If DCL wants me to throw all my $$ at them...

The only shows I've done are all 3 versions of Animators Palate. The animation and the color change are cool and not disruptive. We do try to avoid Crush at all costs though. ;) I haven't been on the older ships since they added the dinner shows, and that is 1 reason I now prefer the newer ships (well, the former newer ships?).

We're sailing the Dream next month, and I am honestly dreading Crush. I've never cared for the Epcot show and that just seems like it would be SO disruptive. I'll def be giving it a try, but we'll see if I'll ever want to do it again haha

A Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse slide in the kid's club! I would love an Adventurer's Club bar/lounge and a Trader Sam's onboard. The problem with Trader Sam's is that it is too small. Same with Hyperspace Lounge on the Wish....it was small and I was underwhelmed.

MJ

The Adventure could employ the "Spirit of Aloha" dancers in a luau dinner show (without the silly "Auntie-helps-Leilani-get her-island-groove-back" storyline...more like the Auilani luau).

I've long said that the perfect place to resurrect the Adventurer's Club was on DCL. If they ever did that it would be amazing.

My bets on the names of the next two ships has been Enchantment and Believe.
I noticed in the "Making of a Disney Wish" book that was an in stateroom gift, there is a concept art drawing of Rapunzel on the back of the ship but the name is "Enchantment". So I'm guessing that's a pretty strong contender for one of the next ships.

So guys I was just watching a youtube of the Disney Wish “wishing star” ceremony and the fairy godmother says “Now let’s wish for enchantment (pause) and adventure (pause)”. The way she paused for emphasis after each word kind of gave a vibe like “hmmm… is that an easter egg? Maybe the things we are supposed to be wishing for are the new ships!

So guys I was just watching a youtube of the Disney Wish “wishing star” ceremony and the fairy godmother says “Now let’s wish for enchantment (pause) and adventure (pause)”. The way she paused for emphasis after each word kind of gave a vibe like “hmmm… is that an easter egg? Maybe the things we are supposed to be wishing for are the new ships!

Great observation. Those are probably the names.

But man, OP’s idea of emphasizing the Sea and Hawaii would have me there in a heartbeat. It might be a good tie-in for Aulani marketing, too. And, yum, the food. A cruise out of FL would be easier for us East of the Mississippi folks than the 12-hours of flying to HI. And bring on the Dole Whip. Kalua pork. One scoop, two scoop (rice and Mac salad on a plate lunch).

Aloha and mahalo for the great idea,@tidefan.

Adventure is a great name. They could have a Pirates of the Caribbean themed restaurant, Moana (who does not like Hawaiian food), and a Jungle Cruise themed “Aqua Cruise” slide on the top deck. The theming options with an adventure name are endless and since Chapek loves IP, Adventureland IP is very well liked so win win.
This would be such a great idea!

Great observation. Those are probably the names.

But man, OP’s idea of emphasizing the Sea and Hawaii would have me there in a heartbeat. It might be a good tie-in for Aulani marketing, too. And, yum, the food. A cruise out of FL would be easier for us East of the Mississippi folks than the 12-hours of flying to HI. And bring on the Dole Whip. Kalua pork. One scoop, two scoop (rice and Mac salad on a plate lunch).

Aloha and mahalo for the great idea,@tidefan.
Don’t forget the Hawaiian shaved ice 🍧

Adventure is a great name. They could have a Pirates of the Caribbean themed restaurant, Moana (who does not like Hawaiian food), and a Jungle Cruise themed “Aqua Cruise” slide on the top deck. The theming options with an adventure name are endless and since Chapek loves IP, Adventureland IP is very well liked so win win.
i love ALL of this! I will disappointed with anything else now pirate:

Just imagine if they just said, what the heck... we'll put a version of 'Ohana as one of the MDR's...

But, I think if they did this, they MUST incorporate the Adventurers Club. Maybe hold the Balderdash Cup on the last night or something. Does anyone know if they still have the Colonel animatronic? I know some of the stuff got sent to HK.

You could also change it up and put something like Baloo and Mowgli on the back of the ship...

I could imagine Moana on the front of the Adventure ship peering out like she is on one of her own ships. I'd love for them to announce the adventure IF they just totally buy into the theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter