I need a new board game

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
Our group is ready to play something new so I'm looking for suggestions.

Here are some of the games we have played and liked:

Eldritch Horror
Random Encounters
Terraforming Mars
Clank!
Legendary
Killer Bunnies
Munchkin
Race/Roll for the Galaxy

What are some of your favorites?

Knowing ages might help for suggestions.

I like Mancala. Easy to learn and games can be played in a few minutes. Good for any age. My 6 year old plays with me.

Telestrations

And not for a group - but I found a great "Chess" starter game called "No Stress Chess" which is super fun for kids just learning, or anyone who does not want a stressful long Chess game ;) You can just take the cards with you (for example on a cruise) and use any Chess set. I suppose 4 could play if you wanted a team of 2 on each side ...

I’m a fan of the classics: go, chess, checkers, backgammon, Uno.

I think it’s called 3D Stratego if you can find it its fun. Boggle is great for word lovers. Have a love hate relationship with Monopoly. Great mentally but doesn’t bring out the best in many people.

If you want a step up from Terraforming Mars, try Ark Nova. On the same level as what some of what you listed, I'd go with Gizmos, Wingspan, Everdell, or Fantastic Factories. Slightly easier: Flamecraft is huge in this house right now, or Dog Park (we're all about the cuteness these days) or anything from the Welcome To line.

We really like pandemic. It's a cooperative game where goal is to stop a pandemic. Each game is different and it's exciting.

Project L was the best game that I have played in years. It can take up to four people and is the game I would rescue from a burning building or take to a deserted island as long as I had someone to play with. Highly recommend!

We also enjoy Splendor and have the Cities of Splendor expansion.

We are a gaming family that has hundreds of games spread between our households. I don't game as much anymore, but my son has picked up my enthusiasm and buys a lot and is willing to share. I ordered The Animals of Baker Street on Amazon's Black Friday sale and I am looking forward to playing it over the holidays.

Hogwarts Battle
Everdell
Pandemic
Telestrations - if a big enough group
Fluxx

Various Jackbox games are fun too...

Your gaming list is solid! If you're up for a twist, try Double Deck Pinochle. It's a classic card game with a strategic edge, might add a different flavor to your sessions. Plus, it's great for groups.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter