I'm confused on nighttime shows

illbebettinya

Earning My Ears
Last time I was there 4 years ago Epcot Forever was running. It's an ok show, but I thought it was a temporary replacement until the next show started. I missed out on seeing Harmonius, but it seems that harmonius was the replacement show after all. From that I assume the Luminous show will also be temporary and Epcot Forever is the new permanent replacement nighttime show. Seems to be the same kind of thing with Disney Enchantment (which I also missed out on seeing) and Happily Ever After (although I always felt Happily Ever After was retired too soon). I just read that even Rivers of Light isn't running anymore (Also haven't seen Kitetails but that's over too). I know I'm out of date but didn't they want there to be a permanent nighttime show at Animal Kingdom? I guess they feel they don't need one anymore so back to how it was with none?. I'm not sure what to think, just seems they're at least to an extent continuing to continue on the cheap track they've been on in more recent times

Epcot Forever is temporary. Luminous is "permanent" and starts 12/7.
Happily Ever After is returning with modifications. Can't remember the date. It may already be back.
Rivers of Light is long gone, like before covid.

EDIT: Basically, there has been several shows that didn't seem well-liked. I suspect they are replacing/retiring them due to that and/or money.

Epcot Forever is temporary. Luminous is "permanent" and starts 12/7.
Happily Ever After is returning with modifications. Can't remember the date. It may already be back.
Rivers of Light is long gone, like before covid.

EDIT: Basically, there has been several shows that didn't seem well-liked. I suspect they are replacing/retiring them due to that and/or money.
Luminous debuts tomorrow night.

I saw Rivers of Light as well exactly 4 years ago. Apparently it closed in Mar '20, seems they used everything at the time as an excuse to once again be cheap with Animal Kingdom permanently as they like to do and have mostly done historically. I guess the bean counters didn't like the show being there. That's the biggest disappointment. At least there's something currently running in the other parks from what I could tell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter