• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need some potluck help! Update!!

grover

DIS Veteran
Can you guys give me some idea's /recipes for a potluck out door bbq?? The main bbq food is already taken care of so I am looking for a salad, side dish or dessert idea. The folks eating will be people of all ages- it is a family bbq for my son's tae kwon do school. I have a couple of days and then must sign up what i will be bringing!! I would prefer to bring something that doesn;t need to be kept hot-will make it easier. Thanks in Advance Grover in Winnipeg :smooth:

Update: I think that I might want to take a dessert, any ideas of something I can make and take and that is very easy to do!!

Since it's apple season, how about something like a big pan of apple crisp? It's easy, it doesn't matter what temperature it is when you serve it and it's delicious and sort of healthy. What more could you ask for?

I have a GREAT Recipe for a shrimp, tomato, pasta salad with pesto. It is good, hot, cold or at room temp. PM me if you want me to post the recipe, it's YUMMY. We make it every year at our summer BBQ

Deb

I always take a pasta salad. I do one using Newman's Own Balsamic Vinegrette. As long as you don't put meat or shrimp in it, you don't need to worry about keeping it cold.

Or, how about the Crisp Rice Cereal Sushi recipe from Disney (California Grill)? Whenever our TKD school has anything, someone always brings dim sum or sushi. We're taking this to our next one. I think it'll be a hoot sitting next to the real sushi!

I like the apple idea.

Even just a pan of plain stewed apples with a bit of the cinnamon and red hots. I was just at a buffet dinner and there was a giant pan of stewed apples. It must have been a big hit as it seemed to be the only dish that was always empty.

Chessie

If there are going to be lots of kids there hwat about Rice Krispie Squares...or chocolate ones for variety.

I'm updating my recipe files & came across one I haven't made since DS was little - but it's easy!

Dump Cake
1 can sour cherries (or cherry pie filling)
1 can crushed pineapple
1 pkg yellow or white cake mix
1/2 lb margarine
1 c flaked coconut
1 c chopped pecans

In ungreased oblong pan, dump in order:
Cherries w/ juice
Pineapple w/ juice
Dry cake mix
Melt margarine & pour on top of cake mix; sprinkle coconut on top. Bake 30 min at 350. Variation - 1/2 cup margarine & skip coconut.

NOTE: One copy of this recipe says bake 30 minutes. The other says ~50 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter