I pack this.... just in case

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
What is that just in case item you pack - you know you will probably not need it - but just in case?

A lot of blogs I read suggested you pack a towl in your beach bag even if you are not doing water rides. I thought "well that's weird" but I read it so many places I went ahead and threw a beach tiwl in the backpack.

So glad I did! We had a water bottle leak one day, juice spill another day, it made for great extra stroller shade when DS fell asleep in the stroller, and we could sit on it while waiting for parades.

I always pack insect repellant wipes, not just for WDW but whenever we travel!:)

Ziplock bags and plastic bags (like from the grocery store)... We always end up using them for things like wet clothes, leftovers, things that need to be kept dry while in my bag, etc..

A lot of blogs I read suggested you pack a towl in your beach bag even if you are not doing water rides. I thought "well that's weird" but I read it so many places I went ahead and threw a beach tiwl in the backpack.

So glad I did! We had a water bottle leak one day, juice spill another day, it made for great extra stroller shade when DS fell asleep in the stroller, and we could sit on it while waiting for parades.

Great idea!!!

This is great just booked a surprise honeymoon and am now planning detail stuff so excited thanks.

I have a little "emergency travel pack" that always stays in my bag. It has bandaids, moleskin, neosporin, alcohol wipes, motrin, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, earplugs, extra ponytail holders, bobby pins, chapstick, and a small hairbrush. Also, I always keep 5-7 dollar store ponchos in my bag as well. You never know what you could need!

Completely agree with bandaids and neosporin. I never travel without them.
I almost always also carry tweezers and/or nail clippers.

Extra hairbands/clips - always!
Small hairbrush - always!
Dental floss - yep!

Oooo, one other thing.
About a year ago, I came across these things called "True Lime" and "True Lemon" at Walmart. They are individual packets (think size of Sweet & Low, etc) of lime or lemon crystals that you can mix in water or other drinks. I carry at least 3 in my purse at all times but I also carry them in anything I pack, including our backpack we use in the parks.

Aspirin, the pink stuff and sinus meds. It never fails we need them. As a matter of fact, I have a whole bag of meds. You just never know.

Batteries. Trust me, they cost a fortune. It only took one trip for me to add to the list of things to never forget.

I also take small samples of laundry soap like Tide etc for doing laundry the end of the week. A friend of mine uses those PODs that are popular now. She takes one out of each package starting a couple months before and brings them with her. No extra soap costs.

K

Its also great for the those days when it rains. Use the towel to wipe off the seats in the shows. We did this one year at Fantasmic. No wet rears!

K

Its also great for the those days when it rains. Use the towel to wipe off the seats in the shows. We did this one year at Fantasmic. No wet rears!

K

I read one post that suggested using a "swimmers towel" they're made of a chammy-type material and are very absorbent. Takes up very little room in a bag and great for wiping off wet benches and rides.

Just a couple of things I pack for WDW. Laundry pods, zip locs (large and small), power strip, band aids, Downey wrinkle release, eye glass repair kit (lost one of the screws one year in my glasses and could not find one anywhere. Finally, conceirge had one). I also throw in a couple of hangers from the dry cleaners. Never enough hangers in the room and then I leave them when we check out. Also, I pack a container of sugar and tea bags. There is never enough sugar packets and no tea bags.

For each person, I pack one entire outfit, from the skin out, and put it into someone else's suitcase.

We've never had the airline lose a suitcase. But if they did, it would buy us a day.

Eyeglass repair kit, if you wear glasses or sunglasses. When dh's glass hinge came off we paid $20 to but a little kit inside Disney. I now always bring the @ home price $1 kit with us.

For each person, I pack one entire outfit, from the skin out, and put it into someone else's suitcase.

We've never had the airline lose a suitcase. But if they did, it would buy us a day.

Love this! Will so do this next time

Great idea.

We are a Cub Scout family and bandanas are on the list. Last meeting we had over 28 things you can use them for. Also with them in numerous colors each person gets a color.

I usually bring a shoe-box size Tupperware full of medicines, plus the one size up (cant remember the actual size) first aid box. We have yet to use much besides Motrin and blister pads but it always makes me feel better to have. I also carry a quart ziplock in the bag full of meds and band aids/neo.

I usually bring a shoe-box size Tupperware full of medicines, plus the one size up (cant remember the actual size) first aid box. We have yet to use much besides Motrin and blister pads but it always makes me feel better to have. I also carry a quart ziplock in the bag full of meds and band aids/neo.

I love this idea of using a Tupperware.

Moleskin and an extra pair of my eyeglasses. I'm visually impaired and have specialty lenses that cost almost $1000. It would take weeks to get a new pair made, if I could find an optometrist there who could do it.

Without them I am totally blind, so my "backup" pair always goes with me and into the parks or anywhere else I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter