Ideas to WOW my best friend

valval

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!
I'm about to leave Europe for WDW with my husband (we're second-timers) and my best friend (first-timer).
A bit of background: All three of us are over 30, and my best friend lives in another Country, so I don't get to see her nearly often enough. We jumped into the idea of spending time together in WDW, and I convinced her to trust me 100% with the planning. She was so strong in not googling anything about the parks, and although I know that she's a Disney Parks fan (went to DLP multiple times), I would like to reward her trust with truly magical moments.

As of now, I'm planning to get her the 1st visit button and mention her first visit to some CMs (for example, the waiters at 50s Prime Time) for extra added magic/attention.

But now I ask my favorite forum: what else can I do to really wow her and make her vacation super special?
We will be staying for 4 days, hitting all the parks.

Thank you for your ideas!

As a husband that very much gets the need of his wife to have time with her best friend, I would recommend just the 2 of you going to see Cirque. I have seen it once and my wife has seen it twice and the current show "Drawn to Life" is really a winner. Don't know if your husband is a sports fan or not, but right outside of the Cirque tent is a sports themed bar (City Works)where he could wait for the girls to get out of the show and they have a great menu for a dinner afterwards. Or if he isn't into sports there are a million other places he could go.

I'd check out the Disney gift basket options--yes, they're overpriced, but how great would it be to arrive in the room and find it waiting for her? HAVE FUN!

A great joy in life is going to Disney world with first timers. So wonderful.

Here are a few big impact things that sometimes get overlooked:

A great meal in a resort other than where you are staying, like Jiko in Animal Kingdom Lodge… and check out the savannah while there. Such a huge moment when walking into that lobby.

Galaxies Edge after dark. And try to get a reservation at Ogas Cantina 15 minutes after park closing. When you come out the park is basically deserted. It’s such a cool feeling.

A monorail pub crawl. Start at the bar at the top of the contemporary hotel. If for some reason you can’t get up there or go to the bar and steakhouse 71. Then take the monorail to the Polynesian and hit up Tambu Lounge then take the monorail to the grand Floridian and visit the enchanted rose. Then finish up at Magic Kingdom for the night. Great drinks and apps. Fun crawl. And a big finish in MK at night.

So many others… have a blast.

....a monorail pub crawl. Start at the bar at the top of the contemporary hotel. If for some reason you can’t get up there or go to the bar and steakhouse 71. Then take the monorail to the Polynesian and hit up Tambu Lounge......
So many others… have a blast.
...as much as I love Tambu Lounge, go early to the Poly and leave your name at the desk of Trader Sam's Grotto! I've been there 3 times already and it never gets old! Try to show up as close to 3PM as possible since it gets booked up QUICKLY! Great 'themed' drinks, great schtick, you can get appy's to share [I highly suggest the potstickers and the wings!] - very crowd-interactive and loads of fun.

Some ideas:

If you’ll have Memory Maker Photopass (many tickets outside US include this) then it’s easy to add on ‘Capture your Moment’, available in all 4 parks. It’s $79 for 20 minutes and we were blown away. They know where the best pics are!

Rent a pontoon at one of the monorail resorts. You’ll get to drive it yourself right there in front of MK. Boat $49/30mins.

There’s also a horseback trail ride $65each/45min.

Space220 lounge in Epcot. Reservations are hard but joining the walkup waitlist before the 11:30am opening is usually successful. I’m not certain, I think you can join starting 11am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter