• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

If Disney gave you the Authority to add/finish ONE thing what would you do?

SC DisneyFan I like your idea about the TTA!

I definitely want Mr. Toad's back!
I also want Spaceship Earth back to its previous version and previous narrator.

Please stop taking the charm out of main street! Less shops and more turn of the century charm. I don't like getting my candy from the candy shop in a plastic wrapper! They use to put it in a cardboard box (like in the old days). Please have more than 3 flavors of ice cream at the ice cream shop (Disnleyland has numerous options). PLease put in penny machines and those movie machines with the flapping cards. Please put something on both sides of the street. It is lopp sided with a big mall on one side. I don't care if people shop on the way out of the park and neither would have Walt Disney!

There I am done ranting. :)

When did Mr. Toad leave? My first trip to the world was in 2000 and i don't think Mr. Toad was there at that point.

Was it? What was it about?

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is still at Disneyland. It was replaced by Winnie the Pooh at WDW around 1998? It is a crazy dark ride where you race through city streets, a library and up before a magistrate (where you are judged!). Quite silly and wild!

I have many, many ideas, in fact I think I should be running the parks because I would be awesome at the planning. So here we go….

Expanding the monorail – Here is my idea. First, create three new lines from the TTC to DHS, AK, and to Downtown. Second, be happy with this improvement and use my money elsewhere.

Special resort entrances to the parks for those staying on resort– We already ride the buses, monorails, and boats to the park, why not create a special entrance for us? This entrance would allow us to enter into the park closer to the attractions, getting the guests to rides first. This will encourage more people to stay on site and therefore boost revenue for other projects.

Revamp Test Track – I dig this ride, but it could be better. Instead of the just racing around the track outside briefly I would propose a more exciting outside experience more like a real race. First, build a longer track that goes out a bit and have four cars go out of the track together and design it so that certain cars pass each other; creating a race experience. Second, given GM issues, incorporate either NASCAR, IRL, or even Cars into the theme. Wouldn’t NASCAR love to have a themed ride at Disney?

World Showcase – I would add a few countries, but I would tweak the current ones as well. I would place some of the countries at different times in history. So Mexico could be a pre-Cortez Mexico with more Inca and Mayan influence, less current Swine Flu Tex-Mex food Mexico, France could be a pre-WWII, and England could be a modern version complete a version of the London Eye or some sort of Underground themed attraction. The newer countries might feature a few more “thrill” rides.

Wonders of Life – It’s gone and won’t be back so I would begin to build a resort in the park/attached to the park that has access there and would be on the EPCOT monorail line. This resort would compare to the Contemporary. The themes would be more Future focused, perhaps even more a space themed resort given Mission Space and the Kennedy Space Center.

Universe of Energy – Just a few tweaks here. Add more information about solar and wind power and then power the attraction only using those two sources of power.

Adventure’s Club – Would now be located instead MK in Adventure land and would feature a deck for viewing Wishes. Possible attached ride could be an Indiana Jone’s type of ride. Other possible location would be England, but given my plans above, it would not fit with the theme there.

Beastly Kingdom – I would start construction right away. I would even do some sort of Pete’s Dragon attraction and build the Beast’s castle complete with some sort of attraction inside that would be a cross between ToT and HM.

Rain Forest Expedition – Across between Living with the Land, the Safari, and the Juggle Cruise, but this would be a boat ride through a functioning Rain Forest, complete with frequent rain showers and rain forest animals. Throw in a lot educational stuff about the rain forest and it vanishing and you would have a ride that would be fun and educational.

Goofy’s Pet Palace – A Disney doggie camp where you can leave your dogs to play and have a good time, but with webcams so you can view your pets and check in on them from the comfort of your resort room. This would not be just some kennel, but a place where the dogs can play and run in packs. Add Pluto’s Canine Hair and Nails and your dog will return home with you cleaned, trimmed, and with a Mickey bandana around his or her neck. No costuming pets allowed….I hate that.

New Resorts – Because of all my plans, more people will be attending Disney than ever before so a few more resorts will be needed. My first resort would be another value resort geared toward more adults without younger kids. There will be still plenty of Disney but less giant things like Yo-yos. Instead this park would be more like an inexpensive family Hawaii trip. I give you Disney’s Hawaiian Resort, think Poly but with value in mind. Where to locate such resort? By the Poly if possible at the site of where Disney's Mediterranean Resort was going to be built. No monorail access, just a boat to the MK and a bus (or walk) to TTC to access other resorts (to save money to make it a Value).

The next resort would be a deluxe adult (16 and over) resort. It would be similar to a Sandals, Club Med, or some all inclusive type resort, but be a Disney resort. Take a resort similar to WL in size and basic design and turn it into a tropical island resort. The resort could be built where Disney’s Persian Resort was going to be located. The place would offer more boating, and other activities you would find at an all inclusive resort elsewhere. This resort would also feature more honeymoon suites, spa packages, golf packages, and romance packages than any other resort.

The fifth park – I would build, in Orlando, Disney’s America. Mix some good thrill rides into it and a lot of education/history about our country and I will be there opening day. Perhaps include a working ranch as a part of the Western themed parts. If I could I would attempt to build close to Fort Wilderness and try to incorporate some similar themes between the two.

Bring back Disney’s River Country – Gut and clean the place out. Use fresh water. Incorporate ideas from Walt Disney’s Riverboat Square idea that was never built. Perhaps move Tom Sawyer’s Island to there to create new attractions in MK. Design a water propelled coaster/ride that goes out over the lake a little.

So there are just a few of my ideas, never mind my ideas about the Dinning Plan, ADRs, and such that would improve things at Disney.
Sorry for the long post.

Yeh, I know I keep adding to my list....

Bring back the penny arcade. That was awesome! :cool1:

I have many, many ideas, in fact I think I should be running the parks because I would be awesome at the planning. So here we go….

Beastly Kingdom – I would start construction right away. I would even do some sort of Pete’s Dragon attraction and build the Beast’s castle complete with some sort of attraction inside that would be a cross between ToT and HM.

The next resort would be a deluxe adult (16 and over) resort. It would be similar to a Sandals, Club Med, or some all inclusive type resort, but be a Disney resort. Take a resort similar to WL in size and basic design and turn it into a tropical island resort. The resort could be built where Disney’s Persian Resort was going to be located. The place would offer more boating, and other activities you would find at an all inclusive resort elsewhere. This resort would also feature more honeymoon suites, spa packages, golf packages, and romance packages than any other resort.

I like these but especially the second one. Disney must think there isn't enough demand for it to fill an entire hotel or you can be sure they'd have built one.

First and Foremost, Build a State-Side Version of Disney-Sea, but that's not all...

TDS is probably one of the best parks that WDI has created, after Disneyland (of course). It embodies the best of MK, DHS, EC, AK, and beyond with the last remaining ride-thru attraction related to 20,000 leagues under the Sea. I would of course, add a portion related to wind in the willows so Florida can have an updated Mr. Toad. River Country (Take 2) would fit in perfectly with the theming.

Just think about it, an indoor Little Mermaid area that is AIR CONDITIONED in the Florida Heat, a Genie Double Decker Carousel, An Indiana Jones Roller Coaster (all currently designed and in place at TDS) PLUS Captain Nemo (also at TDS), Mr. Toad, and an 8 foot drop-off water slide.

How cool would that be?

Oh yeah, and Hathaway Browne has purchased himself the Gypsy Moth II, a seaplane, to replace the water-logged Gypsy Moth residing in LBV. It is now 1938, Pamelia Perkins has gone adventuring, Otis T. Wren and Chilton Thompson (returned from a 4 year trip from the amazon) are vying for the Presidency of the Club, and Sutter Bestwick (a sea captain(?))wins by a nose...

Adventurers Club would fit perfectly in the American Waterfront section...

Hmmm these designs all exist and are easily transplantable to WDW...

Kungaloosh and Tally-Ho... Dive!Dive!Dive!

Watch out for the Giant Squid... Oh if only dreams came true...

since this is a "wishful thinking" type thread, how about a park that consists of all the rides that have been retired along the way, Sky cars, 20,000 leagues, horizons...give it a days past type name and open the gates---see you there

I definitely have to add on to my previous list...
I want DisneySea to be the fifth gate! I've watched youtube videos and that place is AWESOME!

Link all the Disney hotels and theme parks by monorails is not a bad idea:
ecological
efficient
less pollution
friendly
rapid transportation
magic
more technological advanced

worst current rides: Figment and Stitch

Agree Disney rides like classics Jungle Cruise, pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion are the ones Disney should refurbish/build more, to be Disney must be family oriented, heavely themed.
I do not think Disney should go with big, super roller coaster, we can enconter them in any regional amusement park.

I think they should make the whole ground in the parks that squishy foam flooring that they put by the DVC sales areas. You know like in the MK over in Fantasyland by the "wild animals" cage. They have that area where some CMs are and they try to sell you DVC. It's like walking on a cloud when your feet are so sore for walking all over!

Great ideas everyone!

Me personally I always thought it would be really interesting if Disney had a more so teen/adult themed event for Halloween.(Not saying that I have any problem at all with the event that is there now for Halloween since I have never been there for it so I can't really pass judgment) It would take place in the World Showcase and it would feature different characters from folklore and ghost stories of the different countries. For example The U.K would have a Jack the Ripper type character or U.S.A having Lizzy Borden. There could be other "Ghosts" of famous people roaming around in their resident countries. Zombies in China ( from what I have read they have quite a few ghost stories about them), Trolls in Norway, Aztec priests in Mexico, Canada could use some of the stories from the Northwest Indian tribes. There is so much more that I actually have planed out in my mind but it all seems to be slipping out of my head now. This would be an event like a horror night at a regular amusement park being that the characters would jump out at you if you wanted to go through the haunted areas. If that would be to scary for you there would be a story teller from each of the countries telling their stories. This would be a really great way to get a good fun scare and to also learn some more interesting information about the different nations. That's what World Showcase is about:goodvibes

Another idea that is also Halloween themed would be a meal with the ghosts of the Haunted Mansion (not the movie the ride). I'm not sure where it would be. It would have to be close the the ride to make it seem like the ghosts were passing on through the walls to come and visit you. Some of the ghosts that would visit with you would be the bride, all the ghosts in the paintings in the streching(sp) room, The hitchhikeing ghosts and the master of the house. If that would become very popular it would happen all year and not just during Halloween.
I must have Halloween on the brain tonight.
I agree with having a villains character meal you get some of the best and must fun character interactions out of them.

Great ideas everyone!

Me personally I always thought it would be really interesting if Disney had a more so teen/adult themed event for Halloween.(Not saying that I have any problem at all with the event that is there now for Halloween since I have never been there for it so I can't really pass judgment) It would take place in the World Showcase and it would feature different characters from folklore and ghost stories of the different countries.

THAT is an outstanding idea. Kudos to you! A lot of this thread is really wishful thinking, but this is certainly something that could happen. It would even be cool to run the event starting at maybe 11:00pm.

THAT is an outstanding idea. Kudos to you! A lot of this thread is really wishful thinking, but this is certainly something that could happen. It would even be cool to run the event starting at maybe 11:00pm.
Why thank you:goodvibes
That was what I was thinking. I'm glad that you like the idea.

Can we add an ice rink to Disney's Wide World of Sports? Please?

pixiedust:

More villains. A villains dinner, a villains themed area, MNSSHP is just not enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter