I need some advice please

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I need some help from all you experts. My sister and myself, ages 33 and 26, are heading over to California next August. We will hopefully have 10 days to tour. We are both pretty relaxed, but enjoy a good adventure.

Here's where I need the advice.

If you had 10 days in California, in late August, with no children, want to include Disneyland, what else would you do? I kind of feel lost and am hoping for some good ideas.

We will have a car and are okay with driving. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jo :confused3

Take boat over to Catalina island for the day or spend the night
Visit:
Missions
Museums
Beaches - Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Santa Monica Beach
Visit Hollywood, La Brea Tarpits
See comedy show at either Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd or Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa Beach
House of Blues in Hollywood - on Sunset
Griffith Park Observatory - lazarium show
Concert at the Hollywood Bowl or Greek Theater, if they offer it
Drive down the 1, along the coast to San Diego
La Jolla
Newport Beach - bike ride & take the ferry over to Balboa Island

I'd spend at least 4 days at Disneyland/DCA - if you're into coasters 6 Flags in Valencia is a MUST. Knott's has some good rides as well.
Outside the parks -well, the Beach is a pretty obvious place to go. Muscle Beach or Venice are two of the best people watching places in the world. Go to Long Beach and tour the Queen Mary - or stay the night. They have Very fine dining aboard as well. Griffith Park has an awesome observatory.
Don't forget Hollywood- Mann's Chinese Theater or The Walk of Stars - or (window)shopping on Rodeo Drive....
Then there's the San Diego attractions - the Zoo, Sea World. I always wanted to take a day trip out to Catalina Island but never could find the time. Are you sure 10 days will be Long enough? :D
Find a good tour book - and keep reading the boards. There's a Ton of info on them.
Have a great time!
:goodvibes

I second the Catalina Island suggestion. It is such a beautiful place and the water was so clear and gorgeous. I kept thinking I was in Hawaii! :)

-Sally

Depending on how much you want to drive - I highly recommend taking the time to go up the coast to San Francisco( there is a lot to see on the way as well) also Yosemite is amazing. Have fun!

We just got back from our first trip to CA, and one of the most fun things we did was drive through the desert. Stopped in a little (and I mean LITTLE) town called Baker.

It was a hoot! They do have some pretty famous sites there. There's the World's Largest Thermometer (for real), Alien Beef Jerky (where actual aliens and their mothership guard the joint) and The World Famous Mad Greek Restaurant. Honest, if you have a good sense of humor and adventure, it's worth the drive. :sunny:

I just have to note that I've NEVER EVER heard of anyone EVER suggesting Baker as a destination!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
The tag line around here is "Have you stopped at Bun Boy in Baker? It's under new management, you know." (It had a sign for years stating it was 'under new management'.)

If you're going to Baker, you may as well commit and keep on driving to Vegas, baby! :cool:

bunninose said:
If you're going to Baker, you may as well commit and keep on driving to Vegas, baby! :cool:

X2 :teeth: ...and the Grand Canyon is only 1/2 day further.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. I am kind of overwhelmed at all that we can do.
I was wondering if anyone has ever done a Tiajuana (sp?) tour and what it was like.
I was also thinking about getting tickets for a TV show, but don't know where to start with this either. Any suggestions?
Thanks again, Jo

Tijuana can be fun for those that are outgoing and not afraid to rub shoulders with the locals. (One of my disapointments taking my wife was that she wanted no part of 'real' mexican food...she insisted on the Hard Rock Cafe.) Be prepared for VERY aggresive panhandling (word of advice...don't even look like you're reaching to give some money to one...you'll be mobbed with a dozen others.) and bargaining with shop clerks.

Use common sense and you'll have an adventure to brag about. pirate:

Check out my DL trip report from 2001 for our side trip to Tijuana and Mission Beach SD: http://www.wowway.com/~kitsune

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter