I need Help on Planning a SUPRIZE Engagement at WDW !!!

Dizneyman71

Earning My Ears
Ladies and gentleman I need your help!!! I have a very special women in my life I would like to propose to.
Let me tell you a little about us ….We met online about a year ago my heading was Dizneyman looking for Dizneygirl that is how I met Jennifer. She responded to my ad, she is a great person very out-going, intelligent, and family oriented. We are a team now ready to conquer all that life throws our way.
I have been collecting Disney for about 15 years now and love every minuet of it I have been to WDW no less then 48 times in the past ten years, it is a place where I can relax and come back to reality, watch all the people, families, and children living there dreams, loving life. There is no place better then Disney !!
This is where I need your help I need some special romantic, crazy, and off the walls ideas so I can propose I am looking for something different something no one has done.
We will be going there at the end of February for Business :) and will be staying at Fort Wilderness so time is a ticking please help !!! e-mail me with your ideas

Thank you !!!
Ryan
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Welcome to the DIS Ryan....and what a romantic first post! I can tell you that DH proposed to my while we were heading down the first drop on BTMRR....and me being the type to avoid rollercoasters, was too stressed to answer until after the ride. He re-asked in the Swiss Fam.Tree House...kinda like starting our own world...at least that's how it felt:D Try the community board, or the wedding/honeymoon board...I don't know how it could be arranged, but when you are in the front of the monorail approaching Epcot...it is truly a sight...maybe asking her then, and wanting to give her "the world"...corny, I know. You could talk to the driver of one of the monorails and co-ordinate somehow. There could also be a character meal plan...slip the ring to one of the characters, or ANY of the beautiful lands in Epcot! Whatever you decide upon will be magical for you both!

You could try Gifts of a Lifetime - see this LINK and click on the TRY THE PIXIES blue/green banner at the top of the page.
This is what that company does - help visitors plan elaborate surprises. I'm using them next week to help surprise a friend.

My fiance proposed at WDW. We had rented a water mouse at the Wilderness Lodge and then out on Bay Lake with Cinderella's Castle in the background he proposed. It was perfect. I would say if you want to do something different don't do what everyone else seems to do - propose right in front of the Castle with fireworks going off (not that it isn't good).

-How about on a carriage ride on Main Street?

-I love everything French and would have loved being proposed to in France at Epcot...is there some special interest she has you could leverage?

-Coordinating with a CM at a restaurant is good, too. They could bring out a domed dessert tray with the ring inside (that's how DH did it but it wasn't at WDW).

Wouldn't it be fun to be at Mickey's house (MK) with Mickey in a kneeling "proposal pose" before Minnie as you do the same? OK cornball...but that's what it's all about!

We went to the castle for dinner and it was beautiful. We saw a lovely proposal there and I thought it was a wonderful idea. Such a romantic place!

i too am planning on proposing to my girl on the next trip to wdw

it ll drive you crazy thinking about all the places you can ask the question

how about in mexico at epcot-the restaurant-looking at the ride
or even on the ride itself

i was even thinking about asking on the -Spaceshp earth-my gal made refernence to how she would love someone to ask her to marry her while traveling up on the ride

-or how about a night ride on TTA-traveling through tommorroland, looking at the castle-

so mnay options

good luck to you

bill

While we were walking up to the castle in Dec., I saw a couple having their photo taken by a family member.

We watched them, cause I wanted to take a photo there also.

Well...the gentleman asked the lady to stay where she was, he pulled out a ring and proposed. She cried, I cried, my daughter cried. (We were over to their right, so they did not see us).

He then gave her a Minnie Mouse bride.

We went up and congratulated them.
It was sooooo sweet!!

Then I hit my husband for not doing that for me! ;)

Lisajl

Although I am not yet engaged, my boyfriend surprised me for the millenium and took me to Disney on the "grand plan".
The most romantic part was taking the illuminations cruise. I think that would be a great time to propose you can have champagne and desserts and then propose durig illuminations - I think that would be great!

Good luck!

I asked my girlfriend to marry me last October.

After checking in on the first day, we went to Typhoon Lagoon and stayed there until we closed the park at 4:00.

I had planned to ask her either 1) in the Gazebo behind the English shops in EPCOT right before Illuminations or 2) in front of Cinderella's Castle. I was very nervous though and wanted to stay away from the crowds.

So after Typhoon Lagoon and before going to dinner, I just spontaneously got down on one knee and asked her in our room. I was glad that I did. I had flowers delivered to the room and had the ring in a little silver Cinderella's coach that I purchased over the internet. She fell apart and we both cried for a long time. I was glad in the end that we had privacy. And I was also glad that I did it early enough in the trip so that our nerves didn't build up more ... we had a wonderful engagement and then got on with having a wonderful Disney vacation.

The next day, we went to the Magic Kingom and I got down on one knee and asked her again in front of the castle. Although she started crying again, it was much shorter this time. I think privacy is a much bigger deal than you'll think it is now. Remember, both of you will be really nervous.

A few other ideas that I had but didn't have time to do:

1) Look into doing a EPCOT fireworks cruise. For $200 and you'll have Illuminations and still get your Privacy. See the boards regarding how to get a fireworks cruise. I think you have to call 90 days in advance.

2) I love the brick idea but they don't sell them any more. You can however, order a "Leave a Legacy" tile saying "Marry Me?" if you prepare (I think) three months ahead.

Also, try to do it early in the trip so she gets a chance to get used to wearing her ring over the vacation. My fiance was showing it off to all the people she could find in EPCOT. We went to dinner in Canada on our third night down there and all the waitresses kept coming over to our table to look at her ring. It was really cute.

Good luck, Karl

We were at Chef Mickeys in August when a gentleman proposed to his girlfriend in front of the entire restaurant..one of the managers came out and announced that they were having a contest that day and the winner would find a piece of paper taped to the bottom of their chair so everyone was supposed to turn their chair over to see if they had won..the woman 2 tables over from us yelled that she was the winner..I turned to look and saw that her boyfriend was down on his knee proposing to her..she said yes of course,the entire restaurant cheered, and we all felt like fools for looking under our chairs!!!!! It was great!! Good luck!!!

Angie~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter