• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I'm so torn! BCV or BWV?

if your kids enjoy actual swimming (not wading), storm-along-bay (BC/YC/BCV pool) tends to get too crowded to do so (2 nephews & my own 2 kidlets - around the ages of yours and excellent swimmers - didn't care for SAB because of the crowding).
both have pool games for the kids. dining and quick service eateries are available at both - and within walking distance. BWV offers better views, as well as a community hall (crafts, video games, ping-pong, books & movies to borrow, etc), free nighttime performers (jugglers, magicians, etc), and (pay) carny games.

$1200 saved can get all of you real water park tix, and a lot of food:)

Just wondering what the OP decided? BWV or BCV?

We are booked @ BCV, but still have the option to switch to BW. I must be crazy not to have taken the discount by now. No, I'm nuts!!! $1200, but a part of me keeps thinking that this is once in a lifetime and I'm afraid to stay @ BW and have regrets. Like I may miss out on something, I know that sounds silly to me too! My husband is indifferent. He's happy with anything, which helps, but makes it harder for me to decide sometimes. I also still need to decide on our flights, the price has increased since I last checked. I haven't had time for planning, which I need to do when the kids aren't around. May is always our busiest month and I started a new job, its been a while since I worked full time. We want it to be a total surprise for them! There have been so many times I almost slipped. I'm bad at keeping surprises! Good thing I can spill the beans here! They are going to freak, I can't wait!

I would definitely stay at BWV. We have stayed at BCVs which are lovely, but I don't like the lack of views from the rooms. I would pick BWV even without the discount. We just like the atmosphere there better. You can't go wrong either way.

Agreed. Our home resort is BWV and while BCV has a great pool, we enjoy the feel of the Boardwalk and the resort feel from Lobby on. With BCV's not having views and being in a seperate buliding we don't care for it as much. HOWEVER I fully understand the people who luv BCV and the pool. I would use the savings to further enjoy my vacation or extended it by a day or two!

That is a huge price difference. I have a kid too young for their water parks, so Stormalongbay was great for us. If he was older, I'd keep the $1200 and buy a ticket to blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon instead. Everyday, we hit a different part of SAB and felt like we were at a new pool. Having beaches and cream right there was cool because you could watch to see when it was empty and hit it then.

I also prefer the BCV food service and small size. Their store had a counter food service option that I much preferred to BWV options. You could fill up with soda or coffee easily without walking a mile. The Kids' Club is right there, then you can go to dinner nearby at Yacht Club. It was super convenient. There's a salon/spa overlooking the pool too.

Having stayed at both resorts and enjoyed both immensely, and although DD absolutely loves SAB, we really enjoyed our recent Boardwalk stay. The Community Hall is a huge plus for us - DD and DH played ping pong, fussball and we have really enjoyed the resorts pools and easy walk to both parks.

So after months of surfing the site, I was able to get free dining at BCV, but we had to shorten the trip by 3 days. We check out 2 days before the Food and Wine F begins. But we got to split the stay and will be at the Poly-garden club level the last two nights! We will just have to get transportation over to Epcot for FWF. I can't sleep, I'm so excited! Thank you for all your help. A true Disney Dream will come true. The kids still don't know. They will go to school on the Morning we plan to leave. I am going to pick them up at school and surprise them!

So after months of surfing the site, I was able to get free dining at BCV, but we had to shorten the trip by 3 days. We check out 2 days before the Food and Wine F begins. But we got to split the stay and will be at the Poly-garden club level the last two nights! We will just have to get transportation over to Epcot for FWF. I can't sleep, I'm so excited! Thank you for all your help. A true Disney Dream will come true. The kids still don't know. They will go to school on the Morning we plan to leave. I am going to pick them up at school and surprise them!

I know you want to surprise the kids but do you think they would get a big kick out of helping with the planning? They could help you decide which park on which days, which rides are must dos, where to eat etc. We make up a simple spread sheet to put on the fridge so we all know what we're doing on a particular day. Half our fun is in the planning and the anticipation.

part of me keeps thinking that this is once in a lifetime and I'm afraid to stay @ BW and have regrets. Like I may miss out on something
if you already feel like you might be missing something by not staying at the BCV, that will probably carry over to your actual vacation. it would be difficult to fully appreciate and enjoy any other resort when regretting staying there initially.

So after months of surfing the site, I was able to get free dining at BCV, but we had to shorten the trip by 3 days. We check out 2 days before the Food and Wine F begins.

good choice - have a wonderful time :)

We had an amazing stay at BCV. 9/20-9/28, even the rain, lots of rain all week, didn't hamper the fun! We even used the hot tub at SAB in a downpour :) the last 2 nights we stayed at poly club level, very nice, but nothing beat the BC for us! Although the Dole whip at the poly was amazing, still craving it! Now back to work to save for our next trip.

We had an amazing stay at BCV. 9/20-9/28, even the rain, lots of rain all week, didn't hamper the fun! We even used the hot tub at SAB in a downpour :) the last 2 nights we stayed at poly club level, very nice, but nothing beat the BC for us! Although the Dole whip at the poly was amazing, still craving it! Now back to work to save for our next trip.

Great to hear back. Its such a great location to.

the only difference is storm-a-long bay. if you are going to your timeshare for a couple of days at the pool, stay at bwv.

i love bwv. it is still grand. bcv is also grand. only diff is the look of the building outside. i also like having the boat dock right outside the door. you can walk or get on the boat to go to cape may or the restaurants at the yacht club, or vis-versa.

save that money and use it to dine at some of the signature restaurants or to have for a great day when you get home. ;) it always feels good to come home and know you still have a little extra money left.

both resorts are marvelous and great locations.:goodvibes

Two words...split stay. We always split stays now, usually between a MK resort and an Epcot resort. It's like two vacations in one, and transferring is a minor inconvenience. For you it would he a pool vacation and a park vacation. If you know you are going to spend two days staying at the resort/pool, book a night or two at the BCV and spend your two pool days there. Stay at BWV for the other nights. You get SAB for the pool days, and save $900 or so on the BWV nights. Especially for a once in lifetime trip, why not see a couple different places?

BCV is a much better resort at which to spend a dedicated resort day. The pool at BWV is ok, but not in the same league as SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter