I need everyone's input please.....do we dare go week after Christmas?

We have been the past two years and it has become our favorite time to go. Love the Christmas atmosphere. Lots to do beyond the rides. It is busy but with a plan, it is awesome. We will be there again this year, even with the crazy Star Wars crowds.

We are already book and paid for Christmas week ! We did Christmas week 2018 and though we were really worried about the crowds, it was awesome! Best trip yet! We were at WDW a few days before and the week after Irma and the parks were empty as in walk on everything including 7DMT but we will take the crowds at Christmas over an empty park any time! I know it will be more crowded this time but really, how much worse can it be?
This was 12/27 mid day. Still had a great time.
IMG_5173.jpg

Have a good plan - fastpasses booked, ADRs made, etc. During a busy time, a good plan is the most important thing. You are lucky that you are a frequent visitor and can focus on the holiday happenings. That takes a lot of the stress off. I would rather deal with wall to wall people when it’s cool in December than during the blazing heat of July 4th.

I should add that I took my father for his first visit in 20 years during Christmas week 2014. We only did 2 park days (covering all 4 parks) and I thought we covered a ton of ground. WeWall hadha greatgtime and did allaour must-dos (although we missed both Soarin' and Spaceship Earth due to heavy crowds). And that's with my father moseying along, picking up snacks for breakfast at 8am in MK (PRIME touring time!!), stopping at the arcade (also during prime touring time), and so on and so forth. I had a very solid, carefully crafted plan and it worked out really well (other than a couple of to-be-expected snafus). Our longest line was over half an hour at Journey of the Little Mermaid, mostly because I tried to follow reported wait times instead of Disney's posted wait times (Disney was right).

It is so fun being there for NYE! I did it for the first time last year and was a little nervous about the crowds. I think because Disney knows its going to be crazy they are fully staffed, have CM who help direct traffic when walking so everything flows better. It felt more crowded when I went the last weekend than Magic Kingdom did on NYE. Traffic can be bad, so staying at a hotel that helps you avoid the roads would be really helpful, like a Magic Kingdom resort or Epcot resort. With those new skyway things you could also stay at those hotels and help avoid some of the traffic.

Disney will send out park capacity notifications, check on here to see what phase it's actually. Many times you can still get in, but the way they word it makes it sound like everyone is closed out.

ADRs are important. It's going to be really busy at Quick Services, so lines will be really long and then finding a table after will be even harder. Having a place you can sit and relax away from the crowds is very helpful.

Make sure to book all your fast passes. You might be able to pick up more later on in the day, but it's good to know you'll have three rides you'll for sure get on without a long wait.

SWGE opens this year- officially August 19, 2019.

Actually, the opening date is August 29th, not 19th. I know this was probably just a typo, but want to make sure no one reads here & then plans for the wrong date! :laughing:

Actually, the opening date is August 29th, not 19th. I know this was probably just a typo, but want to make sure no one reads here & then plans for the wrong date! :laughing:

Clearly, I can not type. :rotfl2: Thanks! I will go back and fix it in the earlier post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter