ILUVDXL Boston DIS meet June 25th *Update 6/6* Trying to get a good headcount for RFC

winniedapooh said:
I chickened out of the last one...believe I posted that somewhere. I WILL be going, this will be a test for me, lol! I am trying to talk DH into it and if not I may be on my own... :earseek:
I told you I'd go with you!

I chickened out of one...got lost, and got there super late...so I ended up sitting in the food court of the mall WATCHING the meet. When I got home and someone posted the pictures, there I was...in the background! (That's the Readers' Digest Condensed version).

MaryAnn lol! :rotfl: Yes you did, but I did not see your posting! I will go and not chicken out...saying that 5 times a day to my mirror! :goodvibes

MaryAnnDVC said:
I chickened out of one...got lost, and got there super late...so I ended up sitting in the food court of the mall WATCHING the meet. When I got home and someone posted the pictures, there I was...in the background! (That's the Readers' Digest Condensed version).
Last June in Boston???

Ok everyone, Dan would like some suggestions for family friendly activities/restaurants? Anyone want to throw some out?
Im at a loss as I dont go into Boston often.

I don't know Boston much either. I really need someone to go with. I'm in Salem, NH. Anyone driving by? Please???? ;)

I posted on the Community Board, Maggianos would be a great restaurant to have this. The food is great and it is served family style all you want to eat. It is wonderful and they have rooms they would probably let you use downstairs because it will be a large party.

I am thinking here.. something kid friendly....that might be a tough one in the city. How big of a group will it be??? and what end of Boston do you want to meet at?? My head is going up and down Newbury St, to the Prudential Center, then over to Quincy Market, the North End, South End.. I am not coming up with a kid friendly, large crowd, restaurant?? I am also thinking not too pricey.....I pride myself on knowing Boston too..

Oh and Mare, I remember that meet when you did not show your face too... ;) :)

Depending on where and when I *may* travel down from Maine. I've been looking for an reason to ride the train down and meeting up with some Disney folks would be the perfect excuse. Well, that and a Red Sox game, but I won't ride the train alone that late at night.

If it wasn't for my wedding the next day I'd be there in a heart beat.

I wish I could be there but I have a wedding to attend. Darn...an opportunity to meet Dan and I can't make it! :sad2:

Is this true Dan Murphy in Boston??? Well it is awful close to my WDW vacation but I fear this may be my only chance to meet him..... Maybe I can talk my friend Sheila (also a Dis'er) into going with me?

If not then Melinda I work in Methuen Mass, close to Salem. If Sheila doesn't want to join me I could give you a ride. That is if you wouldn't mind. I know I'd never be able to talk my DH into going with me to meet other members of the "cult".

Dan please keep my updated. Unfortunately I cannot suggest anywhere to meet. I am ignorant to the city and just admire it when I get the chance to.

Fire and Ice is in the Park Square Building on Berkeley. It's an all you can eat ($10 for lunch, $18 for dinner) improvisational grill. Lots of fun. Or a Duck Tour. They have discounted rates for groups over 20. Great way to see the city.

Dan Murphy said:
:cool1: Hope to see you there. Time and place to be determined. :flower:
C'mon...BOSTON?!? I can only send my Sister in my place! WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO CALIFORNIA, DAN?!? :confused3

dreamflight99 said:
:confused3 What on EARTH?!? Never heard of this one...kindly elaborate, what EXACTLY does this tour entail?!
Duck tour? Well, it involves quacking. No, seriously. In addition, it's one of the most highly rated tours of Boston, both for fun, as well as for historical accuracy. The cool thing is that they are done in old WWII amphibious vehicles, so you start out the tour on the streets of Boston, and ends up driving into the Charles river.

And you do quack. The tour guides are fun, and when you pass large groups of tourists (or Boston residents...), some guides will have the tour group quack loudly at them. (To the point that there is at least one neighborhood that passed a "no quacking" ordinance; on our tour, we all just quack whispered.)

Here's a link to the duck tours. Have only done it once, but it was fun!

I may come! My son lives in Melrose, right next to the train station! I will subscribe to this thread...

I would be all for it! I had to bail on the last one since there was no where for DD to go. Can't wait!

Duck tour---did you see the Red Sox parade at all? They were on the duck boats/busses going through the city and then into the Charles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter