I pack this.... just in case

Blister bandaids
Memo clips or rubber bands to close bags of snacks.
No need to pack extra hangers just ask housekeeping they will give you more.

Reuse a M & M container and fill it with quarters to pay for tolls and to wash clothes.

A pump bottle of hand soap. I cant stand to pick up a slimy bar of soap to wash my hands.

Frog Togg towel to keep cool on those hot summer days.

Lysol wipes to clean the hotel room. You would be surprised at how dirty a Disney room can be. Just look at a lysol wipe.

I pack a gallon size ziplock bag to put the TV remote in after watching a video of a guy putting the remote in the cheek of his bum to change the channels:eek:

I also put our rain ponches inside of a gallon ziplock bag after we use them. Keeps from getting other things wet in my bag.

Put a label on all of you electronic devices!!! Include your phone number. If labeling a phone put your DH phone number on it and vice versa. That way they can track you down.
Download this app incase you loose your device http://www.wheresmydroid.com/

1. Ponchos: spent a little more on good ones from Bass Pro, was thankful we did, as we had to deal with TS Andrea at Epcot last week
2. A glow stick that doubles as a flash light and flasher. I got one of the same color for each of our party. Helped us standout during fireworks and after dark
3. First Aid kit: Target has a great deal going on where you get a free first aid bag with purchase of three first aid items. In the kit, neosporin, bandaids(all sizes), gauze, medical tape, ibuprofen, aspirin, antacid, dramamine, small scissors, little flashlight, tweezers, sewing kit, alcohol wipes, 4 - 5 nitrile gloves.
4. Clorox wipes travel pack
5. ziplock bags of all sizes
6. Roll of quarters(laundry, toll roads, smashed pennies)

Things I wish I would have taken:

1: TOILET PAPER(Charmin preferrably) the stuff at beach club was close to sand paper
2: Gatorade we typically stick to water but its nice to have something extra to bounce back from the heat
3: That swimmers towel that everyone talks about would have been nice, tried to find them at target and walmart but couldn't. Didnt spend much time
looking and I wish I would have.
4: a Second roll of quarters

For each person, I pack one entire outfit, from the skin out, and put it into someone else's suitcase.

We've never had the airline lose a suitcase. But if they did, it would buy us a day.

I learned the hard way to always pack a pair of underwear and a bra in my carry on. Sometimes you end up having to spend the night somewhere you hadn't planned and your luggage may not be available.

I always bring a small flashlight, just in case. It came in the most handy on my previous trip when it was just my mother and me travelling. There was one day when she was tuckered out and not feeling well and went back to the hotel way before I did. After I got back to the hotel she was already asleep and you know how dark those hotel rooms are! Not wanting to wake her up, but still needing to navigate my way to the bathroom, I shined my small flashlight on the ground and made my way there without tripping, bumping in to something, or waking her up. :goodvibes

I used to pack our nebulizer and medications, just in case, because someone might need a treatment while we were away, couldn't take a chance... Now that my kids are older, they've outgrown needing it and I can leave it home - allelujia!

Thermometer
All sorts of over-the-counter medications
Extra prescription medications
Dentemp in case a filling breaks
Over-the-glasses sunglasses as well as clip-on sunglasses
Extra prescription eyeglasses and the sunglasses that fit them
Extra glucometer and diabetes testing supplies

Here's mine:
travel sized baby wipes
cold medicine (DayQuil, NyQuil, Tylenol severe cold are only ones that work for me)
Headache medicine (Aleve)
Extra pair of contacts, in addition to my glasses for back-ups
Laundry detergent (can handwash and drip dry underwear and/or swimsuits at least if necessary)
A memory/SD card for each day (never lose memories if camera is lost/stolen)
tons of gallon sized baggies
Foot/leg lotion with caffeine to reduce swelling at end of the day (I use Sally Hansen version bought at Walmart--makes a HUGE difference)

Chilly pad for those very hot days, splenda packets (in case there aren't any at the food court) little night light for sink area, clothes pins to hold curtain together if it doesn't close properly, a wide mouth plastic bottle so that when I ask for ice at the CS places, I can easily poor the ice in and then water than crystal light packets.....that's it for now...

Once I brought a blender, styrofoam cups with lids and instant cappuccino mix. I started each day with a frozen cappuccino, drank it on the bus and into the parks. It was a light breakfast that kept me cooled off in the mornings.

Thanks for a great laugh!
My dearly departed Aunt would have bowed to you, for doing a one up on her.
She brought a toaster and a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter for my kids when we took a trip together ( shared a hotel room).

But a Blender, I LOVE IT:cool1:

An over the door shoe holder, the kind with pouches. Helps keep everyone's hygiene items organized and off the counters.

I take a few Clorox wipes in a ziplock bag. When we arrive at a hotel (or townhouse on our next trip), I wipe down remotes, door knobs, counters, light switches, etc. At least it might kill a few germs that are hanging around! I also wipe down tray tables on planes, especially if they look sticky or grimy.

We bring stuff already mentioned, but we also bring...

foaming hand soap for the bathroom in the hotel. I hate washing my hands with a bar of soap. Plus, it's less messy.

Twist ties
Ziploc bags (for toiletries, snacks, etc.)
Envelopes (for receipts, etc.)
3M command strips and hooks (BLT doesn't have enough towel bars in their 2nd bedroom for a family of 4!)
coffee filters (we buy a can of coffee but bring the filters from home instead of buying a pack of 50 or 100 from Garden Grocer)
night light for bathroom
anti-itch cream (for bug bites and rashes)
band-aids and ointment
binder clips (to hold curtains shut and to close potato chip/pretzel bags)
empty packable tote bag (for all those souvenirs that won't fit into the luggage!)
burp cloths (like other people said about carrying a small towel; our kids are teens now but we still have the burp cloths around for those little spills and messes when travelling!)
Purel
packable windbreaker (even in the middle of summer, there are times when we're in a restaurant and it's so cold our daughter is miserable - especially at Liberty Tree Tavern - they keep their A/C set to "arctic"!)
mesh wash bag (for putting delicates in the washing machine)
carabiners (never know when you'll need one to fix a broken sling bag strap or whatever!)

Most of mine were mentioned but a few:

Collapsible bottle drying rack, small dish soap and a roll of paper towels for washing out refillable mugs when we get back to the resort. The mug rinsing sinks always look gross to me and I have to be able to wash the mugs with soap. I wash them out when we get back to our room and they are clean and ready to go in the morning.

A canister of Clorox wipes and a can of Lysol. Wipes for surfaces, Lysol for tub, sink, toilet, floor etc. I clean when we check in and then again on the nights when we've had maid service during the day (we don't need it every day, plus I hate the thought of them dragging in God knows what from other rooms.

Hangers because there are never enough in the room and clothes pins for hanging wet bathing suits or anything else that comes up.

Stroller rain cover

Small Rubbermaid box to store toiletry items. Can easily be closed up and moved out of the way for the days housekeeping comes to clean.

Pump hand soap for the sink

Twist ties
Ziploc bags (for toiletries, snacks, etc.)
Envelopes (for receipts, etc.)
3M command strips and hooks (BLT doesn't have enough towel bars in their 2nd bedroom for a family of 4!)
coffee filters (we buy a can of coffee but bring the filters from home instead of buying a pack of 50 or 100 from Garden Grocer)
night light for bathroom
anti-itch cream (for bug bites and rashes)
band-aids and ointment
binder clips (to hold curtains shut and to close potato chip/pretzel bags)
empty packable tote bag (for all those souvenirs that won't fit into the luggage!)
burp cloths (like other people said about carrying a small towel; our kids are teens now but we still have the burp cloths around for those little spills and messes when travelling!)
Purel
packable windbreaker (even in the middle of summer, there are times when we're in a restaurant and it's so cold our daughter is miserable - especially at Liberty Tree Tavern - they keep their A/C set to "arctic"!)
mesh wash bag (for putting delicates in the washing machine)
carabiners (never know when you'll need one to fix a broken sling bag strap or whatever!)

Brilliant. We have tons.

cortisone and calamine.
moleskin.
no one has said a small pair of scissors yet, for just about everything
extension cord with extra outlets
stain pen or spray
copy of credit card numbers and customer service in case of theft
external drive to back up laptop (which will back up pics from camera)

For each person, I pack one entire outfit, from the skin out, and put it into someone else's suitcase.

We've never had the airline lose a suitcase. But if they did, it would buy us a day.

I always split our luggage. 2 suitcases with 1/2 of everybody's stuff in each.

Ziploc baggies. I don't carry a diaper bag in the parks I just use the huge baggies with a few diapers and wipes much easier to grab and go.

A small, quick dry towel from a camping store. Great for after water rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter