I made a planning spreadsheet...new link on page 94 to get spreadsheet

caseyem67

PrincessKelly
I finally got tired of writing and erasing and doing over my plans...so I figured why not do a spreadsheet and make it MUCH easier? I would write my dates in columns, add the hours/parades/EMH, etc and then plan my park days and ADR's from there. I kept redoing it and finally got tired of writing the same stuff over and over. So, if anyone wants to take a look, I will email it to you! So far it has worked for me.

Scuba Cat has been kind enough to put this on Google. Please read the post on page 94 for directions. This will save me from having to send individually.

Thanks, Scuba Cat!!

Me too, please!
Call me crazy, but I actually get a kick out of planning trips...I've alreay begun for my January '08 visit!

lil_foxx@hotmail.com

Thanks!

I have been using Excell for a few years as well.

I break mine into 4 columes ( Am,afternoon,PM and Extra)

Then do rows for each day. What park ,Special event (parade fireworks M&G)

I keep a few lines for each one for ADRs and Numbers .

Places in Red, Times in Green , Event in Blue , Special attention in Purple.

It makes it real easy to find stuff that way.

So do these spreadsheets really work to help maximize the time in the park? It seems like a lot of extra work. I have our maps and what are to be the first to go to things, but don't plan on having reservations as of yet, still haven't decided on doing Cap n Jack or the Coral Reef?? for our last dinner. Just curious to see what all the fuss is about on these spreadsheets.

So do these spreadsheets really work to help maximize the time in the park? It seems like a lot of extra work. I have our maps and what are to be the first to go to things, but don't plan on having reservations as of yet, still haven't decided on doing Cap n Jack or the Coral Reef?? for our last dinner. Just curious to see what all the fuss is about on these spreadsheets.

We don't use them in the parks but at the hotel to see what our week looks like and if anything needs to be changed.

I do keep my ADRs and a flight info on my Calender on my cell as a reference.

I guess it just help with trying to remember what we wanted to see at what times on the major stuff. It's just a quick reference thats very easy to look over.

DW doesn't do early EMH with DD and myself as we do all the big rides that she doesn't do. When she gets up and about she will see where we are and decide to join us or meet us at our next park.We hop all the time so it helps.

I have been using Excell for a few years as well.

I break mine into 4 columes ( Am,afternoon,PM and Extra)

Then do rows for each day. What park ,Special event (parade fireworks M&G)

I keep a few lines for each one for ADRs and Numbers .

Places in Red, Times in Green , Event in Blue , Special attention in Purple.

It makes it real easy to find stuff that way.

Great idea on using colors--thanks! I will have to change a few things. Don't know why I didn't think to look on these boards before I designed my own---you can find EVERYTHING Disney here!

I don't use mine to necessarily maximize time in the parks directly. I like to plan around EMH (avoiding those parks) and knowing at a glance what time all parades and hours are for our week. I think it makes it easier to look at it all on one page to then add ADR's. I can see if we have lots of breakfasts in a row or lots of sit-down dinners in a row that I might want to change to spread out better. Things like Spectromagic aren't done everyday--the spreadsheet helps with seeing that too. Like I said earlier, for me it was really about getting tired of making up the same thing on a piece of paper over and over again. I was basically drawing a spreadsheet three, four or five times per trip after I made changes.

I am new to this forum and planning on our first trip with our daughters in June. I am a "plan-freak", always have to schedule everything, but am really trying not to sweat it and just be happy and go with the flow. But I can't resist a well-planned spread-sheet. My email is casnider29@yahoo.com. I would love to see it.

Oh....I think I plan to my limit but curiosity has the best of me and I would like to know what your spreadsheet contains and if it can make my days at Disney more efficient. Please send to me.

wdwbound@aol.com

Thank you!
Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter