If Disney could steal one ride from Universal . . .

I would have to say the Mummy. Spiderman was not there so I missed out it looks like. Besides a guy in the front row lost his hat and I was sitting in the back row and I caught it...At the point in the ride where it looks like you are going into he!!. The smoke,red lights, and strobe lights, and the drop! The employees were impressed and the guy that lost his hat that needed a hat was appreciative! :thumbsup2

Same building? Same subway car? Same truck that explodes and same flooding subway? What's different?

The pre-show is different now, and the concept has been changed. It now features Christopher Walken. The actual ride is much the same, but they made enough changes here and there that they renamed it.

David

Fire and Ice coasters! :thumbsup2

C'mon... Disney... Dragons... they can surely think of SOME way to fit it in! :D

Dueling Dragons, they are B&M inverted coasters which is my favorite coaster type. I'd like to see Disney have their own inverted coaster themed to something but I don't think it will ever happen.

The reason I say that is because there were rumors Disney originally went to B&M and asked them to design RnR and B&M said they don't work like that (basically they don't work with companies telling them exactly how to build the ride), so Disney went with Vekoma instead. Vekoma also makes inverted coasters but they are horrible rides (very rough and lots of headbanging) and sadly if Disney were to get an inverted coaster, I think they would go with Vekoma again since they seem to use Vekoma for almost all their coasters now.

Ok, I'm testing the memory for this one. Back when AK first opened, there were rumors about Disney selling the dragons to Universal. I think the rumors came from Jim Hill or screamscape.

The dragon coaster may have originally been headed for the beastly kingdom area of AK. I still love that original AK logo with the dragon in the middle.

I say the Harry Potter world even though it isn't open yet. I love HP.

ITA. I'm sure it will be good. But, I'm also sure Disney could do it better.

GREAT topic - I dont think Ive ever seen it before. :thumbsup2

I say Spidey or The Mummy.

I lean more toward Spidey.

I've never been to their theme parks but I loved City Walk. I wish Disney had a Margharitaville! And I also always liked their clubs better as well.

Well I would not steal a ride really.

I would steal all of seuss landing - it is by far the best themed area of both parks. They themed everything down to the door handles and I would also steal the front of the line passes for resort guests - they are so great on a hot day.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Poseidon's Fury!! They could totally work that in to Animal Kingdom, couldn't they?

The Revenge of the Mummy. OMGosh, we rode that thing 5x in a row and I have NEVER before bought ride pictures but I wanted to remember that awesome ride so I have it sitting here on my desk. It is my all-time favorite ride of all the rides in parks I've been to. My kids are starting to complain that we won't be riding it in June as we're onsite at Disney w/o a car and I don't think I want to deal with getting back and forth to Universal.

Disney does need more thrillers. I agree with whomever already mentioned that.

ET The Extraterrestrial, just because it's pretty much the only thing I'm not terrified of at their parks, and I just love it from all the memories I have from being a kid.

Oooo that is the one ride that DID scare me. That is some good old fashioned nightmare fuel. :rotfl2:

I would pick spiderman also but, I haven't gotten to go on the mummy yet. Our little guy is too young for Universal imo so we haven't gone for years. If there was a audioanimatronic Brendan Frasier I would be ALL for it!!!!! :thumbsup2

Oh, tough. I love the Incredible Hulk, but the theming isn't enough for WDW. Definitely the Mummy. Love that ride.

This thread is a better fit over on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

I am with Skylar29, even though HP isn't open yet, I wish it was Disney that was doing that section. We have only been twice to US and that was way before IA was even thought of (well maybe not thought of, but opened). And the only reason I have considered going back was to see the Harry Potter area. So I really wish it were Disney doing it.

Spidey! But ....i've not done the Mummy yet, it was not open yet last time i was there, it's been awhile. :(

Spiderman is one of the best rides I've ever ridden.

but I don't think that JAWS is getting enough love.

I thought it was so much fun! and ole jawbones caught me off guard a few times.

Ok, I'm testing the memory for this one. Back when AK first opened, there were rumors about Disney selling the dragons to Universal. I think the rumors came from Jim Hill or screamscape.

The dragon coaster may have originally been headed for the beastly kingdom area of AK. I still love that original AK logo with the dragon in the middle.

Ohhhhhh, wow, I'd never heard that one! DD is pretty much the only reason I go to Universal (well, and because everyone else in my group wants to go)... to think it potentially could have been at AK.... wow.

Actually, from what I've heard, Disney was going to include a dragon coaster to the Beastly Kingdom, but do to budgets they scrapped it. So the upset Imagineers who worked on it took the idea to Universal.

And Disney did sign a letter of intent to build a Harry Potter park/area, but Universal won JK Rowling over with the themeing of IOA (specifically the Oak Tree Tavern......which they then tore down :rotfl:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter