I promised you some reviews so here we go! With pics to boot!

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
Went to WDW for 7 nights on the DDP and loved it. This is the 2nd time for DDP and it's great. Not sure I would want to go without it. As I can't find my reciepts at the moment I can't post totals vs credits but I will do that later on the DDP board.

Cast of characters:
Me (36) A WDW F-R-E-A-K who lives, eat, breathes and sleeps all things Disney. My sole mission in life is to convert everyone (starting with my children) over to my "Disney" way of life!

DH (35) Who is slowly being converted by me into a WDW F-R-E-A-K. The conversion is truly happening ... as shown by the purchase of 3 Disney watches and a Mickey wedding band on this last trip. I knew I could turn that Man into a Mouse lover sooner or later!

DS(10) Mommy's boy. Totally. Sweet to a fault but a little skiddish at times. Almost loves WDW as much as me ... I can really see the conversion taking effect. Loves to collect pins (Hook 'em .. hook 'em!) and seemed to be developing a crush on his 15 year old Cousin. Sigh, they grow so fast.

DS(7) Who decided Stitch was his "FAVORITE" on this trip. They are kindred spirits him and Stitch. Cute, cuddly and destructive. He also loves to collect pins, ONLY Stitch pins ...and bless his heart he made his mommy proud when he decided he wanted autographs this trip. I am so raising them right!

DN(15) Dear Niece age 15 who would permanently attach a cell phone to her ear if she could. Totally spoiled on this trip and kept exclaiming "We are eating AGAIN?" only to then profess once sitting down that she was NOT sharing ... eating every bite served to her ... and then picking at my DS's plates. Where oh where does it all go?

So that is the "Crew" ... Yo' ... the W-D-W crew. Are you down with Disney?
We had a little DPP at the WDW in the big FL. Word.

OK. Our first night we ate at Concourse Steak House. We hit traffic and got in later than we thought so I had to call and push back our ADR's twice! We are lucky that they had openings with it being Labor Day Weekend. We took the latest ADR we could for 9:50 PM, checked in, rested then went to dinner.

The place was quiet and not much going on, a contrast to Chef Mickeys next door. The atmosphere was just right for us since we were road weary and tired. Our CM seemed to be a little cranky at first but we smiled and chatted her up and she turned right around and warmed up to us. (Sometimes that is all it takes, she'd had a long day and we realized that.)

My DS10 decided he didn't feel well so Daddy walked him back to our room. Where our room was at he could have stepped out into the hallway and yelled down at us if he needed us! LOL!

Anyway ... on with the Appetizers!

First we had rolls. They were good ... for rolls.

25999CSH1-thumb.jpg

For apps DH had the scallops, they were OK. Not the best but OK. I had the wings and OMG they were soooo good, everyone was stealing them! DN15 had the onion rings with dipping sauces and that was tasty. DS7 had the shrimp which I knew he would not eat but the server said they were really good and to get them ... they were really good, fresh and plump.

So - Scallops "ok" ... Onion rings "good" ... Wings n shrimp "Excellent"

25999CSH2-thumb.jpg

25999CSH3-thumb.jpg

On to the main course ...

I had the glazed rib eye. I liked it but would have liked it better without the glaze. It was cooked just right and tasty though. DH had the filet which was really good. DN had the prime rib and I have to laugh because she went from meduim well to meduim to meduim rare for her beef dishes on the course of the trip ... we converted her! The prime rib was ok ... but could have had more flavor, but she got it medium so that was probably why. DS got the rainbow grilled cheese sandwich. Very odd and I'm not sure he liked it since the bread was so thick. Talk about expensive for a grilled cheese! But we were on the DDP so who cares, I let him get what he wanted. Oh, by the way those potatoes ... the mashed ones ... mmmmmmmmmm.

So glazed rib eye & filet "very good" Prib " Good " Grilled Cheese "OK"
The mashed potatoes on the side ... very yummy!

25999CSH4-thumb.jpg

25999CSH5-thumb.jpg

DESSERT TIME!

Dessert was a little limited, it was late and they were out of some stuff or something like that.

DN & DH got the Carrot Cake. DN thought it was good but DH said it was a little too much coconut. I got choc cake, very rich. Most of the cake got brought back to the room and DN & DS7 ate it the next day. DS7 had the Mickey paint cookie ... very cute!

Overall dessert was "ok" ... nothing spectacular, but not bad either.

25999CSH6-thumb.jpg

25999CSH7-thumb.jpg

So that was our experience at the CSH. We rated it about a 7 out of 10. Overall food was good, cooked right and service was fine!

Wow! That review took some time with all the pictures. My next review will be of Ohana's dinner. I also have WCC, Cali Grill and more coming soon!

WDWO

thanks for the review. *How* did they make that grilled cheese sandwich? is the bread itself colored with food coloring? i would think that alone could make it taste weird.

can't wait for the rest of your reviews -- we're headed out in a couple of days, and we're eating at CG!!!

Thanks for coming back and posting ... I almost gave up on you! Great review and pics; can't wait for the rest (though I may have to .. lol!).

Great reviews and pics, looking forward to more! :eeyore:

We picked CSH for our "Rest Day" dinner, were the wings spicy, hot or what? The kids love wings but we are from Buffalo area so can be picky and they don't like hot or spicy.I have tried without success to convince the others that staek needs to be rare to be the tastiest. I am looked on as a cannibal almost!!We hoped DGS would pick the Rainbow grilled cheese but maybe not!! Thanks for the review.

english rose 47 said:
We picked CSH for our "Rest Day" dinner, were the wings spicy, hot or what? The kids love wings but we are from Buffalo area so can be picky and they don't like hot or spicy.I have tried without success to convince the others that staek needs to be rare to be the tastiest. I am looked on as a cannibal almost!!We hoped DGS would pick the Rainbow grilled cheese but maybe not!! Thanks for the review.

The wings were sweet ... not hot at all. Kinda like sticky wings. Mmmmm good.

I am sorry to everyone that I am so slow. Just been a busy time for me. I will work on doing another review this weekend!

WDWO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter