the triple dip... wonder if I can double dip the resort credit.

The resort credit is supposed to go by cardmember year, so double dip possibly in your first year and then between December 2019 and January 2020.

Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery and you can 'peak' at your mail delivery that day early in the morning. It will also list in-bound packages to your address.

This is awesome. Just signed up but it said I had no mail today and try again tomorrow... Boo.

I am getting very impatient. I applied for SW Business and Personal for DH and was approved on 1/10. Still not cards yet. I want to meet minimum ASAP on both cards to try and get companion pass right away. DH and DS are going to e Florida in March and would be nice to get DS's points back for having him be the companion.... Hopefully today. (been saying that every day)

I haven't gotten my SW premier card yet either that I was approved for on the 10th. Hopefully today!!! I need to meet the spend to get my CP also, trying to use for a June trip.

DH just called from the ShopRite parking lot. He said, "I just got $200 in Shell gift cards and used Chase Pay. I tried to use the Freedom Unlimited but the register kept saying 'Payment Not Allowed', so I switched over to the Slate and it worked fine." :sad2: :furious:

Any idea why he had trouble with the FU (aptly abbreviated)? He's already used a CSP without issue.

Last edited:
This is awesome. Just signed up but it said I had no mail today and try again tomorrow... Boo.

If you get FedEx or UPS packages each has a free version of their Delivery managers too you can use to find out when you have an unknown package coming. Great for when you are out of town and someone sends something without telling you so you can stop it or have someone go pick it up.

Just filled out the survey.

On a separate note, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered 247 times on this thread, lol, but if I get the SPG business Amex, does that count against 5/24 for Chase? I'm wanting to apply for one of the Ink biz cards with Chase or go for the SW CP again once I fall under 5/24 later this year, so I don't want to add any cards that will count against 5/24. Thanks!

DH just called from the ShopRite parking lot. He said, "I just got $200 in Shell gift cards and used Chase Pay. I tried to use the Freedom Unlimited but the register kept saying 'Payment Not Allowed', so I switched over to the Slate and it worked fine." :sad2: :furious:

Any idea why he had trouble with the FU (aptly abbreviated)? He's already used a CSP without issue.

sounds like fraud department might have flagged it. call chase and see if that's the problem.
i had a similar problem when buying off walmart. they had to confirm that i'm making the purchase.

On a separate note, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered 247 times on this thread, lol, but if I get the SPG business Amex, does that count against 5/24 for Chase? I'm wanting to apply for one of the Ink biz cards with Chase or go for the SW CP again once I fall under 5/24 later this year, so I don't want to add any cards that will count against 5/24. Thanks!

it does not count. only restrictions with chase is biz cards apps, u need to be a 0/30.

sounds like fraud department might have flagged it. call chase and see if that's the problem.
i had a similar problem when buying off walmart. they had to confirm that i'm making the purchase.
We had that happen on the Freedom once, but I immediately got an email and a text and was able to solve the issue while I was still in line. I'll have him call and complain that he didn't receive any notification if that's really what the issue was.
I'm miffed that he used the Slate, but to be fair, I throw so much information at him about these deals I'm not surprised he missed which cards he should use. We haven't touched the Slate card in a couple of years though!

I have never signed up for the Disney credit card. I have a link to the no fee $200 reward card. If I do it and spend the $500 before 3 months is over does it show up right away or does it not show up until after 3 months is complete? My trip is in less than 3 months.
If that link is a public link please consider supporting a DISchurner through one of their links on reddit. It's the same offer - if you want details on how to join send me a PM.

AMEX business cards do not count against 5/24. Just to expound on this - what "counts" is any account that appears on your personal credit report. AMEX as well as many other issuers DO NOT report business cards to your personal credit report. So that's basically how this works...

Please consider supporting a fellow DISer by using one of the links for the SPG Biz on our DISchurners Reddit group. IF you'd like to join just PM me.

Last edited:
Since I'm sadly not getting any new cards for a while, decided to make the best use of the ones I have.
So far this month:

Used my Citi $250 airline credit
Used one of my 2 platinum amex airline credit...decided to wait until fall and gift the other $200 between DM and DB for bday gifts (best thing ever, presents I don't have to pay oop for!)
Used my oldest credit card that is in the desk drawer and used annually to keep my age of accounts happy
Product changed my Barclay Arrival plus to regular, no fee...Arrival I think :o (and with any purchase I'll get a 1,000 points which is worth..maybe a dollar :rolleyes1)
Cancelled my American Express Reserve so will have an open Amex slot when I do decide I need a new card AND will have the AF refunded!

Since I entered this hobby clueless and without a good plan, it's sort of closing the barn door after the horse was let out to be so organized but better late than never :)

I have CSP and CSR. I got the Best Buy email from Chase for my "Chase Sapphire" which I know is the 3rd member of that card fam. I don't have a Chase Sapphire....

AMEX business cards do not count against 5/24. Just to expound on this - what "counts" is any account that appears on your personal credit report. AMEX as well as many other issuers DO NOT report business cards to your personal credit report. So that's basically how this works...

Please consider supporting a fellow DISer by using one of the links for the SPG Biz on our DISchurners Reddit group. IF you'd like to join just PM me.

I'd be more than happy to support a fellow DISer. Will PM you.

Is there somewhere that says which biz cards are reported to your credit report, or those that aren't? I don't go on Reddit and am still confused how to search for stuff there since I imagine that's where a list might exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter