I switched so please tell me I made the right decision!

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
I've been lurking around here the past couple of weeks and reading people's comments about RPR and HRH just out of curiousity and saw a comment regarding the difference in room size between the two, namely deluxe vs standard. I thought I'd call Universal and see if the had the ENT rate at HRH for my dates while having the gut feeling they wouldn't, and low and behold, they did! I hadn't even considered HRH until after I started reading the dedicated thread about the resort. We have 3 boys ages 10, 12 and 15 and I had reserved a room for the 5 of us at RPR. Don't get me wrong, the place looks beautiful. But for some reason HRH was beginning to appeal to me more and more due to the pool and theme (my husband is a DJ). So I took the plunge and switched. They gave me a rate of $169 a night for a significantly larger room to boot. So tell me, did I make the right choice?

We stayed at HRH last year, and going again this year. Considering the ages of your boys and that DH is a DJ ~ I think you absolutely made the right decision. It has a great atmosphere. Enjoy!

I just read a thread entitled " What is the best Universal Resort?" I think you might want to read that ~ it should make you feel good about your decision.

To be honest everyone asks this question really does it matter u are on holiday and out to enjoy yourself last year we stayed 2 weks best western florida mall cheap & cheerful the kids loved it we had a great time this year because of promotion we are staying 2 weeks RPR everyone has an opinion but really I think its all in the frame of mind enjoy yourself:jester:

You made a great decision. We love the deluxe rooms at HRH. We have two teens, a boy and a girl so having three beds works out best for us. You will really appreciate the extra space.

We're staying at RPR this time since it is DS's favourite. However, I know it is going to be a squeeze, even bringing along an air mattress.

You made the right decision. Your boys are a great age for the HRH and you DJ DH will love the underwater sound system at the pool. The rooms are bigger, too.

You definitely made the right decision. We just returned a few days ago from our first stay at the HRH - deluxe room, club level, and it was awesome. Your kids...and your husband...will absolutely love it!!!

I have stayed at RPR, PBH and will now try the HRH. I don't think you can miss out with any of the three. Have fun!

ShannonP,

How did you get a club level deluxe room? Did you make a request for a deluxe room, or did you request a specific room number?

It's not club level, it's just a deluxe room. I called Universal reservations Saturday morning and asked if they by any chance had the ENT rates for our dates, 8/23-8/26 and they did. I got a rate of $164 per night which I feel is excellent. I'm paying $100 more a night at WDW for a smaller room with less amenities. I'm very happy with the choice I made. I really didn't expect a discount for August, thought they'd all be gone by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter