• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Im Leaving Tomorrow Aggghhhhh!!

mag1803178

Earning My Ears
Ok Im leaving tomorrow and going nuts!!!!!! Im running around like crazy doing some last minute packing and making sure i have everything, I have made a list of helpful stuff i got off the board and I hope Im not forgetting anything!! Here is a copy !! Let me know if there is anything else!!!!

- When going to Epcot, bring a spare change of clothes for the kids - there is an area
where they can get wet. They LOVE it.

The igloo type bags that can easily fold up when empty. These are great - fill them
up with ice at the hotel and put babies bottles inside and some water for the adults.
Just put it in the bottom of the stroller & be sure to put a towel under the cooler bag in case it leaks.

- Buy an empty helium fillable balloon BEFORE you leave for Disney & get it inflated while in the park. Be sure to bring your own ribbon/string too. Tie it onto your stroller to help find it in the rows and rows of strollers when you come out of a ride. The castmembers often move the strollers and it is rarely where you left it. If you buy a balloon in the park, it will not be as easy to find b/c all the balloons are the same. Another idea is to bring a sharpie marker and buy a balloon there and write your family's name on the balloon. (like they do on your stroller placard)

- Buy some rain ponchos before you leave for your vacation. If you go to your local
Dollar Store - you may find some. Get them at home so that you have some that
are different from everyone elses (easier to find your partner), they're less
expensive and you have them when you need them.

Bring plenty of wipes!! Spills happen. And I like to try to wipe off the kids hands with that
germ killing waterless soap too. Look for the sample sizes in Walmart or in a drug store;
While you're there, you may want to look for sample sizes of toiletries for yourself too - like
small tubes of toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, hair spray, etc. I believe Walmart keeps all the sample sized things together in the toothpaste section. If you can't find the sample section, go ask the guys in the pharmacy - they'll know where to send you.

** OH, and if you're flying in, be sure to BRING A BUNCH OF QUARTERS WITH YOU FOR THE TOLL BOOTHS! I think there are 3 different tolls (maybe 4) that we pay before we reach WDW. Some of the toll booths are un-manned and can not give change, so I have no idea what you would do if you don't have the actual amount due. I know there is a toll or 2 that is $1, and I remember coming accross one for 25 cents too (that was the un-manned one).

Also, if you choose NOT to pay for the insurance on your rental car (we never pay for it
because our current car insurance covers us when we drive ANY car; most insurances do)
always make a copy of your insurance card and be sure to bring it with you. If God forbid,
there is an accident, you NEED this!!

There is a Publix on 192, very close to WDW. We have always used them to buy groceries, but we have always rented a car to get there.

We have shopped at the Publix at 192 & SR 535 in the past and also at the Walmart super center that is about 2 miles east of publix on 192. (Behind Midevil times) We found the food to be quite a bit cheaper at Walmart. (It appeared that the Publix had convience sized items; 1/2 pound of bacon,etc...for condo guests -AT higher convience sized prices) Walmart will be busier, but they have almost anything you would need. Have a great vacation.

Just avoid Gooding's. It is the absolute closest grocery store to WDW but the MOST expensive.

Don't avoid rides just get some Meclizine HCI 25mg chewable tablets!!!!! Don't avoid rides just get some Meclizine HCI 25mg chewable tablets!!!!!

Then enjoy the rides!! Meclizine changed my life!!
I even rode space mountain 3 times in a row!!

OK, heres the important stuff,Meclizine is the genaric for Bonine[8 tablets,$10.00].Meclizine
can be purchased over the counter,a bottle of 100 tablets cost $9.00 at Wal-greens.

If you have a child with motion sickness ask their docter how much to give it will give them the relief they need to enjoy riding!!!

Take a dose the night before you travel and you will be good to go,each night of your travels take a dose!! You will think That you will are a new person!!!!!

I don't have any drowzyness with Meclizine.If I find I am getting a little car sick I take a tablet,it starts immediately to cure the ill feelings. from experiece I know I need two tablets
I Have Extereme Car Sickness,I rode in my freinds new Honda,I wasn't used to the Wish Bone suspension but when I felt that awful feeling I took the pills out of my purse,Bingo I was ok!!

It is a 24hr pill,dose 1 to 2 tablets,it works for planes,trains,buses,cars,boats and WDW rides!!

Take A dose of Meclizine and HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

Awsome dinner show:
hands down, look no further...the hoop dee doo revue!

added bonus: best dessert in all of wdw.

I pack a week in advance and didn't have a problem with wrinkles. I also bought Downy wrinkle releaser to bring with us but barely used it! September was the first time we packed using Ziplocs and it was great. Everything fit neatly and we were able to fit more in the suitcase, in fact we eliminated a suitcase. It was much easier having outfits all together and we just put the dirty clothes back in the ziplocs to take home
I also packed a gallon one for extra socks to take with to the parks, fit great in the back pack

Take some extra 2 gallons for dirty clothes for the trip back and to hold wet things

I rolled the clothes up and there weren't any wrinkles.

HOW IN THE WORLD AM I GONNA SLEEP TONIGHT LOL!!!!

Sounds like you're all ready!

Have a magical trip!!! :) :)

I like to pack quaarters in film canisters. One 35 mm fits about $7 of quarters. I brought them last year and my girlfriend looked at me like I had 3 heads until the rain storm flooded her kids shoes and she needed to dry them and she didn't have quarters and I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter