• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you want Vistana Villages-DON'T WAIT!!

sandyneck

DIS Veteran
Ok, so maybe I talked the place up too good, but they are selling out on lots of dates. I talked to Juan at the front desk because I noticed my dates were sold out and he said he couldn't believe it, they never sell out. They are sold out this week too. So if you are hemming and hawing on whether to stay there, the decision may be made for you if you don't act soon. I called them because my sister and I wanted our families to have rooms next to each other and with it being sold our I was worried that wouldn't happen. Instead I have bigger worries, my sister had originally had a one bedroom for 6 nites, she later changed it to a two bed for 8 nights, but they never entered her second reservation. Hotelkingdom is trying to straighten it out now. We will see how that goes. Anyway, Juan was very nice and assured me we would have a room. Good luck to all.

Thanks for the heads up. I've just confirmed for our October trip. I know it seems a bit early...but we really wanted this property.

Please post your experiences when you return. I'm interested in what buildings would be best. We have two DD who love to swim!

Sandyneck - I keep checking the availability thru hotelkingdom and noticed that the 1st 2 nights we'll be there are already sold out for both 1 and 2 bedrooms, thankfully we booked real early for April in January. Thanks for the notice...aren't you headed down soon?? Can't wait for your trip report.

Busy Mom - I'd go to hotelkingdom.com and click Florida, then click Orlando and you'll see a picture of the Sheraton Vistana Villages and click on that, it's really detailed with pictures. Great discounted rates as well. Sheraton's own website isn't that detailed.

16 DAYS LORIX 2!!!!! I can't wait. Hotel kindgom straightened out my sisters reservation. Even though they said they were sold out of the 2 bedroom she was supposed to get they managed to reserve her one anyway so that was good. Someone asked about building preference. Buildings 1&2 are closest to the pool and playground. #3 is not right in front of the pool, but is close. We stayed it that building last year. It was very nice. It overlooks a small lake. #4 is the farthest from the pool, if memory serves me. # 5,6&7 overlook a waterfall. You have to cross a bridge to get to the pool but it is not far. The good thing about all the rooms is there are no parking lot views. YOu will have a great view no matter which building you get put in. There were some buildings under construction last year that were closer to the main road. I am not sure if they are putting people in them yet or not. They were the only ones that looked like they may not be as good as the others. Good luck to everyone going. Looks like we will have lots of company!!

Sandyneck - oh I'm so excited for you! I'm happy to hear they were able to accommodate you and your sister as well, that's terrific! I'm 51 days out and counting now...the building layout is great to know thanks again for all the info.

Have a wonderful and safe trip :pinkbounc

Hi! I just got back from WDW today and was reading this thread. Please read my thread about overbooking at Vistana Villages. I'm not trying to rain on your parades it's just that I was so excited to be staying there and was so devastated on 2/23 when we got there and they would not honor our reservation. I'm not saying this will happen to any of you. I just want you to be a little prepared just in case. Good Luck!!

YIKES!! Vistana Villages is sold out the dates I am going and also dates in April when I know others of you are going. I called the front desk and asked them if they overbook and they said yes. I am glad this all worked out in the end for you, but there is just no excuse for this practice. It is so unfair, as you said, to have your heart set on staying somewhere and then being told you have to go somewhere else and you have no choice. If this happens to anyone else be persistent and get what you want like Rolo did. If it wasn't for these boards they probably wouldnt even be sold out, so they better stop putting hotel kingdom customers at the bottom of the barrel! It is amazing that you called two days in advance and they confirmed you. That is one of the problems with staying at a timeshare. The owners always take precedence over renters. I went there last year and they were telling me that if the owners decide to stay an extra week they have to let them, even if the room has been reserved for someone else. I hope this does not happen to anyone else. I don't know how you can be prepared or prevent something like this from happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter