• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If one magnanimous person would start the ball rolling....

Wantogo

Earning My Ears
What do you think? If one magnanimous person would start the ball rolling by purchasing a small refrigerator and then on the boards here find who is going to Disney.
On your last day at Disney and the next groups first day you meet up pass on the refrigerator the second group pays $10 to the purchaser of the refrigerator and the next 10 or so groups until the refrigerator is paid off.

Then on the boards people can sign up to get the refrigerator on there visit. The refrigerator would be small and light and easy to move.

Plus you would meet at least one DIS member.

OK maybe its a little complicated with the logistics but it would be able to be done.

$10 for 7 days of use is better than $70 and after its paid off, it would be free for the rest of the DIS members.

;)

ok but then would it ever make its way back to the person who bought it? and would they ever get their money out of it? or does the fee from everyone that uses it go to the one who bought it? its a nice idea or what about being one of those companies that rents the strollers and fridges etc. this way even if a DISer doesn't rent it someone else would....even if you rented it for say wo for the stay you would make your money back in no time!

I purchased an electric cooler. Best money I ever spent and it is much cheaper and less heavy and I can use it in my car with the cig adapter. $90 might seem expensive at initial purchase, but it has more than paid for itself in the last 2 years.

We purchased a small one from Target (holds 9 cans - 6 upright and 3 laying flat) for $30 on sale & spent about $20 on the adapter for wall plug-in. I was going to take it back and get a big one from Sam's for about $78 (don't know if it had the wall-adapter or not), but my dh said we only needed to cool one days worth of stuff at a time anyway. I'll probably just get some small grab n go bottles of milk too instead of a big jug.

<i>If one magnanimous person would start the ball rolling by purchasing a small refrigerator and then on the boards here find who is going to Disney. </i>

Go ahead.

I think the problem would be meeting up to hand over the frig. That could get complicated. I think someone who lives in Orlando could make a small fortune renting frigges for 5/day to resort guests. I know Tiffany (I think ) was doing this for a while, I wonder what happened?

Ok, in theory it's wonderful...but in reality...would you want to spend money on something you would most likely never see again?

If so, I guess you're a better person than me. Good luck.

It would be interesting to see how far this would go. We could take pictures of it at the resort you are staying at. We could make up stories about its adventures with the DIS family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter