"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR *COMPLETE* **NEW TR LINK!!** 7/3

So excited for another one of your TRs!

I read through most of this yesterday on my phone but now I get to comment for real. Poor Paxton and the rumbly in his tumbly! I'm glad he wasn't sick. Poor guy must've been really confused!

I love the pictures of DS being silly on the chair with his legs in the air, lol

I don't know if anyone else answered this or not about the iPad... any chance it ever got wet?My iPhone went swimming in the toilet a few weeks ago (my fault, can't even blame it on the baby...) even though it was in an Otterbox, it still got water in the speakers. I did the rice trick overnight and when I turned it on the next morning it seemed to be working fine. Except no sound was coming out of the speakers. After some google research, I found out that it was the result of a short from it getting wet. I tried a few tricks, not sure exactly what worked or if it was the combination... I stripped some cotton off of q-tips and kept swirling it around in the headphones jack. Used a hair dryer (not for long enough to make the phone hot, and from a distance because my hair dryer is HOT) and this one seems random but after I did this once it finally worked again... stick a credit card in the charging slot.

I'm glad all of your travels went smooth.

Your room for the night looks really nice! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures of the Royal Pacific room. We stayed there one night too & I forgot to take pictures!! We loved it too & wished we had more nights there. Can't wait to see the rest of your report.

YAY!! So happy to see you've already started the TR! I never really got through the PTR BUT love your TRs of course. It was fun following along with your photos on Facebook, too!!

Sounds like visiting my parents, with the many many dogs and uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. So nice you didn't have to deal with that this time and you were able to have a leisurely morning (though, I am wondering - did you peek at Southwest's website to see if you could change to an earlier flight?! LOL I so would have!)

So glad your parent's house is all put back after the hurricane, BTW.

I can't wait for Aria to TALK and TELL us what she wants - you mentioning Paxton was upset that he was hungry (well first thing in the morning it was just his tummy hurting, later on he said he was hungry). Must be nice! And a 10 minute nap - can't wait to read how the rest of the day goes, that's amazing he woke up so quickly.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on RPR - was it your first time there? The room looks great. I know you said before that Paxton is much too big for a PnP right, so did he sleep in the bed? I am thinking that for our trip next October we will be doing bed rails for Aria, though she still sleeps in a crib or pnp right now so that's all new to me.

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Finally got caught up through your PTR for you to start your TR!

DS is adorable. DD went on her first trip a few days before 3. It was a perfect age to watch experience Disney.

Can't wait to read about US and WWOHP. We did US once probably 12 years or so ago. Hoping to to US/WWOHP next October!

Great way to start a TR... pixiedust:

DS watches this movie pretty much every night before bed. And it is still my all time favorite Disney movie! :thumbsup2

It just seemed SO appropriate with how much DS's love for Peter Pan took over this trip. And we listen to that song ALL the time at DS's request, and it stuck in my brain as I was ready to start writing. I love the movie, but I REALLY adore the attraction! What a year for it to be down for our entire trip, right? :sad2:

So... is this your way of saying he just shows up to work, leaves total chaos in his wake and eats donuts all day and naps on the job? :confused3 :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Well, he apparently does do most of those things, especially the donut-eating. :lmao: It came up when we happened to be watching it recently and I commented about him making sure he doesn't accidentally bring any glowing radioactive sources home with him because he's just so happy to be leaving at the end of the day!

Hey! You left out his favorite restaurant. Via Napoli, I assume?

I almost did put in a restaurant for him, but then I realized it would be pretty much any place he could eat chicken nuggets or pizza. So yes, I guess it would be VN since it fulfills one of those requirements!!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

But I totally understand what you mean.

Now she calls ME for planning advice! Never would have thought...

I just listened to that one yesterday! Yeah, I'm a little bit behind on my podcasts. :lmao: I'm glad that this wasn't the problem you experienced. :crazy2:

After this trip, I am SO behind!! But that one got me all freaked out right before our trip. :rotfl: I always worry about one of us getting really sick during our trips, but appendicitis is one of those REALLY scary things because no amount of handwashing or Vitamin C is going to protect you from that one! As I was listening to the podcast I just kept shaking my head and saying, "It's appendicitis. It has to be appendicitis!" :rotfl: Spoiler alert: we all returned home with all unnecessary internal organs completely intact!

Good plan! :thumbsup2

I figured, might as well since we were stuck at the back of the plane anyway, right?! :confused3

Looking forward to seeing what you got to do at CityWalk and the Studios! I hope you can give me some good information to help sway me one way another for our trip. :rolleyes1

Get your credit card ready for the inevitable Universal Studios ticket purchase. :lmao:

By the way, I downloaded the book, Ears of Steel, last week. There was a certain part of the book that made me think of you. The author went on a mini-rant about the Eat to the Beat concert series and the bands they have. A certain band got a little extra attention. :rolleyes1

I'm sure it was a GLOWING review!!!

I'm here! I enjoyed all your Instagram pictures while you were there, so obviously I'd enjoy seeing them again. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm glad you enjoyed the Instagram posts!! I tried to keep it interesting but not give away too many of our magical moments so there would be lots for the TR! :goodvibes

I read through most of this yesterday on my phone but now I get to comment for real. Poor Paxton and the rumbly in his tumbly! I'm glad he wasn't sick. Poor guy must've been really confused!

I don't think he's ever been that hungry before, and it freaked him out! I remember a little girl at my mom's daycare once who got pins & needles in her feet for the first time and was FREAKING OUT which made the rest of us FREAK OUT until we realized what was going on!!

I love the pictures of DS being silly on the chair with his legs in the air, lol

I don't know if anyone else answered this or not about the iPad... any chance it ever got wet?My iPhone went swimming in the toilet a few weeks ago (my fault, can't even blame it on the baby...) even though it was in an Otterbox, it still got water in the speakers. I did the rice trick overnight and when I turned it on the next morning it seemed to be working fine. Except no sound was coming out of the speakers. After some google research, I found out that it was the result of a short from it getting wet. I tried a few tricks, not sure exactly what worked or if it was the combination... I stripped some cotton off of q-tips and kept swirling it around in the headphones jack. Used a hair dryer (not for long enough to make the phone hot, and from a distance because my hair dryer is HOT) and this one seems random but after I did this once it finally worked again... stick a credit card in the charging slot.

I'm glad all of your travels went smooth.

Your room for the night looks really nice! Can't wait to read more!

He's such a goofball!

Thanks for the tips on the iPad. I'll give it a try! It's almost like it still thinks the headphones are plugged in like something is maybe stuck in the jack?? Hopefully we can get it working again!

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures of the Royal Pacific room. We stayed there one night too & I forgot to take pictures!! We loved it too & wished we had more nights there. Can't wait to see the rest of your report.

No problem!! It had been awhile since we had been to RPR, and I was so impressed that it looked just as nice as I had remembered. Welcome aboard!

YAY!! So happy to see you've already started the TR! I never really got through the PTR BUT love your TRs of course. It was fun following along with your photos on Facebook, too!!

Sounds like visiting my parents, with the many many dogs and uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. So nice you didn't have to deal with that this time and you were able to have a leisurely morning (though, I am wondering - did you peek at Southwest's website to see if you could change to an earlier flight?! LOL I so would have!)

It definitely made for a much better sleepover than usual when we are there!! I actually DIDN'T look for an earlier flight, but only because we had gotten such a good deal on our flight that we would have ended up spending quite a bit more just to get there an hour or two earlier. Had we not caught a sale on the fare, I might have considered it!!

So glad your parent's house is all put back after the hurricane, BTW.

Thank you! After all was said and done, it's like a brand new house!

I can't wait for Aria to TALK and TELL us what she wants - you mentioning Paxton was upset that he was hungry (well first thing in the morning it was just his tummy hurting, later on he said he was hungry). Must be nice! And a 10 minute nap - can't wait to read how the rest of the day goes, that's amazing he woke up so quickly.

Oh man, has that been a blessing!! Sometimes he still has his moments where he is just crying and won't say why, but usually then we know it's just that he's cranky. When something is really wrong, at least he can clue us in if not tell us directly! As far as naps, he is kind of at an age where he still takes one, but it doesn't absolutely kill him not to have one. We just may have to put him down a little earlier that night. So he actually wasn't too bad after his 10 minute nap, although it caught up with him a little the next day!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on RPR - was it your first time there? The room looks great. I know you said before that Paxton is much too big for a PnP right, so did he sleep in the bed? I am thinking that for our trip next October we will be doing bed rails for Aria, though she still sleeps in a crib or pnp right now so that's all new to me.

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

We both really love RPR! I stayed there once on a trip with my family when I was in college, and then DH and I stayed there for a few nights on our honeymoon in '07. Maybe that is why Polynesian has become my dream resort for a potential anniversary trip one day? :laughing: It has that tropical vibe and everything is impeccable. I'll have more pics of the resort next update.

He is finally just too big for a PnP, so yes, he slept on the other bed. I thought it would be more of a big deal, but it really wasn't at all. I think RPR even has bed rails available, but we just used pillows under the fitted sheet and had no problem. I'm almost positive all of the Disney resorts have bed rails too.

Finally got caught up through your PTR for you to start your TR!

DS is adorable. DD went on her first trip a few days before 3. It was a perfect age to watch experience Disney.

Can't wait to read about US and WWOHP. We did US once probably 12 years or so ago. Hoping to to US/WWOHP next October!

:welcome:

All of trips have been magical, but 3 years old was really a whole new ballgame from 1 and 2. Watching him this year was just SO magical!! I just had to wipe away tears going through my Photopass pictures and seeing one of him hugging his idol Peter Pan and just looking so HAPPY.

I hope you can make it to WWoHP next year...spoiler alert: It's AMAZING!!!

I'm here, maybe this time (getting in early) I can keep up! :lmao:

Great start and I love the look of the rooms at RPH, I hope to stay there next time we are on property over there.

:welcome:

All of trips have been magical, but 3 years old was really a whole new ballgame from 1 and 2. Watching him this year was just SO magical!! I just had to wipe away tears going through my Photopass pictures and seeing one of him hugging his idol Peter Pan and just looking so HAPPY.

I hope you can make it to WWoHP next year...spoiler alert: It's AMAZING!!!

:) I have a picture like of DD from 2011 with Belle for the first time. She just started hugging and wouldn't let go!

It was open when we went in 2011, but we were only down for 5 days, and that's barely enough to do WDW! ;) I think we are looking at a Friday night to the next Sunday, but driving, we would head out of Baton Rouge Friday night and finish the drive Saturday morning and make the whole trek back on the following Sunday.

Day 1: Tuesday October 22nd

DS was really good on the flight, and for the first time we didn't have to worry about his ears! He had gotten PE tubes put in last December, so no struggling to get him to drink juice during takeoff or him getting grouchy because his ears hurt. It was wonderful! Once we could use electronics, we put on the iPad with his new headphones, and he was good to go. (As an aside, ever since using the iPad with the headphones, now no sounds comes out unless the headphones are plugged in...any suggestions???).

Here!! And LOVE the title which I think is perfect!

Our DS has the exact same headphones down to the color. Hmmm, wish I could could come up with a bright idea for your ipad other than doing the good ol turning it off then on trick. :goodvibes That's as far as my tech knowledge goes. :rotfl:

I was able to get the sound working again on the ipad! :woohoo: Apparently a small piece of plastic had broken off and fell down into the head phone jack. Getting it out consisted of me holding the ipad upside down in the air with a flash light looking into the head phone jack while using a tooth pick to try and get the piece out. Pretty funny looking but at least the piece is now out and working like normal.

Needless to say DS was ecstatic and only wanted to play with the ipad the rest if the night. :lmao:

Subscribing!

Great start so far :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Yay! Glad to have you along, Emma!

I'm here, maybe this time (getting in early) I can keep up! :lmao:

Great start and I love the look of the rooms at RPH, I hope to stay there next time we are on property over there.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I really love Royal Pacific! I haven't stayed at Portofino Bay yet, but having also stayed at Hard Rock Hotel, we definitely enjoyed RP a lot more. More calm and tropical and tranquil.

:) I have a picture like of DD from 2011 with Belle for the first time. She just started hugging and wouldn't let go!

It was open when we went in 2011, but we were only down for 5 days, and that's barely enough to do WDW! ;) I think we are looking at a Friday night to the next Sunday, but driving, we would head out of Baton Rouge Friday night and finish the drive Saturday morning and make the whole trek back on the following Sunday.

Aww, so sweet! :lovestruc

I know what you mean, and that was part of the reason we had skipped Universal the past 2 trips. The other part was that there was not much DS could ride, which still kind of happened this year, but that was why we only allotted one day there instead of our usual 2.

That's not too bad if you can get started driving on Friday night, then you will have at least some time on Saturday when you arrive. We haven't driven to Disney yet with DS, but I am thinking by the next time we go with probably a second child along, it will just make more sense to drive. Which totally bums me out because I have gotten so spoiled with the 1.5 hour flight!!

Day 1 Continued: Tuesday October 22nd

When I left off, we had just finished bringing our bags into our room at the Royal Pacific Resort and were ready to go exploring, and get something to eat. First, we couldn't go back through the lobby without checking out the fountain that DS had spotted! It's actually pretty cool because it is sectioned off from the actual lobby by glass walls and doors and when you go into the actual fountain area, there is no roof over you, so it's all very warm and tropical in there.

0035 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0036 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0037 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0038 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
I thought this sign was pretty funny!

0045 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
The master at work trying to get a photo of a lizard

0047 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Don't worry, I didn't let him throw the rocks and scare the elephants

0049 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

After getting a sufficient number of fountain photos, we went into the lobby to see about getting our tickets printed for the unlimited Express pass. They used to just make you show your room key, but I guess that led to too much dishonesty as there was no way to prove that was your name on the key. So now, they have kiosks in the lobby where you go insert your room key, it takes your photo, and prints out a paper slip with your photo and checkout date to use as proof of your unlimited Express pass in the parks. The kiosk wasn't working at that time, but the lady at the concierge desk said it is supposed to be available 24/7 so if we checked back later, it may be up and running. I was really hoping so, because I didn't want to have to take time to come down and do this the next morning!

0052 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
The check-in desk

0054 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

So then we were ready to head to CityWalk and look for something to eat. We had a choice between the water taxi or walking, and we opted to walk since we had the stroller.

0055 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
DS loved all these frogs playing different instruments on the wooden bridge from the lobby to the porte cochere.

0057 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
So pretty!

0059 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0060 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Closeup of a frog

0061 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0062 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0063 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

Continued in next post

Day 1 Continued: Tuesday October 22nd

After a bit of a walk and stopping at the bag check, we were in CityWalk! We came out right next to Margaritaville, where we thought we might want to eat. But we had a little trouble finding the host stand! We thought it was on the porch, but there was no one there. So we thought we might be too early for dinner since it was only around 4:30. We kept walking and came across Pastamore, an Italian place, but they definitely weren't open until 5 according to their sign. We walked through the big Universal gift shop right there while I tried to pull up the hours for Margaritaville on my phone, and it looked like they opened for lunch and stayed open until they closed down for the night. So we walked back over there and finally found the host stand, way far from where we thought it should be!

But, we finally found it, and I got our name on the list while DH took DS over to the side to look at all of the cool stuff hanging from the ceilings.

0064 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
I personally did not know it was illegal to molest conchs

0065 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
The airplane DS was dying to see!

0066 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Fish are friends, not food. Except here. Here, they're food

0067 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
My guys!

After waiting just a few minutes, our pager went off and we were seated at a table thankfully close to the plane, because DS kept saying he wanted to see it. I think he actually wanted to see INSIDE it, which is not an easy feat considering it's, well you know, hanging from the ceiling and all.

Here, instead of just the traditional crayons and paper kids menu, they gave DS Wikki Sticks to play with to keep him occupied while DH and I looked over our menus. I kept him busy by making shapes for him to identify while trying to decide what I wanted. I really thought about the Cheeseburger in Paradise, but figured I'd be eating a lot of burgers that week, so I was also considering the steak. But then the waitress came by and sold both DH and I on the fish & chips! We also ordered DS the kids chicken and asked for it to come out as soon as it was ready because he had been saying he was hungry for awhile.

While we waited for our food, I started trying out some of the Wikki Stick sample ideas on the paper that came with it, but I only had success making the eye glasses. DS was a fan!

0070 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
He's the next Harry Potter in those things!​

DS's food came out, and after all that whining of being hungry, he ate a few bites and said he was done. :sad2: We finally got our dishes, and OMG...the menu said 5 pieces of fish and I was thinking of the thin strips of catfish I typically get at seafood restaurants at home, but these pieces of fish were GIGANTIC!! It definitely ended up being way too much food, and DH and I could have definitely shared. Heck, with how little DS ate of his own meal, we all three probably could have shared!

0071 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

We tried in vain to put a dent in those dishes, but we all left a lot of food on our plates when we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant. After paying the bill, we headed outside and decided just to make the loop around CityWalk. We were both a little worn down from a day of travel, and DS had not had a nap, so he wasn't in the best of moods.

0072 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
CityWalk​

DS got VERY excited as soon as he could see the Universal globe in the distance, so of course we had to stop there for some pictures.

0077 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0079 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
All ready for Halloween Horror Nights!​

We could see the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and DS was fascinated. He kept proclaiming he wanted to ride the roller coaster, but then when it would zip by he would jump! So we stood there and let him watch a minute.

0078 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0083 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

0085 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Taking a rest

0086 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Not sure what he is looking at, but I like this one for some reason

0087 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Margaritaville from the other side of CityWalk

0089 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
DS comparing hand prints with some NBA legends outside of NBA City

0090 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
DH's try​

The last thing we came to at the end of our loop was Islands of Adventure!

0093 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

Seeing this got me SO excited, because that was where we would be heading first thing in the morning for our early entry into Wizarding World of Harry Potter! After years of anticipation and 2 trips where we were SO CLOSE but didn't go, I was going to be seeing Hogwarts live and in person the very next morning! It was really killing me to be even standing there right now without going in, but I tore myself away and we walked back to the resort. At least we were able to get a good estimate of how much time we would need to walk there in the morning, too.

When we got back to the resort, we went by the kiosks and they were working, so we were able to print our Express Passes and it didn't take long at all. I was so happy we didn't have to add additional time to get down there in the morning to print them! We even printed one for DS just in case because they had given him his own room key, so we didn't know if he would need the EP. Turned out he didn't, but he liked being held up to take his picture and seeing his face on the computer screen!

As soon as we got back to the room, I took my shower and dried my hair so I wouldn't be trying to do that when DS was ready to go to sleep. I definitely don't think I could handle sharing a hotel room with a toddler for an entire week, but for one night, we were okay. After that, I put DS in the bath, read him a couple of books, and he was ready for bed by 8 pm. He slept in the second bed with pillows shoved under the fitted sheet to keep him from rolling out. But the TV ended up being too big of a distraction for him, so we had to turn it off. Not even 5 minutes later he was snoring! DH watched a movie on his phone with headphones and I read a little on my Nook before we decided to go to sleep as well.

UP NEXT: Welcome to Hogsmeade!

Spoiler alert: we all returned home with all unnecessary internal organs completely intact!
That is always a good thing!

Get your credit card ready for the inevitable Universal Studios ticket purchase. :lmao:
That's kind of what I figured... :rolleyes1

I'm sure it was a GLOWING review!!!
I considered just paraphrasing part of what he said, but I didn't think that would be very nice. And this is coming from someone you know isn't afraid to poke a little fun at them. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I thought this sign was pretty funny!
:rotfl2::lmao:

The master at work trying to get a photo of a lizard
So you posted a picture of him trying to take a picture but you didn't post the picture he was taking? :confused3 :rolleyes1

I personally did not know it was illegal to molest conchs
Well... you do now! :thumbsup2

Fish are friends, not food. Except here. Here, they're food
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

DS Wikki Sticks to play with to keep him occupied while DH and I looked over our menus.
I really like those things. And apparently so do little boys. Which may also be why I like them. :confused3 :thumbsup2

I really thought about the Cheeseburger in Paradise
I can never resist that one.

There's a Cheesburger in Paradise restaurant here locally. DW and I went there a few weeks ago and I almost ordered the Cheeseburger in Paradise without even looking at the menu. For some reason I looked and I'm glad I did. They changed the menu and "Cheeseburger in Paradise" wasn't even a cheeseburger. It was some pork sandwich. :confused3 :furious: And now back to your regularly scheduled TR.

DS's food came out, and after all that whining of being hungry, he ate a few bites and said he was done. :sad2:
Sounds about right... :rotfl2::lmao:

We could see the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and DS was fascinated. He kept proclaiming he wanted to ride the roller coaster, but then when it would zip by he would jump! So we stood there and let him watch a minute.
I love that ride...

He might have to do some serious growing overnight though. :rotfl2:

When we got back to the resort, we went by the kiosks and they were working, so we were able to print our Express Passes and it didn't take long at all. I was so happy we didn't have to add additional time to get down there in the morning to print them!
I'm definitely glad you were able to get that out of the way. I'd be worried that you'd show up in the morning to get them and it still wouldn't be working or something and it would take even longer...

You definitely are making the idea of spending a night at one of the Universal resorts look very appealing. This is exactly the kind of evening I had in mind for our arrival day. Get there late afternoon. Hang out at Citywalk and eat. Go to the park the next day... And I have to say, the resort looks great too. This is the first TR that I've really seen many pictures of that resort, so thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

I've never had the opportunity to see the Universal resorts, but they do sure look lovely. Universal is definitely becoming a player. So nice to have the option to walk to City Walk and/or the parks.

Hmmm... The configuration of the basketballs looks oddly familiar... :scratchin

That's one of the BIG things Universal has going for it as a resort. Everything is right there making park hopping so easy.

OMG that would be SO tempting to just rush in the Hogsmeade right then and there. Good on you for waiting. It just builds the anticipation even more for the next day!!! I can't believe it's been over a year for me being there.

Loving the pictures from your resort and Citywalk! The last time I was there was about 12 years ago and we ate at Emeril's. Still one of my favorite meals ever! :thumbsup2

Very impressed with your wire glass making skills! Looked really cute on your DS.

I can't wait to read about your visit Harry Potter World!

Margaritaville is so yummy! I've been to a couple if those and they're always fun... even if you're not in it for the Margarita's! Haha

Looking forward to hearing about WWoHP! I actually just recently got into Harry Potter so it'll be fun!

I considered just paraphrasing part of what he said, but I didn't think that would be very nice. And this is coming from someone you know isn't afraid to poke a little fun at them. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

:scared1: Wow, that must have been pretty bad!

So you posted a picture of him trying to take a picture but you didn't post the picture he was taking? :confused3 :rolleyes1

Ehhhh, I thought about posting it but then I thought...it's just a lizard. :confused3

I really like those things. And apparently so do little boys. Which may also be why I like them. :confused3 :thumbsup2

:idea:

I can never resist that one.

There's a Cheesburger in Paradise restaurant here locally. DW and I went there a few weeks ago and I almost ordered the Cheeseburger in Paradise without even looking at the menu. For some reason I looked and I'm glad I did. They changed the menu and "Cheeseburger in Paradise" wasn't even a cheeseburger. It was some pork sandwich. :confused3 :furious: And now back to your regularly scheduled TR.

Uhh...I would be SO ANNOYED if I ordered a freaking CHEESEBURGER in paradise and it was a pork sandwich!!! In fact, I would be outraged!! Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but SERIOUSLY?? He tells you exactly in the song what it is and what's on it!

I love that ride...

He might have to do some serious growing overnight though. :rotfl2:

Not only would he have to grow taller, he'd have get a major boost of courage because he was afraid of a lot more that was a lot tamer than HRRR. :lmao:

I'm definitely glad you were able to get that out of the way. I'd be worried that you'd show up in the morning to get them and it still wouldn't be working or something and it would take even longer...

I think she said they would let you use your room key if the kiosk was still not working, but regardless, I was happy to have it done before we went to bed that night!

You definitely are making the idea of spending a night at one of the Universal resorts look very appealing. This is exactly the kind of evening I had in mind for our arrival day. Get there late afternoon. Hang out at Citywalk and eat. Go to the park the next day... And I have to say, the resort looks great too. This is the first TR that I've really seen many pictures of that resort, so thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

No problem! After not being to Universal since '09 and not staying onsite there since '07, it was really exciting to be back in that atmosphere. It really is so convenient to have both parks in walking distance. Had we not had to check out the next day, it would have been PERFECT for nap time in the middle of the day while at the parks! Maybe next time we will be able to do a couple of days and stay more nights onsite for that benefit.

I've never had the opportunity to see the Universal resorts, but they do sure look lovely. Universal is definitely becoming a player. So nice to have the option to walk to City Walk and/or the parks.

Universal seems to have upped their game a LOT since getting WWoHP in place, and as someone who has always loved the Universal parks, I LOVE that they are starting to do some major overhauls and expansions. Walking between the two parks is so easy, especially with a toddler in tow. It reminded me a lot of our trip to DL last year and the ease of park hopping instead of having to plan a "morning park" and "evening park" around nap times.

OMG that would be SO tempting to just rush in the Hogsmeade right then and there. Good on you for waiting. It just builds the anticipation even more for the next day!!! I can't believe it's been over a year for me being there.

It REALLY REALLY was. I think at some point we had even asked how much it would be to upgrade our tickets to 2-day hoppers to be able to go in on our arrival day. But since they don't price bridge, we would have lost our Undercover Tourist discount and had to pay something like $40 total just for maybe an hour or two in the park. So yes, at least it made it all the more exciting to go the next day!

Loving the pictures from your resort and Citywalk! The last time I was there was about 12 years ago and we ate at Emeril's. Still one of my favorite meals ever! :thumbsup2

Very impressed with your wire glass making skills! Looked really cute on your DS.

I can't wait to read about your visit Harry Potter World!

I hear great things about Emeril's but we have never eaten there personally.

:lmao: I should add that DH helped. A lot.

I'm late, but I'm here! :wave2:

:welcome: Happy to have you on board, Franklin!! And you're not too late, we haven't even gotten to any good stuff yet. :goodvibes

Margaritaville is so yummy! I've been to a couple if those and they're always fun... even if you're not in it for the Margarita's! Haha

Looking forward to hearing about WWoHP! I actually just recently got into Harry Potter so it'll be fun!

We have been to quite a few Jimmy Buffett restaurants, and always have good meals there! We even have one in New Orleans, but somehow if there's one in town when we are on vacation, we inevitably end up there. :rotfl:

My mom was a late-comer to HP and she had already been twice before I had ever been once! Talk about annoying. :lmao: I didn't really get into it until the 3rd movie was out, then I started reading the books and was completely hooked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter