I love the villa kitchen sponges, where can I buy them?

Oh my gosh. I started this thread back in 2008, 13 years ago!! And it still pops up. I still have a ton left from the supply they sent me, believe it or not. They last forever and I still love them. But, I was able to get the original ones back then, they have since changed them. They are harder, for lack of a better word, stiffer now. So sorry everyone, I no longer have the contact information. What I did do, was start with housekeeping. I called the main number and they directed me from there, as to who to call. I don't know if they've changed the manufacturer since then. Good luck, post if you have any luck getting them in bulk!
Just keep calling housekeeping claiming "We threw it in the trash accidentally, our grandson threw it off the balcony, my service dog ate it, or someone got into the room and stole it".

I am also looking to purchase the yellow kitchen sponges found in the Disney Villas. If you have the email where I can purchase them, please forward it to me. Thanks.

I am also looking to purchase the yellow kitchen sponges found in the Disney Villas. If you have the email where I can purchase them, please forward it to me. Thanks.
Try calling housekeeping at the resort. A manager there should be able to give you the info you seek.

It is interesting that the poster that found the answer seemed unwilling to post a link for purchase but rather requested that anyone desiring to know how to purchase should DM them instead. I can't imagine any forum rule that would be violated by posting a link for purchase of the sponges from a legitimate reseller or the manufacturer. What am I missing here, other than a link? Seems like a simple question with a simple answer that's definitive and yet it has gone on for months and multiple pages with still no definitive answer posted.

It is interesting that the poster that found the answer seemed unwilling to post a link for purchase but rather requested that anyone desiring to know how to purchase should DM them instead. I can't imagine any forum rule that would be violated by posting a link for purchase of the sponges from a legitimate reseller or the manufacturer. What am I missing here, other than a link? Seems like a simple question with a simple answer that's definitive and yet it has gone on for months and multiple pages with still no definitive answer posted.
I wondered that too, reading through the thread. :confused3

and yet it has gone on for months
Years. She started the post in 2008.
In 2015 she got the info and wrote:
I have the information, but not sure if its a good idea to put it out there for thousands of people to call up and order.
Which makes a lot of sense. Alas, in 2019...
So sorry everyone, I no longer have the contact information.

And she posted her process, which involved calling housekeeping. Except that they seem to be different sponges than back then.

I know it sounds silly, but I really like those little yellow sponges, its so easy to wash the dishes with them. Any idea where they are sold, or am I out of luck because they get them in huge bulk? (updated this in post #13 below)
I also love those little yellow sponges. Sometimes I think I actually go to Disney just to get the sponge(s) (one bedroom) and little tubes (thank goodness some of the deluxe resorts don't have those dumb shower units yet....I'm sure it's coming....but until, will always love the sanitary-ness (I realize it's not a word) of the tubes. One time when the 'tubes' were my beloved grapefruit & Bergamot, our villa had wet towels hanging all over from the previous guest. I told housekeeping we needed all new towels and she not only brought towels, she brought a HUMUNGOUS bag loaded with the several kinds of the little bottles. To this day, my husband teases me that you would have thought Housekeeping had brought me a million dollars.

I love the sponges a lot also. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t mind split stays.
Each DVC resort has the sponge as I’ve stayed st most of them except SSR.

Several years ago I actually bought some on eBay because I ran out of the extra ones I took home from a split stay.

I cannot believe this thread is still popping up, I started it back in 2008!! The yellow sponge, alas, has evolved since then. However, I still am using the same box of sponges they originally sent me that had 188 sponges in them. I no longer have their contact info, I am quite sure the company that is producing them now has changed, as the product is different from 2008.

I am the OP, back from 2008. See my response above. I remember not posting info at the time, because I tracked them down by calling BC Housekeeping and the company I called, did me a personal favor by sending me an open box. I did not want to have a thousand people from the Dis, call them and start asking them to do the same. So my advice now, is to call Disney Housekeeping and ask what vendor they use now, and perhaps they'll pass on a contact number. Good luck!

Oh boy..one night at Poly DVC and 2 nights at BLT ?.
. I have never used the sponge in over 20 years of membership.
Now I only want my sponges apparently to hope for as I celebrate a Happy New Year.
Maybe Santa will bring us stockings full of sponges next year !
A heart shaped box too and in my Easter basket .

I am the OP, back from 2008. See my response above. I remember not posting info at the time, because I tracked them down by calling BC Housekeeping and the company I called, did me a personal favor by sending me an open box. I did not want to have a thousand people from the Dis, call them and start asking them to do the same. So my advice now, is to call Disney Housekeeping and ask what vendor they use now, and perhaps they'll pass on a contact number. Good luck!
Bizarre that this thread is 14 years old, DVC no longer even uses the same sponges & yet the thread, like Lazarus, keeps rising from the dead.
Equally bizarre is that through the years on the very day that 7 posters opened new DIS accounts they asked about the sponges & then poof, they disappeared never to post again 🤷‍♀️. Who joins a forum about everything Disney - the rides, the hotels, the restaurants, the cruises, etc., etc. - & all they want is info. about a little yellow/green sponge in the DVC villas?
For the record, I’ve never been enamored w/ the DVC sponges - too small & yellow, I choose my home sponges based on color to match my kitchen decor 😂.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter