I'm So Very Sad Today

I am sorry to read this. Cherished pets are hard to lose- take the time to grieve and don't worry about when the feeling is "supposed" to pass.

I am so sorry for your loss of your feathered friend. The grief we feel at the loss of our non human family members is real and intense. Be kind to yourself and allow your memories to bring you comfort.

I had to take my African Grey to the veterinary hospital last night. He was sleeping a lot and just not right. I'd been talking to the vet's office for a couple days, following its advice.

I received a call, just after midnight. He had passed away.

I have been crying all day. I'm not a crier. I think I've cried more for this little bird than I did for either of my dogs that had previously passed. The little bugger crawled right into my heart from they day I brought him home.

He hung out with me during the day and when I was on conference calls, he would make noises, talk and catcall whistle when he found the conversation interesting. When he didn't, he would close his eyes until the meeting was over. He mimicked everything. I loved him dearly.

The funny thing is, I started buying parrots after my last dog passed away. I wanted animals who would outlive me so I wouldn't have to feel this way. He was only 11. I rescued him 8 years ago He was supposed to live for another 25 - 45 years. We did finally get another dog because birds don't keep your feet warm when you're lounging on the couch.

I know that a day or two will help ease this feeling, but I didn't sleep last night after I heard and I just feel so sad. :(
I’m so sorry for your loss. That kinda happened to me. My 12 yr old golden died so I chose a breed that should live longer & then he died of cancer at barely age 6 😔.

So sorry for your loss. Lots of people don't understand how you can become attached to our pets but my 2 shelter dogs are our "2 boys" and every time I have to put a dog down, I swear that I will never get another one and my husband just shakes his head and says "Sure...I will believe that when I see it!" Hugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter