If you do the hotel through DCL...

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Seriously pondering changing up my Feb cruise. Because of the lower rate, I am contemplating doing my pre-cruise night through DCL. One of the hotels is in the Hilton family. Would I be able to get my Hhonors points if I booked through DCL or would I be better just booking on my own. And if I do it on my own, could I still get DCL transfers from the hotel?

Seriously pondering changing up my Feb cruise. Because of the lower rate, I am contemplating doing my pre-cruise night through DCL. One of the hotels is in the Hilton family. Would I be able to get my Hhonors points if I booked through DCL or would I be better just booking on my own. And if I do it on my own, could I still get DCL transfers from the hotel?

I would imagine, since your name will be on the room, that you can add your HH number to the reservation, even if you have to do it at checkin. Hilton works closely with DCL it would appear.

https://www.hhonorscruises.com/promotion/disney-cruises.do

Thanks! I may end up doing it on my own if my dad successfully gets points transferred to me. Lol.

I'll be interested to see if you can use points to pay for the cruise, and how much that cost. We're Marriott devotees because of DragonCon, but if Hilton's points will pay for cruises then we might just have to jump ship for the Hilton as a host hotel.

I'll be interested to see if you can use points to pay for the cruise, and how much that cost. We're Marriott devotees because of DragonCon, but if Hilton's points will pay for cruises then we might just have to jump ship for the Hilton as a host hotel.

I have never had nearly enough to see. But I know you can GET massive points for booking through them. My RCCL Greek Isles Cruise and my Celebrity Edge Cruise are both booked through them.

I will likely stick to doing DCL on my own though. Especially since I like to book on board, and I have NO clue how they would handle that!

I guess I will just ask when I call (sometime between Wednesday and Friday) to make the switch. See how much the hotel would be through them, if I can get my points, and if I book on my own can I still book the DCL bus. I shall report back my findings.

As long as DCL has transfers at the hotel your staying at, you can get transfers. When I went to Copenhagen, I made my own arrangements. I added DCL transfers and had no problems.

As long as DCL has transfers at the hotel your staying at, you can get transfers. When I went to Copenhagen, I made my own arrangements. I added DCL transfers and had no problems.

Thanks!

I have never had nearly enough to see. But I know you can GET massive points for booking through them. My RCCL Greek Isles Cruise and my Celebrity Edge Cruise are both booked through them.

I will likely stick to doing DCL on my own though. Especially since I like to book on board, and I have NO clue how they would handle that!

I am intrigued! We have a lot of both Hilton and Marriott points, but I never realized I could book a cruise through either of them. I know we wouldn't have enough points to pay for the cruise, but I love the idea of earning points by booking the cruise through one of them. My concern would be if going that route is basically like booking through a TA. Do you turn over all control to them, have to go through them to pay, etc? I just noticed the other day that Delta has a similar plan where you can earn miles by booking cruises through them.

I would hate to give up that control unless I was actually going through a real, live TA that I know and trust. We have a TA that we work with sometimes and I love her, so I don't mind handing her the keys, so to speak. I wouldn't want to do that with a big, faceless corporation, though. I just wonder how this all works.

(and sorry to derail your thread!)

I am intrigued! We have a lot of both Hilton and Marriott points, but I never realized I could book a cruise through either of them. I know we wouldn't have enough points to pay for the cruise, but I love the idea of earning points by booking the cruise through one of them. My concern would be if going that route is basically like booking through a TA. Do you turn over all control to them, have to go through them to pay, etc? I just noticed the other day that Delta has a similar plan where you can earn miles by booking cruises through them.

I would hate to give up that control unless I was actually going through a real, live TA that I know and trust. We have a TA that we work with sometimes and I love her, so I don't mind handing her the keys, so to speak. I wouldn't want to do that with a big, faceless corporation, though. I just wonder how this all works.

(and sorry to derail your thread!)

No problem! You do have to go through them for payments, but like DCL you do your own online check-in and booking excursions. So far I’ve had a great experience with the agent I’ve worked with - and she was able to get my friend into my cabin for Greece after I’d already booked it. I’m sure like anything it depends on who you get - I had booked one through...I think American Airlines and that agent was not as good (in fact her extension never got me to her - but I have not had that problem with Hhonors Cruises).

No problem! You do have to go through them for payments, but like DCL you do your own online check-in and booking excursions. So far I’ve had a great experience with the agent I’ve worked with - and she was able to get my friend into my cabin for Greece after I’d already booked it. I’m sure like anything it depends on who you get - I had booked one through...I think American Airlines and that agent was not as good (in fact her extension never got me to her - but I have not had that problem with Hhonors Cruises).

Gotcha! Thanks for the info. It is definitely something to think about. We love earning hotel points and airline miles! I'd never even realized you could earn miles/points for booking cruises.

I know when we stayed at the Grosvenor House in London (a Marriott property) which was booked through DCL, we were not able to get our Marriott points for the room booking because we were getting a lower price (it was about $150 lower than booking directly). But any other eligible expenses charged to the room we were able to get points for.

I know when we stayed at the Grosvenor House in London (a Marriott property) which was booked through DCL, we were not able to get our Marriott points for the room booking because we were getting a lower price (it was about $150 lower than booking directly). But any other eligible expenses charged to the room we were able to get points for.

Thanks. I know what the rate is for the one I'm looking at through the company's app, so I can see what DCL is offering it at. If it's that much less, it might be worth foregoing the points.

I know that I still get Hilton Honors points when I book a room through the government travel system instead of directly with them. The only thing that I've seen explicitly stated about not getting a benefit is that silver and gold members always get free standard wifi if you book directly with them, but it isn't guaranteed if you book through another source.

No

No to which?

Someone else has already said they were able to buy the DCL transfers from their hotel in Europe even though they booked the hotel on their own.

There is usually a desk at the hotel the night before the cruise for DCL. My suggestion is to try and make the transfers a couple of days before the cruise. I find it easier to mostly plan ahead.

There is usually a desk at the hotel the night before the cruise for DCL. My suggestion is to try and make the transfers a couple of days before the cruise. I find it easier to mostly plan ahead.

Yes, I always plan things in advance when traveling. But thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter