I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied for CIP, I didn't get an automatic 30-day or 7-10 day message like I have with my other cards just to verify my address but a "Decision Pending" page with a "please give our cs agents a call at XXX from mon-fri at your earliest convience" message. Is this normal?

Called the automated status line and got the 30 day response, same with email. Thinking of holding it out until it changes to 2 weeks or 7-10 days, but getting a little impatient! With both of my SW cards and CSR I had to call recon as they needed to confirm my address. I put my credit on a freeze since the Equifax fiasco last year which could be the reason why.

The “please call us immediately” message is almost always just to verify your identity, and they likely won’t question you about the application itself. I’m not sure if the verification office is closed today (holiday), but you may well be approved without having to call in. Good luck!

Unrelated note: have you heard anything about GameStop being hardcoded against GC>GC? Read that this happened last week.

The “please call us immediately” message is almost always just to verify your identity, and they likely won’t question you about the application itself. I’m not sure if the verification office is closed today (holiday), but you may well be approved without having to call in. Good luck!
Just read on Reddit that verification office is open today.

Unrelated note: have you heard anything about GameStop being hardcoded against GC>GC? Read that this happened last week.

Haven't heard anything. I've been out of the Gamestop churning game for while since the Best Buy trade in values have tanked and they seemed to stop doing promos!

I've been a little quiet lately...my recent update:
1) Failed recon with BofA on the Premium Rewards card. They reconsidered...and still denied me. Booooo!
2) Got a letter on my BofA business app looking for all kind of proof of my entity - yea not interested...so that will likely end in denial. It was a combined HP with the first denial though so no worries
3) Got AMEX to reconsider giving me 5 cards...Hoping for that BB+ card. Online Status site says In Process...waiting is soooo hard, lol.
4) If the BB+ fails my fallback is to max out the 5% categories on the Freedom this qtr and earn some URs. I hate to settle for a 7.5% return (assuming I'll redeem these through a CSR) but if that's all I can get I'll take it lol.

Huge THANKS!!!! to a couple of people who might've used my Southwest link on DISchurners. It could have come from r/churning too but I'd prefer to assume they came from one of you fine people :)
So I called AMEX recon on Monday 1/12 on my wife's Blue Business Plus (BB+) application. I got them to recommend her to recon for a 5th card... This is the card we applied for by calling in to the targeted line and saying my friend recommended I see if any offers were available to me. It's been a whole week so I called today for a status update - the foreign sounding gentleman I talked to said it looks like the underwriters have completed this and I will be approved within 24-48 hours. That's a weird response (like if I'm approved...why am I not just approved now) but hey, I'll take it!

BB+ = 2x MRs plus 20k MRs for spending $3k. So I'll earn 26k MRs for spending 3k AND this is a great card to keep MRs active (no annual fee) AND someday when my wife gets a Schwab Plat we can cash them out for $325 AND it's a biz card so doesn't hurt her 5/24 status. ALL good things :) I just hope this guy knew what he was talking about, if we happened to not get approved now I'd be super disappointed. Also this will keep our streak alive of working on min. spends since Sept 2014 :D

Applied for CIP, I didn't get an automatic 30-day or 7-10 day message like I have with my other cards just to verify my address but a "Decision Pending" page with a "please give our cs agents a call at XXX from mon-fri at your earliest convience" message. Is this normal?

Called the automated status line and got the 30 day response, same with email. Thinking of holding it out until it changes to 2 weeks or 7-10 days, but getting a little impatient! With both of my SW cards and CSR I had to call recon as they needed to confirm my address. I put my credit on a freeze since the Equifax fiasco last year which could be the reason why.

If you have an active fraud alert all three bureaus know about it and you have to call in and verify identity. Since my husband had the identification stolen last May the call in message is what you receive. A pain but a good thing. We actually received a letter from a random bank in Kansas this summer. They were declining the card he had applied for since verification had not occurred. That was total fraud situation and I was glad we had the alert on there.

I'm in a rut and need a new card and I don't know what I want, which is incredibly rare for me.

I guess I've just been holding out for the Southwest cards because of their plans for Hawaii. I want the companion pass so I'm trying to keep my powder dry with Chase but I'm starting to lose my mind. And my husband hasn't had a new card in 10 months. I did get the Uber card in November but I feel like I'm going through withdrawal here.

30-some pages ago I mentioned the possibility of the Spirit card just to get to NOLA. My soul just wouldn't let me burn a credit pull on that, so here I wait, reading everyone else's approval stories. #FirstWorldProblems

Since I know a few people here have bought Costco Cash cards with Discover, etc... how long does it usually take to come?

Also, I think DH had an AMEX Platinum 100k offer in the mail yesterday... :scratchin

2 LONG LONG weeks! It is extremely annoying since ii can just walk into a sams club and buy their giftcards
with Discover instantly.

I’ve seen that they can book economy over the phone, but I’m not sure about premium. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to if you feed them the flight details. They’re just an online travel agency. But I haven’t read any reports specifically about premium.

Yeah i would like to know this myself. I see some good use of points on fares through their portal.
However they are for basic economy it looks like. Does anyone know if you book one you can upgrade on
the airline site with cash?

We are in London right now and just tried Norwegian for the first time. We had a *great* flight and really liked their premium class. The seats weren't lie flat, but they reclined a ton--more than typical premium economy. The service was the best I've had on any plane in a long time. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, especially given their cheap fares and ability to book one-way. The only issue is luggage. They have a 40lb limit in checked bags and a combined weight limit for carryons. Weigh very carefully at home as even premium class bags were weighed and tagged. My husband was really impressed with the dreamliner and commented that he felt much more refreshed than usual. Dreamliner's apparently use fresh air rather than recirculated, it's humidified differently and cabin pressure is lower than normal. Guy knowledge :)

I am considering norwegian also for a trip to Europe but im not seeing all these low fares people talk about.
Im seeing about 800 round trip to europe for somewhat specific dates in June. Maybe because it is summer?
I want to book them because they are one of the only 2 lines that fly DIRECT to Italy from lax..but at 800:scared:?

How long did you wait before you booked your fare? I'm thinking they are only going to get higher this point out.

I know! And my Platinum renewal is coming up next month. I now have no reason to put any spend on the Platinum. I’ve put over $20k on it over the past year, a lot of it because of MPX. If I don’t get a good retention offer, I have no compelling reason to keep this card vs signing up for different Platinums for their bonuses or churning the Ameriprise to keep the benefits.

The personal Platinum is still a good card for the big signup bonus if it’s your first time and can get 100k MR, and it’s first year benefits more than outweigh the big AF, especially if you double dip or even triple dip the airline credits. I get decent Amex Offers on my card. But aside from taking it out when traveling for Centurion Lounge access (if you have one at your home or destination airport), it’s a sock drawer card that won’t even have a slot in my saved cards online after today.

Last edited:
I am considering norwegian also for a trip to Europe but im not seeing all these low fares people talk about.
Im seeing about 800 round trip to europe for somewhat specific dates in June. Maybe because it is summer?
I want to book them because they are one of the only 2 lines that fly DIRECT to Italy from lax..but at 800:scared:?

How long did you wait before you booked your fare? I'm thinking they are only going to get higher this point out.
We paid quite a bit for a refundable one-way flight in premium--I want to say in the $850 range--we weren't going for the cheapest fares on this one. We wanted the flexibility in case British Air did another upper class sale. I think they do sales fairly often, but with summer I'm not sure.

I'm in a rut and need a new card and I don't know what I want, which is incredibly rare for me.

I guess I've just been holding out for the Southwest cards because of their plans for Hawaii. I want the companion pass so I'm trying to keep my powder dry with Chase but I'm starting to lose my mind. And my husband hasn't had a new card in 10 months. I did get the Uber card in November but I feel like I'm going through withdrawal here.

30-some pages ago I mentioned the possibility of the Spirit card just to get to NOLA. My soul just wouldn't let me burn a credit pull on that, so here I wait, reading everyone else's approval stories. #FirstWorldProblems
I'm keeping in the game with business cards. Thought I had too much risk with Chase so went with SPG Biz.
How about SPG Biz or the new Hilton Biz?

Continuing to be the bearer of bad news today, Marriott has confirmed that Amazon will not be returning to its shopping portal MORE: https://twitter.com/marriottrewards/status/965341877879934976

Not surprising, but at least now we have official word. Amazon was a participating merchant when Marriott first launched MORE, and several of us took advantage of the bonus points offered for making a first purchase by buying Amazon gift cards. Then Amazon disappeared from the list of merchants after just a day or two. Looks like it won’t be coming back.

Last edited:
I know PreCheck is only good if the airline participates, but Global entry doesn't matter correct?

I have GE with my nexxus card and I haven't flown international since I got it. I've only been through customs once in the Edmonton airport, my other trips to/from Canada were via an FBO so we went through a separate area without doing much more than getting our passports scanned.

Will using GE be similar to what I went through in Edmonton? Also, with just going through regular customs in Paris and probably Iceland were I change planes, what should I expect. This is the part of the trip I'm most nervous about but would rather get info from friends than random people I find through googling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter