I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up! Just added mine to our Reddit group in the Amex section. I didn’t see any others. Am I the only one that picked up this card already here? 100k plus a $250 airline credit with your chosen airline ( AA hostage here) which can be triggered by AA gift cards in $100 and $50 increments. Other airlines work too but vary. Plus a $250 resort credit which can be used to pay for a stay according to DPs I’m reading and Diamond status!! OMG! I am almost as excited about this card as I was about the CSR when it was announced. DH got one too and we have decided we are both keeping ours.

Is there an AF for this card?

Other annoying thing about the Costco Cash Cards is you have to activate them! I actually just got back from there and in a moment of absolute dumbness put the card in my wallet to activate later. Of course then I forgot about it and didn’t activate it. FYI their system won’t take them unless activated...they aren’t just saying need to activate.
costco cash card- once I call, it tells me the balance it's activated?

Lol oops, that's not what I did for DH's ebay business when I applied last night... I think I did the used merchandise selection or something like that. Got the 30 day message so I'll be calling periodically (read: every couple hours:rotfl2:) this week.

The other one seems to work fine too. Lots of people selling used baby and kids stuff, books, clothing, household goods, etc. Good luck with your application! I’d be checking like every hour. #, 3, 1, SSN!

Do you have any other Chase business cards? Wondering if that could be a factor? I agree maybe they give more scrutiny to real estate. My husband has a legitimate side business he is starting up but it is not easily quantified. They approved him without issue and I don’t even think they know exactly what it is.
I don't have any business cards. My DH got the SW business last year. I know when I called recon last year they asked me about revenue, where I advertise etc. None of that has changed. Except the age of the business. Maybe they figure that there aren't that many expenses to put on a CC as a condo rental.

I don't have any business cards. My DH got the SW business last year. I know when I called recon last year they asked me about revenue, where I advertise etc. None of that has changed. Except the age of the business. Maybe they figure that there aren't that many expenses to put on a CC as a condo rental.

That’s ridiculous. My parents own and operate several rental properties and those things require insurance, utilities, taxes, replacement appliances, electrical, plumbing, and landscaping services, and generally a lot of upkeep. Chase is missing out on so much legitimate spend by denying you. It still boggles my mind. I really hope it’s something dumb like verifying your identity.

Travel hacking weekend update: Decided it was high time we do Dapper Days and figured we might as well do it on both coasts. Got Grand California rooms at DLR booked with DVC points for 4/20-23 and used 2 free night Marriott certificates for the WDW stay 4/27-29. Finally found a use for the Delta Sky Pesos and booked our RT flights and even found lie flat seats which was an unexpected surprise. I will see if I can find some Etsy GCs at Staples or OD and then get a cute Dapper Day outfit for 5x plus a shopping portal bonus. Looking forward to this unexpected getaway.

churning DIS meet at Disneyland!?!!!!! :P

strange. my business cards are all from Real Estate management for me. Id included the rent though since it does go through my account and then off to the correct account...

For those thinking about making a SPG points purchase on points dot com, DP on reddit claims he got 3x UR on CIP, and someone else confirmed: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/7yloay/comment/duhm5tr?st=JDUATS39&sh=59cc04e2. (If in doubt, maybe do a small purchase of 5,000 Starpoints to test.) If true, I guess the tough question is, 2x Starpoints using an Amex SPG card or possibly 3x UR with CIP?

SPG point for sure. UR is way easy to earn via all the other quadfecta cards. If i had to choose, SPG points all the way.

SPG point for sure. UR is way easy to earn via all the other quadfecta cards. If i had to choose, SPG points all the way.

I think I’d agree. There aren’t many ways to earn Starpoints bonus points outside of paid stays at their hotels and resorts, and Amex SPG cards earn an anemic (if valuable) 1x Starpoint/$ otherwise. If your goal is to build a diverse pool of points, take the chance to earn those extra Starpoints. CIP and CSR codes for 3x UR on so many other things, CF and CIC/Ink+ could potentially earn 5x UR at almost all merchants, and the CFU earns 1.5x UR for everything else.

costco cash card- once I call, it tells me the balance it's activated?

Yes. You just have to call first. And when you pull it out of your wallet ready to spend it and realize you have never activated it and the teller is done and there is of course a line behind you, that is not the time to try to call in. Not a big deal you just have to do it ahead of time. I was just stupid...but I will just spend it next trip and sadly I go every week at least. When you call in to activate they did ask for the last 4 digits of the phone number on the account that was used to buy it to activate which I thought was a little odd.

Yes. You just have to call first. And when you pull it out of your wallet ready to spend it and realize you have never activated it and the teller is done and there is of course a line behind you, that is not the time to try to call in. Not a big deal you just have to do it ahead of time. I was just stupid...but I will just spend it next trip and sadly I go every week at least. When you call in to activate they did ask for the last 4 digits of the phone number on the account that was used to buy it to activate which I thought was a little odd.
thanks for the reminder, I also forgot about 'activating' my Wm gc once, that was an irritating shopping trip...

That’s ridiculous. My parents own and operate several rental properties and those things require insurance, utilities, taxes, replacement appliances, electrical, plumbing, and landscaping services, and generally a lot of upkeep. Chase is missing out on so much legitimate spend by denying you. It still boggles my mind. I really hope it’s something dumb like verifying your identity

We had a LOT of expenses when we owned a condo as a rental property (and I'm still so annoyed with myself for not getting business cards then...argh).

I had to call Amex this weekend after I applied for my PRG...apparently either the computer autofilled or I flaked and typed Orlando for my city. I had no idea and it was an easy fix...to make up for my "inconvenience" (aka I was being stupid) they're sending it overnight. Hopefully in your case it's something super quick like that :)

We had a LOT of expenses when we owned a condo as a rental property (and I'm still so annoyed with myself for not getting business cards then...argh).

I had to call Amex this weekend after I applied for my PRG...apparently either the computer autofilled or I flaked and typed Orlando for my city. I had no idea and it was an easy fix...to make up for my "inconvenience" (aka I was being stupid) they're sending it overnight. Hopefully in your case it's something super quick like that :)

I think this message is for @Psychodisney. Sharing the sentiment!

I went on to CardMatch... Didn't have any offers under my first name, but I got the Amex Platinum 100K/$5,000 spend offer under my middle name. Too bad we have a specific plan to earn UR, not MRs.

Applied for CIP, I didn't get an automatic 30-day or 7-10 day message like I have with my other cards just to verify my address but a "Decision Pending" page with a "please give our cs agents a call at XXX from mon-fri at your earliest convience" message. Is this normal?

Called the automated status line and got the 30 day response, same with email. Thinking of holding it out until it changes to 2 weeks or 7-10 days, but getting a little impatient! With both of my SW cards and CSR I had to call recon as they needed to confirm my address. I put my credit on a freeze since the Equifax fiasco last year which could be the reason why.

I went on to CardMatch... Didn't have any offers under my first name, but I got the Amex Platinum 100K/$5,000 spend offer under my middle name. Too bad we have a specific plan to earn UR, not MRs.
I had it under my account also but want to wait until I can triple dip which I believe is not until the Dec timeframe.

Applied for CIP, I didn't get an automatic 30-day or 7-10 day message like I have with my other cards just to verify my address but a "Decision Pending" page with a "please give our cs agents a call at XXX from mon-fri at your earliest convience" message. Is this normal?

Called the automated status line and got the 30 day response, same with email. Thinking of holding it out until it changes to 2 weeks or 7-10 days, but getting a little impatient! With both of my SW cards and CSR I had to call recon as they needed to confirm my address. I put my credit on a freeze since the Equifax fiasco last year which could be the reason why.

I just checked my Credit reports and Chase hasn't pulled my Equifax. They pulled experian for all personal cards and Experian + Transunion for business cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter