image post processing

Oh, absolutely! You can do all these same post-processing adjustments with JPEGs, as well as RAW photos. So later on, when you do buy a camera that shoots RAW, your post-processing workflow won't be much different.

In addition to post-processing, you can use Lightroom to catalog & organize your photos. Post-processing and cataloging are the 2 most-important features of Lightroom.

btw, what camera do you have that doesn't shoot RAW? :confused: (unless it's a point-and-shoot)

Thanks for the recommendation. Any idea what would be best for cataloging, Lightroom or iPhoto (I have a new MacBook).

I have a Canon SX20is (a bridge camera). Love it, but I wish it shot in RAW too. This is my "learn how to really make my camera work for me camera" before I upgrade to a DSLR. If I end up not really learning how to make this one work for me, there's no point in upgrading to a DSLR later.

Thanks again!

Wanna get that creamy cinematic look to some of your photos???? Well, just start by decreasing Contrast and Brightness!!!!! Sure, there are other considerations for nailing a cinema-type shot... composition, a nice dof doesn't hurt, etc... But those two adjustments are a start.

I'm constantly trying to learn more and more about this style of processing. So if anyone has any tips, please post them here.

There isn't a dramatic difference to the Before and After of this shot, but there's still a change. And the tone curve was basically used for the more fine adjustments to the settings shown.

7591 Levels by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

And then add some borders for good measure. ;)

Which Wand Will Choose You, Mr. Weasley??? by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

bumping this...

I haven't played around with any post processing yet (I'm planning on getting a Light Room 3 trial after I return from Disney World in 2 weeks)...

But would love to see any current work anyone has been working on :)

EDIT:

Ok, I got a little too excited... and played with a JPEG I took from our last trip...

IMG_5583 by paperartprincess, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter